New England Soccer Discussion

Started by Jim Matson, June 09, 2006, 12:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECSUalum

Quote from: Mr.Right on September 14, 2015, 04:59:14 PM
Keene St has taken a horrific NOSEDIVE...0-4-0 with 1 Goal in 4 games. Wheaton, MIT and Springfield is good competition but a 2-0 loss to Castleton St at home and 6-1 pounding from Springfield does not look good....Possible injuries that I do not know about but this program was one of New England's best just 6-7 years ago

Keene has a habit of looking terrible early in the season, as they started slow last year and then came on strong.  They definitely are not the team of old though, and it remains to be seen if they can come back!!  The always play ECSU tough, match being a longtime LEC Conference rivalry!

lastguyoffthebench

1. Tufts
2. Amherst
3. ECSU
4. Williams (could see Amherst and Williams flipped)
5. Brandeis (only loss to Trinity should still have them in top 5 in region)
6. Wentworth
7. WPI
8. MA-Boston
9. Middlebury
10. Curry, MIT, or Springfield

Mr.Right

Quote from: lastguyoffthebench on September 15, 2015, 08:56:07 AM

1. Tufts
2. Amherst
3. ECSU
4. Williams (could see Amherst and Williams flipped)
5. Brandeis (only loss to Trinity should still have them in top 5 in region)
6. Wentworth
7. WPI
8. MA-Boston
9. Middlebury
10. Curry, MIT, or Springfield

Very accurate.+karma

Mr.Right

Off topic but I am starting to notice a really bad trend at Westfield St since Matt Noyes left the coaching job in 2011. They usually competed in the MASCAC very well and won the league a couple times getting to the NCAA's. Granted this is a part-time job but John Evans has put NO EFFORT into recruiting. There are some good soccer players in that Western MA/ Hartford CT area and Westfield can get most kids in plus in-state tuition is low. Noyes recruited well and the program has taken a significant drop. Might be time to get some fresh blood and a eager beaver young guy to take a stab at it.

Of course after I post all this Westfield draws Trinity CT...

Corazon

Quote from: ECSUalum on September 14, 2015, 10:16:28 PM
Quote from: Mr.Right on September 14, 2015, 04:59:14 PM
Keene St has taken a horrific NOSEDIVE...0-4-0 with 1 Goal in 4 games. Wheaton, MIT and Springfield is good competition but a 2-0 loss to Castleton St at home and 6-1 pounding from Springfield does not look good....Possible injuries that I do not know about but this program was one of New England's best just 6-7 years ago

Keene has a habit of looking terrible early in the season, as they started slow last year and then came on strong.  They definitely are not the team of old though, and it remains to be seen if they can come back!!  The always play ECSU tough, match being a longtime LEC Conference rivalry!

I did not realize how poorly Keene State had started until I read these comments. I've only seen them once ever - last year vs Brandeis - and thought they were a good team.  They even almost made the NCAAs and returned almost everyone, including their big striker.  Not sure what is going on there because looking just at the scores and stats, you would think they were one of the worst teams in D3.

ECSUalum

2-1 Eastern over Albertus Magnus @ 92 min in first OT.  AM played well for first 35 min scoring first. however ECSU dominated the rest of the game 21-5 SOG, 7-0 corners for totals.

BYW that's 3 wins in 3, 4 days, which gives an indication of the Warrior fitness, backs Emmanual Caisedo, D'Ambrosio, Neuendorf and Lombardo playing 300 straight minutes!!!

Soccer Balls

Quote from: Mr.Right on September 14, 2015, 03:12:49 PM
Ainscough played for Ed Kelly(BC Head Coach) at Fairly Ridiculous University when Ed Kelly coached there.  True Then he was Kelly's assistant at BC for a couple years then got the Providence College Head coaching gig from 1996-2000 I believe. He turned that program around pretty fast but then an incident happened which caused him to resign. False-He was a part time coach and was selling insurance as well as coaching. He was offered a full time job at Bowdoin. He immediately got the Bowdoin Head Coaching gig from 2000-2005 and immediately turned them around. Bowdoin WAS VERY GOOD from 2000-2004 and had a GREAT side in 2003. He then has a couple run-ins with parents with the club he started(Seacoast) and another issue and was forced out in July 2005. False-No run ins with parents. His family (wife)wanted to move back to Boston to be closer to other family. And he did not start Seacoast. Luckily there was still an opening at Northeastern and he got the job immediately. He managed to turn that program around also and got an NCAA bid I believe in 2012.

That is why he has a shelf life of about 6-7 years at a school before he starts to wear out his welcome False. Mr Right this is the dbag post of the year. Don't post what you don't know...He does have a knack of turning programs around and is a very good coach. At Bowdoin he would be coaching every play but I think he has calmed some since then

Mr.Right

It is all true...I might have got a few minor details wrong but the major details are true...He was FIRED OR ABOUT TO BE FIRED FROM BOWDOIN...The wife might of wanted to leave but he was going to have to leave anyway...Providence was part-time you are right but that is a MINOR detail in all this.  I thought he was one of the people that started Seacoast AGAIN ANOTHER MINOR DETAIL...My MAIN points ARE ALL TRUE...Thanks for your post though

Soccer Balls

I am not going to get into a back and forth on this.
Suffice it to say that you are wrong on all accounts. I don't know where you get your information. You should be known as Mr. Wrong.
True, Ainscough has a temper, but he is an EXCELLENT coach who cares deeply for his players success both on and off the field.
Oh btw, nice result for Williams yesterday. :o ;D ;D

Mr.Right

Thanks...I actually did not lose any sleep over the Williams loss, so no worries there.

I understand the truth hurts and sometimes makes people react the way you are presently. Also, if you actually read my post I stated Ainscough turned every program around that he has been at. I also think he is an excellent coach but he gets himself into HOT WATER with his ANTICS sometimes. Just ask Ray Reid over at UCONN after they played Northeastern in the 2nd round of the NCAA's in 2012. Aisncough had such a tantrum after the game they had to call UCONN security. He is an excellent coach just has some BAGGAGE..

Since he is no longer at Bowdoin and in D3 he does not need to be mentioned on these boards and I will leave it alone now.

Mr.Right

Also,

Thanks for adding Ainscough sold insurance part-time. That gave me a chuckle picturing Ainscough selling insurance.

ECSUalum

ECSU plays Plymouth St to a 1-1 draw!  I think Plymouth goal was off a penalty kick based on the Live Stats, the game did not have  a streamed video today ???
Seemed like more that normal off sides and penalty's for Eastern today?!  PS had slight SOG advantage.  Adam Traxler's name showed up today which is a good thing.  4.5 hr bus ride to Plymouth NH always fun for a team!!  Next up Gordon College 9/22 in Wendham MA.

In UMass Boston/RIC game, RIC played short handed for most of the second half after two yellows on one of the Anchormen.  UMB looked a little lethargic in this game but dominated none the less.  Nice HD stream from RIC this afternoon as well as WConn in their 2-2 draw with UMDartmouth in Danbury and Amherst in their 1-0 win over Middlebury.  Watched these games as I watched paint dry on Plym. St Live Stats ;)

Off Pitch

Sept 22 New England rankings

1.  Tufts        5-0
2.  Amherst   5-0
3.  Brandeis   6-1
4.  Eastern Connecticut State   6-0-1
5.  UMass - Boston   6-0
6.  Wentworth    6-1
7.  Wheaton   6-2
8.  WPI          6-1-1
9.  Endicott   4-1-1
10. Babson    5-2

http://www.nscaa.com/rankings/4398/NCAADivisionIII/men/NewEngland/Poll2

Off Pitch

Quote from: Off Pitch on September 22, 2015, 01:14:54 PM
Sept 22 New England rankings

1.  Tufts        5-0
2.  Amherst   5-0
3.  Brandeis   6-1
4.  Eastern Connecticut State   6-0-1
5.  UMass - Boston   6-0
6.  Wentworth    6-1
7.  Wheaton   6-2
8.  WPI          6-1-1
9.  Endicott   4-1-1
10. Babson    5-2

http://www.nscaa.com/rankings/4398/NCAADivisionIII/men/NewEngland/Poll2

Not a Wentworth believer yet and expect them to drop out after playing Gordon and Mass-Boston this week.  Wheaton is overrated and will likely lose at WPI Saturday.  So, two of the teams below should move into the rankings next week including the winner of the Middlebury-Bowdoin game.

Other teams whose records should have warranted some consideration:
Middlebury   3-1
MIT             4-1
Bates          4-0
Springfield   6-1
Bridgewater St    5-1
Curry          8-0

Other quality teams lurking:
Bowdoin      2-2
Conn           3-2
Wesleyan    2-2
Williams      3-2
Gordon       4-2

Off Pitch

Quote from: Off Pitch on July 02, 2015, 03:27:35 PM
Babson has released their 2015 schedule - http://www.babsonathletics.com/sports/m-soccer/2015-16/schedule

Non-conference games of note:
Sept 1 -   at Eastern Conn St
Sept 6 -   Ohio Northern
Sept 12 - at Brandeis
Sept 27 - RPI
Oct 12 -   at Bowdoin
Oct 18 -   Williams

Also includes 2014 NCAA tournament participants Husson, UMass-Boston, Fitchburg St

Looking back at this, ECSU (#24 nationally), Ohio Northern (#9 Great Lakes), Brandeis (#16 nationally), RPI (#15 nationally), UMass-Boston (#5 New England), conference games against #s 7 and 8 in New England and then lesser games vs. Bowdoin and Williams.  The Babson SOS should be among the highest in the country.