FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chum Slam

I stand corrected, they were undefeated.... 9 - 0 !!!!!!  And that season they did not beat a nationally ranked team in the 9 wins.

Youre right we did play a nationally ranked team out of the MAC, they didnt beat a nationally ranked team period during the regular season.

"Worrilow, get away from me before I choke you"  -Sama-

patcummings

Chum...get real man.

DVC and those upstate NY teams all deserve to be higher than Rowan.  Most of these rankings are based on objective criteria with a portion of subjective analysis.  Most of the objective criteria force the committee to put DVC, Union, etc. above Rowan.  

If you don't get it, that's a shame

zoolander

i didnt get to c del val this year but i'll be at the game this week.  if del val and rowen met in the playoffs this year i dont think they would get blown out like last year mainly bc when any  team gets a shot at a rematch for redemtion, they usually bring thier A game. 

zoolander

game of the week!!!  widener upsets del val and starts thier quest to regain the mac crown!  hey i know its early but... del val can get my best of luck post for the playoffs after the widener match up.  38 - 35 widener wins in o.t. by a field goal.

Chum Slam

Zoolander, I will be there also, who should I look for?

Dynasty07

no way wu beats del val, just not going to happen. dvc is by far a superior team.
To Secure Peace is to Prepare for War

maAggie5

Pat: Could you explain the rumor of Wesley asking to be seeded in the East region. How can a team make such a request? Is it true that if they do get seeded in the East and Rowan wins this weekend they would host Wesley???

tecmobowler

Nothing is for sure by any means.  The East gets five automatic bids.  That leaves three spots for B and C teams. 

There will be three one-loss B/C eligible teams at the most.  This is if RPI defeats Union. 

That situation would leave Union, Hobart, and Fisher all with one loss, without an automatic bid.  Most believe the LL will not get three teams, thus, the need for a shipper from another region.
Thousands of fans join in the revelry, showing their Bomber pride and support for the football team. Some fans take the rowdiness a little too far, however, by starting fights, damaging property and tipping Port-a-Potties. -Ithacan, November 10th

maAggie5

So then it's not really Wesley's choice, but rather out of necessity?

jb

Hey Pat Great comparison- Keep the great work up.

Billman56

Chum Slam

You have done nothing but bash Del Val all season without giving any respect to the team. That is your opinion and each is entitled to his own....How ever you have also mentioned the score of last years Rowan/Del Val game......True it ended 56-7...however the halftime score we 35-0...I, too was there.

I dont see DVC losing this week but it will be another close contest...Del Val 28   Widener  24

Dynasty07

whats the outlook for lvc/ albright?
To Secure Peace is to Prepare for War

patcummings

No team can ask the committee to seed them anywhere.  If they want, they could send Wesley to the West.  Would it happen?  No...but it's just to show that there is no forced way to seed the playoffs. 

Look at our playoff projections on the front page via Daily Dose and review.  Last year the projections nailed 27 of 28 teams, I believe...not bad.  The seeding is almost dead on too. 

MOJO

Posters,
Put your bucks on the Dutchmen this week.  LVC 21 - Albright 14

Chum Slam

It was not 35-0 because a bunch of us were commenting that it was even worse than when we beat CNU and were up 42-0 at halftime.