FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Third Division and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

DFWCrufan

Congrats to the Warhawks, they wanted it more and rose to the game, do well going forward!
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Etchglow

Congrats to Whitewater. Umhb got out played today. Some questionable stuff from the refs but was pretty much a non factor.

D O.C.

Put that season to rest.
Seriously, with all the distractions in September, this team was fighting uphill the rest of the way.
Embarrassing? No head hanging.

umhb2001

Just a poor showing by the Cru today. We had no answer for the tenacity and eagerness of the Warhawk players.

If you can't get up for this game and play with intensity, there's a problem.

No real effort on offense. Jase was obviously not himself. Errant throws and really unable to move. Luke should have had a chance. It's like tunnel vision hits and we don't know how to use our players.

Turning point: The inability to do anything when we had the ball after the interception before the half. That sealed the deal. We could only go backwards.

Oh well. Warhawks deserve the credit. Now 1-6 against them all time. Gonna have to get better to move forward.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

zipmac22

Congratulations to the Warhawks, they were the better team today! It was easy to see who really wanted the win. There were some very questionable calls or missed calls from the refs, but that wouldn't of made a difference in the outcome. When there are three other QB's on the sideline and we stick with Jase who really wasn't having a productive day one has to question why another QB wasn't given an opportunity to see how they could do. Overall it was a really good season and we shouldn't hang the season on just one game. Lets use the off season to regroup and set our sight on winning one game at a time.
D3 National Champions:  2016, 2018, 2021

umhbalum

I think if we are honest with ourselves we saw a game like this as a possibility come playoffs. In fact we got a preview a number of times especially against HSU.

Still a great season overall and a lot of things to look forward to next season.

We need to shore up the QB position and hopefully we have some competition coming in.

Hopefully the Offensive and Defensive lines get bigger and stronger and build on this years experience. This should also help us get back to establishing a dominant run game as well.

Need to get some better skill guys on special teams.

Hold your heads high Cru, take some time off, rest, reflect, and get back to work to make a run next season

QB Jock Itch

Unfortunately not the outcome I wanted but tip of the hat to UWW they played well. No excuse here but when you've had 4 of the starting 5 O-Line go out for the season it makes it hard to get the offense going. When you play a team of UWW caliber you can't be 1 dimensional if so they pin their ears back and double that with going against an inexperienced O-Line makes it tough. Losing Akeem Jackson along with other defensive starters playing with fractured arms and other major injuries was just to much.

Thanks to the coaches and players I've had a great time watching y'all the last 2 years.

Ralph Turner

I thought that this was a rebuilding year for UMHB. They had to fill so many positions in the Top 44 or 66 that had been filled with Juniors and Seniors in the past.

There is a big difference between 18 & 19 year olds and 21 and 22 year olds.

Toby Taff

Quote from: umhbalum on December 07, 2019, 07:45:49 PM
I think if we are honest with ourselves we saw a game like this as a possibility come playoffs. In fact we got a preview a number of times especially against HSU.

Still a great season overall and a lot of things to look forward to next season.

We need to shore up the QB position and hopefully we have some competition coming in.

Hopefully the Offensive and Defensive lines get bigger and stronger and build on this years experience. This should also help us get back to establishing a dominant run game as well.

Need to get some better skill guys on special teams.

Hold your heads high Cru, take some time off, rest, reflect, and get back to work to make a run next season
Just a reminder, assuming they return, Aaron Sims should be back next season, Montana Miller didn't play a snap this year and I really look forward to seeing if he can have the success his brothers had pounding the rock, the O-line is young and now knows what physical looks like, Tommy Bowden looks to be a fantastic QB, A young group of DBs that played well most of the season, jFritz punting out of this world and holding down the leadership role on defense, Anthony Avila crushing the kicking game...There is a ton to look forward to and if everyone returns the cupboard is full for a few years to come. The obstacles this team overcame this year would have kept most of teams out of the playoffs. A lot to be proud of. today's game was not indicative of the class this senior group has shown.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Toby Taff

Quote from: QB Jock Itch on December 07, 2019, 09:27:00 PM
Unfortunately not the outcome I wanted but tip of the hat to UWW they played well. No excuse here but when you've had 4 of the starting 5 O-Line go out for the season it makes it hard to get the offense going. When you play a team of UWW caliber you can't be 1 dimensional if so they pin their ears back and double that with going against an inexperienced O-Line makes it tough. Losing Akeem Jackson along with other defensive starters playing with fractured arms and other major injuries was just to much.

Thanks to the coaches and players I've had a great time watching y'all the last 2 years.
It's been good seeing you on the boards. Just because you wont have a player on the team doesn't mean you can't still join us here . Might even be a little less stressful for you. It's always nice to have another voice. Sorry the season ended the way it did.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

emma17

Congratulations to UMHB for a great season and a great undefeated run. In the last few years, UWW has experienced the same sort of ending to the season. The beauty is, stick with it and good things will come.
It took a herculean effort by UWW to defeat UMHB today. It is rare for any team to play a truly complete game, UWW did today.

SW66

Lets be real here. Sure when a D3 teams has an offensive line that averages 6-3 and 300 pounds it can be tough but to never adjust out of the 2 deep safeties and help in the box against a team who has a mantra of pound the rock makes no sense. To stick with a quarterback who is so immobile and having a bad day behind an oline who stood around the whole day makes no sense. Name 1 run all year where the running back ran in a touchdown from more than 25 yards out? Bet ya can't. This is coaching pure and simple, and what was our offensive gameplan today? If you saw one please enlighten me a bit. Sure the kids played hard like they always do but the coaches gave them no chance to win with the same stuff we do every game. UMHB has always been about speed all over the field and this year we just looked avarage. So now I get to here about how how we won all our games so why am I complaining about this team. Well I am not down on the team but more so on this antiquated offensive effort we keep rolling out there week after week. If you want to be a running team then go get some o linemen that can road grade. If you want to pass then run some routes that dont require the qb to hold the ball for 5 seconds on every pass. If we want to do bot then get some speed at running back,qb, and wr. Rant over.

Toby Taff

Quote from: SW66 on December 08, 2019, 03:07:22 AM
Lets be real here. Sure when a D3 teams has an offensive line that averages 6-3 and 300 pounds it can be tough but to never adjust out of the 2 deep safeties and help in the box against a team who has a mantra of pound the rock makes no sense. To stick with a quarterback who is so immobile and having a bad day behind an oline who stood around the whole day makes no sense. Name 1 run all year where the running back ran in a touchdown from more than 25 yards out? Bet ya can't. This is coaching pure and simple, and what was our offensive gameplan today? If you saw one please enlighten me a bit. Sure the kids played hard like they always do but the coaches gave them no chance to win with the same stuff we do every game. UMHB has always been about speed all over the field and this year we just looked avarage. So now I get to here about how how we won all our games so why am I complaining about this team. Well I am not down on the team but more so on this antiquated offensive effort we keep rolling out there week after week. If you want to be a running team then go get some o linemen that can road grade. If you want to pass then run some routes that dont require the qb to hold the ball for 5 seconds on every pass. If we want to do bot then get some speed at running back,qb, and wr. Rant over.
Reasonable rant. I don't know f you watched the post-game presser, but Jase pulled a groin in the first half (he was in the locker room for treatment when tev picked of the ball with 40 to go and had to come out to "play" that last set of downs) and Coach said maybe he should have put someone else in, "luke was ready to go" but thought with the game UWW was Playing and the amount of time the D was on the field Jase was the best option to catch up. I also heard watching this that our Center went down to injury thursday and a freshman got his first start vs UWW. With 3 freshman starting on the o-line yesterday, I'm not surprised they were pushed around 18/19 y/o boys are not physically the same as 21-22 y/o men. Beyond that, Coach should have made the call and pulled Jase even if for a few series. Coach said Jase was the best option to catch up, I'll give him that. Jase's arm and Jonel's speed can account for points quickly, having someone more mobile who could have sustained a drive or 2 to give he defense a blow would have helped. I have never seen our defense absolutely gassed in the 4th before today. Am I proud of the team. yes. They overcame a lot to get this far, but I hate the way this ended for the seniors. This is a bad taste to finish their outstanding careers at UMHB they wont have a chance to wash out of their mouths.

umhb2001

When you know your QB is injured and not playing to the best of his ability, that is a coaching error. Too many of these errors have come against UWW. I love our coaches. I just think we need to have some introspection on the coaching end for the errors they made in this loss.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

MUC57

Cru fans

I know this won't help ease the pain from your loss, but you guys lasted one more game than Mount Union. We feel your sadness.
UMU and UMHB are still among the top teams in Dlll. Both have a tradition and both have national championships.
I bet both reams reload and come back fighting next year.
So, until then, Go Cru! Go Raiders!  ;D

An afterthought. How be we both meet in the Stagg Bowl next year?
By the way, as you already know, It will be at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
It's OK to dream!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠