2016 NCAA Tournament

Started by Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan), February 26, 2016, 08:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pg04

Wow, that's terrible. I can see how it can happen. You just have to feel bad for him.

David Collinge

Quote from: pg04 on March 04, 2016, 10:01:14 PM
Quote from: David Collinge on March 04, 2016, 10:00:32 PM
Plenty of upsets to go around tonight. Catholic, Plattsburgh, North Central, and now Marietta all go down.

Yes basically any team that I chose in the fantasy leagues run by Greek.
Well, if it's any consolation, it looks like you had lots of opportunities. "Multi-Region Topics" is starting to resemble DraftKings.com (he said, mildly annoyed.)

pg04

Quote from: David Collinge on March 04, 2016, 10:08:18 PM
Plenty of upsets to go around tonight. Catholic, Plattsburgh, North Central, and now Marietta all go down.

Well, if it's any consolation, it looks like you had lots of opportunities. "Multi-Region Topics" is starting to resemble DraftKings.com (he said, mildly annoyed.)

Take it up with consumer affairs.  :)

Gregory Sager

I honestly can't remember a first round that had this many nail-biters. I've had a lot of fun tracking the scoreboard and checking in on close games tonight. Because of all of the squeakers it feels as though I've seen a lot of different gyms this evening.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

David Collinge

I give: who is Jamir Haddon, and why should I feel sorry for him?

pg04

Quote from: David Collinge on March 04, 2016, 10:15:03 PM

The Stockton - Keene game was tied late in OT. Stockton missed a shot and he fouled because I guess he didn't realize the score was tied not behind.

sac

I saw Adrian do the same thing in a game in January, but they survived to laugh it off.  A whole different thing in the NCAA's.

David Collinge

Quote from: pg04 on March 04, 2016, 10:17:13 PM

The Stockton - Keene game was tied late in OT. Stockton missed a shot and he fouled because I guess he didn't realize the score was tied not behind.
I see. So what you're saying is he's Chris Webber.

Gregory Sager

Yep. The score was 71-71 in overtime when Stockton's Marcus Harmon had his shot blocked with :05 remaining on the game clock. Matt Ozzella rebounded the ball for Keene State, and Jaymere Haddon (now that the box score's up I can see how the young man spells his name) immediately wrapped his arms around Ozzella. As pg04 surmised, it's pretty clear that Haddon thought that the Ospreys were trailing rather than tied.

Ozzella made one of two free throws, a long heave by the Ospreys at the buzzer was blocked, and the Owls walked off of Stockton's floor with the upset win.

Apropos of nothing, our friend hplc2222, aka the Romanian Spambot, was going nuts in the in-game chat room, both at the end of this one and at the controversial end of the first game played at Stockton tonight, the Salisbury/Middlebury game in which a purported tip-in that would've tied the game with two-tenths of a second remaining was waved off because it was a catch rather than a tip-in.

Again, though, I feel very badly for Jaymere Haddon. This is going to be hard for him to live with.

Quote from: David Collinge on March 04, 2016, 10:38:51 PM

I see. So what you're saying is he's Chris Webber.

In a sense, although you're the last person on d3boards.com whom I'd expect to make a D1 analogy, DC. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

pg04

I saw that guy in the chatroom too. I am glad that I didn't have a log-in. He is still bombarding hoopsville on twitter with various accounts. Saying the NCAA selections are due to racist math. Yes, that's one thing I saw. Nevertheless people keep reporting all his accounts for spam.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

The fun part? There's virtually no way to avoid a second round flight in the lower right now.  With Middlebury and Keene playing each other, no one can drive to Christopher Newport.  We're guessing Gwynedd-Mercy can't host (too small) - so that means, perhaps driving Wooster and Midd to Oswego and flying CNU up there?  Lots of possibilities, obviously, none of them good.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

7express

The bottom right is a complete mess!  Where do we send that sectional now (because remember Wooster/Endicott and Keene/Middlebury are both more than 500 miles from Newport), while I don't think any of the remaining schools are within 500 miles of Wooster (maybe Oswego only??)  Bottom left isn't looking too much better in that regard either with Plattsburgh out and the Amherst men getting shipped out on the road next weekend.  I have a feeling there will be some bad hosts next weekend.

fantastic50

Wooster can get to more places than you would expect, including NYU (and even now-eliminated Stockton). However, if the Scots win, my guess is that this group will end up in Oswego, flying in CNU if needed.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: David Collinge on March 04, 2016, 10:08:18 PM

Sorry you're mildly annoyed, Dave.  ;D I like fantasy sports because it gets me more involved in games, teams and players I normally wouldn't. Someone posted recently that if it wasn't for the fantasy leagues, they wouldn't be watching certain games, checking live stats and be interested in the tourney. Getting more interest in D3 and the tournament can only be a good thing. We don't play for money, we play for fun and it's a nice mutual topic to  chat and discuss basketball (and boxscores) with fellow posters. I think its also fun for those who don't play and just lurk on our leagues. I even bet there are players that keep tabs on the leagues (who drafted me etc).
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

augie_superfan

Updated probabilities after the round 1 games

https://sites.google.com/site/d3basketballindex/2016-tourney/2016-tourney1

Hopefully another great slate of games tonight following yesterday's excitement.