FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bman

Quote from: FANOFD3 on September 05, 2021, 12:27:41 PM
Quote from: bman on September 05, 2021, 09:41:58 AM
Any insights on the Stevenson game?

Johns Hopkins controlled the game from start to finish for the clips I watched. I tuned out after the Johns Hopkins 3 qtr td. I think Stevenson can eliminate the TOs, they can get a good amount of points on the board. Defensively have to be better overall to get to the playoffs, but Johns Hopkins was a tough OOC opponent to start the season. The can compete to win the conference, but that most likely will depend on that early wk 3 matchup against Del Val. Nevertheless, I think they have to focus on RPI, who came back to beat Montclair State after Montclair State scored 3 defensive touchdowns, but couldn't do anything offensively against RPI.

Thanks!   Just very surprised at the lopsided score...

@d3jason

Quote from: RowanPhan on September 08, 2021, 10:25:51 AM
Quote from: RowanPhan on September 03, 2021, 09:57:06 AM
I was checking out the Widener roster and I was surprised to see James Gillespie still there. He torched Rowan in 2019. I assume he was granted an extra year.
Another close game in the annual Widener vs Rowan kickoff classic.

Widener's QB (Towson grad) is very talented, and ran the ball well. He made some really good reads and juked the Rowan DL on many plays.

The QB in question is Triston Harris from Dover High (where I teach). Has a great head on his shoulders, intelligent and athletic. I believe he started a few games for Towson. He could propel the Widener back up the MAC standings as a clear number two behind Del Val.

As for Stevenson, I think we all expected a better showing. But I also think the Centennial might be the strongest conference in Region 2, headed by Hopkins, Muhlenberg and Susquehanna.

bill

Congrats to Coach R. at FDU on his first win!
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

bill

Hello,

I was just lurking on the site again... and see that the MAC is now in "Region 1 New England-ish"?  That is certainly a very interesting take on geography, considering the conference doesn't have a football playing school north of Dallas, PA.  Call it what you wish, but New England-ish is a REAL big stretch. ???
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

Pat Coleman

Quote from: bill on September 14, 2021, 10:29:04 PM
Hello,

I was just lurking on the site again... and see that the MAC is now in "Region 1 New England-ish"?  That is certainly a very interesting take on geography, considering the conference doesn't have a football playing school north of Dallas, PA.  Call it what you wish, but New England-ish is a REAL big stretch. ???

Bill,

Exactly why I put "-ish" in the title.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

Welcome to Division III football, Eatern!
https://d3football.com/notables/2021/09/eastern-adding-football

(Finally! We've been hearing about this for years.)
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Caz Bombers

in keeping with the recent nomenclature updates, they're gonna have to change their name to Region 1ern

MAC will have 12 teams, right? Divisions and a conference championship game like the dearly departed NEFC?

Inkblot

There'll be six football schools in each subconference, so that'd be a natural way to set up divisions. Albright, Alvernia, Eastern, Lebanon Valley, Stevenson, Widener in the Commonwealth; Delaware Valley, FDU Florham, King's, Lycoming, Misericordia, Wilkes in the Freedom.
Moderator of /r/CFB. https://inkblotsports.com. Twitter: @InkblotSports.

ADL70

Can any MAC posters explain how the conference currently decides which two team a particular schools doesn't play in any given year.

The PAC will soon have 11 teams again, so I was curious if there is a formula based on team strength (which the NCAC used when it didn't have a complete round-robin) or does it just rotate? An schedule that isn't a full-round robin can have a problem when the top three or four teams don't all play each other.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

bill

ADL70,

The MAC used to use a rotating schedule...but I haven't been involved in over six years now - so I don't know! Sorry...

Pat Coleman

There is intent behind the schedule but I don't know what the details are.

bman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 16, 2021, 11:44:29 AM
There is intent behind the schedule but I don't know what the details are.
Well I hope there is intent Pat...otherwise, they will have to bring out their magic dart board again!😆

bman

...and I got crap for not posting???😆😆😆😂

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: bman on September 21, 2021, 06:36:19 PM
...and I got crap for not posting???😆😆😆😂

An experiment bman. I was wondering who might come out of the shadows with JC (not THAT JC!! ;) ) on the lamb. No LycoSimba, the Wilkes guy (forget his name), the Stevenson kid (forget his name........and 0-3 ain't helping ;) who would make weekly and season predictions) Even Kate has disappeared!! I thought we'd get a few of the Wesley gang, including Wesleydad, but they have pretty much dried up.

I did tell you that expectations were high for both Widener and Lycoming this year, given the number of 5th (and 6th) year returning players and some transfers. It's looking like the insiders in both programs who told me so are spot on.

Time to hide again...................to see who might come out (my guess is on Simba if Lycoming keeps rolling ;) )

kate

Lycoming will be a tough test for Del Val next week up in Williamsport.   Good Luck Aggies!