NAC

Started by Ralph Turner, September 24, 2004, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I suspect the NAC will hold neither in the end ... I don't see how with all the different state regulations AND schools that won't be able to play (I would be surprised if the SUNYs will be cleared to play, for example) ... plus how any will be able to travel to one another.

I honestly think it will be a surprise to see any NAC conference action at all this season. And a tournament is an even further reach, in my opinion (also based on talking to individuals in the conference).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

NAC has called off basketball season as a conference: https://www.nacathletics.com/general/2020-21/releases/20210111j43tmd

They will allow schools to conduct whatever is allowable on their own campuses or their local regions.

This really should have been the decision in early December ...
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Division III basketball season technically started nearly three months ago, but it has taken until the end of January for it to start feeling like the season is really underway. Even so, only about a quarter of the division has played just a single game. Another quarter of the division will never take to the court. And in between is wide gulf of different options.

On the first video-version of Hoopsville this season, Dave McHugh is joined by much of the D3hoops.com crew, Pat Coleman and Ryan Scott, to react to what has been one of the more unique seasons ... to say it lightly.

We react to the challenges schools are facing, what coaches are grappling with on a daily basis - especially beyond games and practices, and why schools are making so many different decisions.

We also discuss what is likely the future of this season's NCAA Championship Tournaments and, more importantly, when the decision on those tournaments will be made.

Plus, will there be a Top 25? No. Well, yes. Kind of. Tune in to learn more on what's coming. Plus a lot more including Dave spinning off Pat's thoughts on those wishing to attend games.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show by clicking on the video player above. Or you can listen to the podcast available on any of the service options in the right panel.

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

You can WATCH the show or listen to the podcast here: https://bit.ly/3oASGKl or https://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2020-21/january

Hoopsville broadcasts from the WBCA/NABC Studio. All guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

If you have questions, ideas, or want to interact with the show, feel free to send them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options available.

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3sports.com
Hoopsville Season Archive: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville

cantdothat

UMPI men and women's basketball team play their first games of the year today at 5:30pm.
Men play home vs Husson
Women play at Husson

stlawus

I know this board is pretty inactive, but does anyone have any info about the SUNY Canton vacancy?  Seems pretty late in the year to not have named a replacement yet.  I was going to have my dad get some inside info today as he had a golf tournament with someone from the athletic department but forgot to ask him.   

thebear

The local weekly paper [North Country This Week] has the ad for the SUNY Canton basketball coach. 

Pretty late to get started on this.  Season starts 4 months from today, classes start on August 25th.

Senthil didn't take any of his Canton asst coaches with him, but did hire former Hartwick player Matt Knezovic as one of his assts at Oberlin.

That's the latest update from the beautiful North Country.

"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: thebear on July 08, 2022, 11:59:09 AM
The local weekly paper [North Country This Week] has the ad for the SUNY Canton basketball coach. 

Pretty late to get started on this.  Season starts 4 months from today, classes start on August 25th.

Senthil didn't take any of his Canton asst coaches with him, but did hire former Hartwick player Matt Knezovic as one of his assts at Oberlin.

That's the latest update from the beautiful North Country.

Their HR listing doesn't have a date when it was first posted, but Shiva is still on the website and the listed salary is $37k for a 10 month obligation.  Definitely not the most attractive offering, but it's proven to be a pretty great place for a first time head coach and recruiting hasn't been too difficult, despite the geographic limitations.  I'm sure they'll find somebody good.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere