FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smarty

Anyone have any insight on the Lyco/ Juniata game?  I have not even had the time to look at the summary.  Does Lyco have the ship righted this year or is Juniata just that bad or is it both (seems likely)? 

Edit: from the game summary seems like Lyco has found their running game again, I hope they keep up the good work.  Congrats on step one Warriors.

patcummings

As for Bob Ziadie's comments...

I think SJF showed just how strong they are once again after another huge blowout.  The final score from this week's game against Rochester is inflated b/c the starters didn't play for the final third of the game. 

Interesting that Hopkins scored 9 points on Roch and SJF scores 50-some.

I think King's should rebound after a brutal week one.  Props to them for scheduling a tough opponent.  It doesn't happen all that much anymore.

jb

I was at the lyco.juniata game,  juniata just couldn't get anything going.  Lyco's defense was solid, and the offense moved the ball consistently, with a few big plays mixed in.  Both teams had plenty of turnovers.  If lyco can protect the ball on offense and the D continues to get better- they could makes some noise in the mac.

bziadie

Pat:
I would agree about SJFC being a very good team. They were very impressive against King's and a lot of people involved with the program think they are a better team than last year, even with some of their personnel losses. That remains to be seen, but they are certainly a quality team.  Coach Mannello said before the SJFC game that he wanted to play a tough non-conference game in week one because he did not want to go into the MAC opener not knowing what the team's weaknesses were until the game was half over.  That said, there are eight games left and the personnel and philosphical changes against LVC worked, but there are plenty of tough teams on the schedule so we will have to wait and see.

Billman56

Does anyone out there know where the kicker from Lyco went or did he just not want to continue playing? Chris Shrader was a very good kicker but had an off year last season. he was ALL MAC 1st Team as a Freshman in 2003.

Also, I see Kevin Keller came back to the MAC after 2 seasons with LVC and didnt play last year and is now at Wilkes.

LurkinMomma

I asked my son the same question....
He believes that Shrader's grades also had an off year and he transfered to a community college.

Billman56

LurkinMomma...Thanks for the info. Kid had a lot of talent then again, academics have to be there also. Kids....Right...go figure.

Are you a lyco fan I take it??? What is the prediction for the rest of the season after last week??
Good Luck!!!

LurkinMomma

;D Really.... How do you think a players Mom would be likely to answer that?

Actually, my boy says they are very confident in what they are capable of, strongly motivated and ready to prove that last year was a fluke. He was part of the 2003 Champ team and feels like things are back on that track. To me they looked awesome!

I know nothing about football which is why I read the boards. I try to get a feel for what's going on around the division so I might have a clue when at the games.  That's why I don't add to the discussions (note my screenname).

.......................... back to Lurking  ;)

Billman56

LurkinMomma

Thanks for the reply. Yes you will learn some things here. I have also learned that you can never count a MAC team out of a game as there is so much parity within the conference. A Lyco team is almost always respected before the playing begins and also during the game. Well thanks for your insight to the current team and will see you in a couple weeks.

Chum Slam

my prediction....  Ugly defensive game, WU 13 Lyco 7
"Worrilow, get away from me before I choke you"  -Sama-

smarty

Quote from: Chum Slam on September 13, 2005, 04:18:12 PM
my prediction....  Ugly defensive game, WU 13 Lyco 7

A low scoring Lyco/ Widener game?  what has the world come to?  Not like the good old days...

Despite the fact I have not been paying particuarly close attention, I'm going to say Lyco 17, Widener 13

Chum Slam

Definately not the 50-49 double overtime thrillers we used to have. But last years 7-0 was a great game also. I look forward to another knock down drag out game.  What a day I have also Widener-Lyco, Delaware-WC, then bachelor party for a friend !

jb

I also think the lyco /widener game will be a low scoring ugly affair....lyco 17..Wid 13.
the difference will least turnovers and the better D.

PBR...

enuf lyco/widener stuff they are a bunch of has beens   ;)    ...lets talk now and future about dvc and they are going to open up a giant size can of whoop arse on wilkes!!!  ;D

Chum Slam

Bunch of has beens? DVC is a bunch of never beens. One good season does not give anyone the right to say teams with rich histories are has beens.