BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janesvilleflash

UWP is getting a new field, must not going to be ready in time for this season. Was looking at UWO roster from last season, and saw a couple pitchers I was familiar with from their highschool days. Definately not the caliber of players UWO has had in the past. Stanke is going to have to be dominant for them to win it this year, but having Bosio on the coaching staff has to be a big boost for recruiting, and helping with the pitching staff.
If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

BigPoppa

I agree that Stanke needs to be a workhorse for the Titans. 

Why did he transfer back from Evansville? I know he only got 17 innings last year, but it is a waiting game when you are an underclassman.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Beater

Who do you think the 4th team to make the WIAC tournament is gonna be.....??

BigPoppa

Quote from: Beater on February 07, 2006, 04:55:43 PM

Oshkosh, Whitewater, Stevens Point and Stout...

cubs

Quote from: Beater on February 07, 2006, 04:55:43 PM
I think the "Big 3" will be in again, (WHitewater, Stevens Point, and Oshkosh) but I think LaCrosse will make it instead of Stout after a one-year absence (Platteville in 2005.)  My reasoning, LaCrosse returns their top 2 pitchers from last season in Bemis and Zurbriggen, and that SHOULD be enough to give them a leg up on Stout, Platteville, and Superior.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

baseball

I wouldn't count la crosse to be out of contention, they are young but they have some really good talent on that team.  As well as a few guys who played in the northwoods league..

baseball

Beater

If La Crosse can get some wins early and the young players buy into their coaches systerm they could be a dangerous team in the WIAC........ THey do return their top 2 pitchers and they have arguably the best position player in the conference in Andy  Podmolik..........

REDMENFAN

Can't wait for the Carthage/Oshkosh doubleheader over spring break, should be a great two games.  It will be very interesting to see what carthage does as far as pitching, seeing they play #2 Cortland state in a double header the day before.  Although I feel these trips are important to getting your season started off right, its hard to measure exactly where you are because you are starting some guys  on the mound who may rarely pitch the rest of the season. I would say if carthage could split with both of these teams, that would show that they are for real this year.  Its always cool to see Augie and Lechnir get together for some games. They are traditionally two of the top teams in the country, and I think they should play yearly.

cubs

Quote from: REDMENFAN on February 09, 2006, 11:47:41 AM
Can't wait for the Carthage/Oshkosh doubleheader over spring break, should be a great two games.  It will be very interesting to see what carthage does as far as pitching, seeing they play #2 Cortland state in a double header the day before. 
Oshkosh will also be playing Cortland State later on in the trip, so both teams should get a pretty good idea where they stand with their pitching depth.  UWO also plays preseason #22 Suffolk, (before Carthage) and #24 Wheaton (MA) (after Carthage) on their trip.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Beater

Did Whitewater get any big name transfers in.......???

janesvilleflash

I really don't see WW in the top 4 this year, unless they have some big time transfers or recruits, especially pitching.
If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

JUSTINTYEM

Dont forgot good OL' Patty Bloom may be getting some NCAA Sanctions against him for some Recruiting Violations of Doug Coe and someone else.This came from a reliable source that stated Bloom self reported in hopes of easing the sanctions.
Im a Retired Radio Sportscaster.

BigPoppa

Quote from: JUSTINTYEM on February 10, 2006, 01:43:28 PM
Dont forgot good OL' Patty Bloom may be getting some NCAA Sanctions against him for some Recruiting Violations of Doug Coe and someone else.This came from a reliable source that stated Bloom self reported in hopes of easing the sanctions.

I am sure many people do not know this, but Pat Bloom started his playing career at Carthage before moving to UWSP. He has done great things at Point in his short tenure.

BigPoppa

Check out this interesting list on the Carthage web page:

Do any of the teams listed surprise you?

http://www.carthage.edu/athletics/index.cfm?page=325