MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bisonpride

Final from Field House..

UMW Eagles - 67
@Gally Bison - 61

Halftime: Tied 33-33

UMW improve to 8-5 and earn a sole first place spot in the conference with 3-0 record. Meanwhile, Gallaudet drop to 7-5 record and tying for second place with 2-1 record. Gallaudet would travel away at Marymount in Verizon Arena this saturday @4pm.

ycp

From Gallaudet and UMW SID Clint Often...

UMW 67-Gallaudet 61

ycp

Details from York....

York outscores Marymount 49-29 in the second half.

York was paced by Chad McGowan as the sophomore tallied 15 points and pulled down a game-high eight boards. McGowan was very efficient as he was 4-for-7 from the floor, 1-for-2 from three, and 6-for-8 from the free throw line. He also had two blocked shots in just 21 minutes. Senior Brandon Bushey added 13 points and two rebounds while Paddy Lee played another one of his all-around contests with 11 points, six rebounds, three assists, two blocked shots, and two steals. Kenny Fass was the fourth Spartan in double figures with 10 points and four rebounds.

Mike Gray led the Saints with 13 points and three rebounds. Corey Diamond added 11 points and five rebounds while he also had two steals. Pooyan Rahimi was the third Saint in double figures with 10 points.

Game Box
http://www.ycp.edu/sports/mens_basketball/2005/YCPMBB13.HTM

kitchenrat

York put on a hell of a show in the second half last night. As for the first half....well the put together a good video tape of what to avoid doing in coming games. I feel good about the fact that they were able to make the adjustments needed at halftime and come out firing on all cylinders for the second 20.

Once again a great game for McGowan and Bushey but the real difference in this game was the all out hustle on both ends of the court from the likes of Quinn Howard, Paddy Lee, Kenny Fass and the others who didn't get into double digits in the points column, but gave a great effort in the second half.

All in all, there was a lot of good ball movement both against the zone and man d they saw and the shooting was solid. Saturday should be interesting against St. Marys. Anyone got a scouting report on them?
Vita nostra brevis est
Brevi finietur.
Venit mors velociter
Rapit nos atrociter
Nemini parcetur.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Goucher's loss to Salisbury means the Gophers have tied the longest losing streak in school history (not counting last year... if we did... they already eclipsed the mark). The Gophers are 0-12 so far this season... and I am not looking to see them get thier first win against CUA at DuFour Center North - I mean the Sports and Rec Center - Saturday.

YCP is certainly the class of this conference and have the home court advantage of a life time right now.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Coach C

d-mac -

Do you see a win on the schedule?

C

gally

GALLY BASKETBALL,gally has a player on there bench who plays very little for some reason,but he is the best shooter on the team..this kid can with his deadly shot can really take gally to another level..he has some things to work on ,but when it comes to putting the ball in the hoop consistently you would be hard pressed to find somebody better..the kid can flat out shoot..he doesnt play much,which is hard to figure out..but once he is given a chance to play and get into the flow, folks will get to know about him real quick...he comes off the bench right now and we he does,the other team is screaming out loud YOU MUST GUARD THAT GUY...he is the shooter..his name is luther...

manofgor24

Thanks for the info Luther, I will keep my eyes open for this shooter.

Coach C

Luther -

you went to all the trouble to register to post and that is the best you can come up with???

C

kitchenrat

Is there no one who wants to talk about the CAC games the other night or the ones on the slate for tomorrow? Where have all the Catholic fans gone?
Vita nostra brevis est
Brevi finietur.
Venit mors velociter
Rapit nos atrociter
Nemini parcetur.

bbald eagle

Quote from: gally on January 12, 2006, 05:05:48 PM
gally has a player on there bench ... he is the best shooter on the team ... he is the shooter..his name is luther...

I didn't remember seeing him doing any spectacular shooting against UMW Wednesday, so I checked the stats. Luther Weedon: 1-6 FG; 0-4 3s; 13 minutes.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: kitchenrat on January 13, 2006, 09:42:35 AM
Is there no one who wants to talk about the CAC games the other night or the ones on the slate for tomorrow? Where have all the Catholic fans gone?

Matt's been posting throughout. ESAD passed away this offseason. Are there other regulars we should be putting out an APB on?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Coach C

Pat -

Did ESAD pass away in a virtual sense or in an actual sense?

C

Pat Coleman

ESAD literally passed away this summer. Ashamed to say I've forgotten the cause. Having met him, can confirm it was not of old age.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Coach C

Wow.  I'm sorry if it seemed that I made light of it.  Very sad.

C