WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millie

Ralph Turner

Final McM 64, AC 49!

TIAA Charter member AC is off to the SCAC where they trade McM, HSU, HPU and MC for Trinity, Oglethorpe, Hendrix and DePauw.

thejungle

Congratulations Lady Indians!  I think with that win they have now virtually locked themselves into a bid for the big dance.  No guarantees, but with at least a semi-final trip, and that record it would be difficult for the NCAA to overlook them!

We're proud of you ladies back here in Abilene!

millie

who's next...i dont have my brackets

ccongrats to everyone

thejungle

HSU plays ETBU...The winner will play the Lady Indians tomorrow at 1:00 Central.

mcmfan

Congratulations, Lady Indians!  ...But I wouldn't expect to get into the post-season unless you also win tomorrow.  HSU won the West last year and was 19-3 overall; they won their first tournament game, but by losing the second round (to McM) they lost out on a post-season bid.  You've got to make it to Sunday if you want any more games after Sunday!!
Alacumba!

Ron Boerger

Quote from: mcmfan on February 24, 2006, 03:21:29 PM
Congratulations, Lady Indians!  ...But I wouldn't expect to get into the post-season unless you also win tomorrow.  HSU won the West last year and was 19-3 overall; they won their first tournament game, but by losing the second round (to McM) they lost out on a post-season bid.  You've got to make it to Sunday if you want any more games after Sunday!!

There are a lot more Pool C bids available this year.  But more W's mean better seeds in any case. 

finnman

etbualum

finnman

That will probably kill HSU chances of a at-large bid

dsc

Tough loss for HSU. :'(

Great win for ETBU. :)

Both teams played well...very "back and forth" game thoughout.

Sorry, Cowgirls...but you had a good season...and your fans know you'll be back next year! 8)  WE LOVE YOU!!!

Thanks for the games..."do good in school"...
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

thejungle

I disagree with an earlier post...With McM's record and with a trip to the semi's guaranteed I think they're in no-matter what...Don't forget the field has been widely expanded this year...A lot more teams will get in...With their constant high rankings, I feel they'll probably be selected no matter what.

Hopefully that won't matter...If they win tomorrow.

mcmfan

"Hopefully that won't matter...If they win tomorrow."
I second that -- better safe than sorry.
Alacumba!

Ralph Turner

UMHB is beating Miss Coll by 6 with 7 minutes left.

I reviewed the HSU-ETBU box score.  PG Sarah Hauk did not play this one either.  She might be considered the HSU MVP.

Ralph Turner

Final  UMHB 83, MissColl 74.

HPU  and UOzarks to follow.