BB: NWC: Northwest Conference

Started by Tezbaseball, December 30, 2005, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat11

Quote from: cat_fan_08 on April 10, 2011, 11:08:06 PM
If we thought the UPS series against Linfield two weeks ago was huge lets look at the upcoming Chapman series. Both teams are firing on all cylinders and it should be a good one.

Why did Vaughn not start against Lewis and Clark?

No Idea.  I'll try to get the scoop on that.  Good sweep for the 'Cats and you're 100% right.  HUGE weekend...just wish I could make that trip.

CrashDavisD3

I see no audio or live stats for Chapman @ Linfield games . Can someone provide updates via Twitter ??

THANKS
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

CrashDavisD3

Weather forecast for Chapman @ Linfield for 4 games. I hope Chapman has learned how to play in this type of weather after last years games in the Regionals. Looks like there will be some breaks in the weather to get the games in during decent weather.

Friday Night
Rain likely. Lows 40 to 45. 

Saturday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs 55 to 60. 

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Lows around 40. 

Sunday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs around 55. 
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."

D O.C.

You can't lull the CATS CDD3, that's the same weather Southern California has had this season.

CrashDavisD3

Quote from: D O.C. on April 13, 2011, 11:03:11 PM
You can't lull the CATS CDD3, that's the same weather Southern California has had this season.
Got to get ready for Oregon weather somehow...
http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/2011-02-27/chapman-takes-two-despite-rain

Chapman / Linfield Preview

http://chapmanathletics.com/sports/bsb/2010-11/releases/0413

CrashDavisD3

Are you kidding me. Rainout in Oregon today for Chapman/Linfield. Rain did not stop their last meeting last May.

Double header on Saturday another double header (weather permitting) on Sunday. 

cat_fan_08

Cats and Cougars split today. Linfield had a real chance to tie it in the 9th in the first game but a botched squeeze play ended that.

Chapman's #1 has a great breaking ball that held the bats at bay. Larson looked great. It was a great pitchers duel.

BigPoppa

This four game series between Chapman and Linfield makes me wonder just how much the coaches are willing to show each other seeing as how they have a reasonable chance to meet in the post-season.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Piobark

Well that was fun today!!! Please forgive the barking - but it has been a long season

Lewis and Clark at 4-27 for the season

George Fox, previously ranked, at 22-9 overall

Game one - Pios get bombed 15-1  by George Fox 

and then the Pios come back to win the second game 6-3....

first time the seniors have ever beaten George Fox...

cat_fan_08

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 16, 2011, 11:17:02 PM
This four game series between Chapman and Linfield makes me wonder just how much the coaches are willing to show each other seeing as how they have a reasonable chance to meet in the post-season.

I would think both coaches won't hold back especially Chapman. As a pool B team, Chapman needs these key in region wins to make its case for the post season. Linfield, with two conference series left is still building its resume too. You never know what can happen against Fox and PLU.

forheavendial4999

Quote from: cat_fan_08 on April 17, 2011, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: BigPoppa on April 16, 2011, 11:17:02 PM

I would think both coaches won't hold back especially Chapman. As a pool B team, Chapman needs these key in region wins to make its case for the post season. Linfield, with two conference series left is still building its resume too. You never know what can happen against Fox and PLU.

No reason to hold back, IMO. This isn't basketball or football where you can add things that people haven't seen. Baseball is about execution and making routine plays; individuals contributing to the team cause, mostly. There are a few plays you can run in baseball, mostly related to bunt defense and pickoffs, but for the most part there's not a lot of surprising or fooling people ... maybe a relief pitcher they haven't seen or something but can't imagine much beyond that. Just MO.

CrashDavisD3

I can tell you by watching both programs play for the past 3 years, there is no holding back ever from either team. Chapman's Coach Tereschuk or Linfields Coach Brosius.

This is the huge rivalry in the West for both programs. With only 2 Pool B spots this year, any losses could be fatal for Chapman. Linfield still has tough conference to win and any in region losses could cost a potential Pool C bid if they don't win their conference.

Linfield was the team last May that ended Chapman's streak of going to Appleton and Chapman wants to make sure that will not happen again.  Both have great programs with great players, a commitment to playing baseball the right way.

Both teams take on the personality of their coaches. Chapman's has great pitching and plays the game with a passion. Linfield is the best team in the nation playing small ball. steal bases, bunt runners over, sac flyball in. Both teams can get the timely hits needed to win games.

Jack Parkman

Although there is no reason to hold anything back, Chapman got a boost from the SCIAC with Pomona being out of the race for the conference title.  If Redlands wins the SCIAC I do not see any other SCIAC team getting a Pool C bid, thus making Chapman a better bet for the Pool C if they were not to get a Pool B.  Of course for Chapman it would be best if they just went out and won as many games down the stretch as they can.

CrashDavisD3

Quote from: Jack Parkman on April 17, 2011, 01:05:01 PM
Although there is no reason to hold anything back, Chapman got a boost from the SCIAC with Pomona being out of the race for the conference title.  If Redlands wins the SCIAC I do not see any other SCIAC team getting a Pool C bid, thus making Chapman a better bet for the Pool C if they were not to get a Pool B.  Of course for Chapman it would be best if they just went out and won as many games down the stretch as they can.
Since Pool B & Pool C are chosen nationally not regionally, is it possible that a Pool B or Pool C come from another region and put into the West Regional. This is from the NCAA

Berths from Pool B and Pool C will be selected on a national basis, using regional selection criteria. There will be
no predetermined regional allocations for Pools B and C.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: CrashDavisD3 on April 17, 2011, 01:17:25 PM
Quote from: Jack Parkman on April 17, 2011, 01:05:01 PM
Although there is no reason to hold anything back, Chapman got a boost from the SCIAC with Pomona being out of the race for the conference title.  If Redlands wins the SCIAC I do not see any other SCIAC team getting a Pool C bid, thus making Chapman a better bet for the Pool C if they were not to get a Pool B.  Of course for Chapman it would be best if they just went out and won as many games down the stretch as they can.
Since Pool B & Pool C are chosen nationally not regionally, is it possible that a Pool B or Pool C come from another region and put into the West Regional. This is from the NCAA

Berths from Pool B and Pool C will be selected on a national basis, using regional selection criteria. There will be
no predetermined regional allocations for Pools B and C.

True, I just meant that there will likely be fewer Pool C teams due to the SCIAC and NWC not having a solid 2nd place team.  Of course this all gets thrown out the window if Redlands or Linfield fail to win their respective conferences.