MOP - Jack Flynn
Aston Francis
Adam Fravert
Cam Wiley
Zac O'Dell
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Gregory Sager

That's the logical five -- and the right MOP pick as well.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I will say I'm disappointed I spent a whole weekend here and didn't meet any of you posters who were in attendance.  Is it too hard to walk down the steps and yell at me?  I know it looks official and busy, but introductions are welcome (for future reference).  Maybe there should be a designated poster meeting place after Friday night next time?

Greek Tragedy

I actually inquired about that when I was planning on coming. I got one response from someone who wasn't coming. LOL.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

AO

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 16, 2019, 09:15:03 PM
As an outsider, IMHO, the WIAC/CCIW axis is just heads-and-shoulders better the rest of the country.

That top right bracket, all the way down to Marietta in the lower left was a whole 'nother tournament.

Congrats to UW-O.
This is the 4th time in 8 appearances that my Northwestern Eagles have played the eventual champs in the 1st or 2nd round.  If you get past the last WIAC or CCIW team remaining, you've got to feel good about your chances to win it all. 

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: AO on March 17, 2019, 12:40:18 PM
As an outsider, IMHO, the WIAC/CCIW axis is just heads-and-shoulders better the rest of the country.

That top right bracket, all the way down to Marietta in the lower left was a whole 'nother tournament.

Congrats to UW-O.
This is the 4th time in 8 appearances that my Northwestern Eagles have played the eventual champs in the 1st or 2nd round.  If you get past the last WIAC or CCIW team remaining, you've got to feel good about your chances to win it all.

Well, the axis will get split up with the expected expansion to ten regions in two years.  From everything I've heard, the WIAC will be lumped in with the MIAC, UMAC, and ARC, while the CCIW will get the HCAC, MWC, and maybe SLIAC?

I know there's proposed regions out there somewhere, but I have yet to track down an actual list.  All of this is just #gleaned from conversations.

Gregory Sager

Of course, that won't make any realistic difference in the structure of the bracket itself. It'll just make a difference in how the bracket is constructed with regard to regional rankings. If you're a team from the Twin Cities that plays in the less competitive UMAC, you're still going to have to go through MIAC, WIAC, and CCIW teams in order to get to the Final Four.

(Although, considering what's happened over the past few tourneys, UMAC teams might actually start looking forward to getting paired up with MIAC teams. ;))
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AO

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 17, 2019, 02:09:38 PM
(Although, considering what's happened over the past few tourneys, UMAC teams might actually start looking forward to getting paired up with MIAC teams. ;))
It would be fun once every few years to get sent to a place like Hope or even farther East where the games would be easier, but I'm very happy playing against great teams in front of as many of our fans as possible.  There's always something extra on the line when we're playing a MIAC power.

AllStar

Congratulations to UW-Oshkosh

ronk

I'm back from the former site of the men's Final 4(Salem Civic Center,VA) and Roanoke College's Cregger Center and the women's Final 4. Went into Roanoke's older gym(Bast Center) to see the home of former Mason-Dixon League games(pre-D3) when Catholic U and Mt. St. Mary(with NBA player Fred Carter) were conference opponents. Was expecting it to be the former home but find out looking at Roanoke's team page that they are still using it instead of the Cregger Center. What gives with that? And why is Roanoke College in Salem instead of Roanoke?

fantastic50

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 17, 2019, 01:21:49 PM

Congrats to UW-O.

Well, the axis will get split up with the expected expansion to ten regions in two years.  From everything I've heard, the WIAC will be lumped in with the MIAC, UMAC, and ARC, while the CCIW will get the HCAC, MWC, and maybe SLIAC?

I know there's proposed regions out there somewhere, but I have yet to track down an actual list.  All of this is just #gleaned from conversations.

I'm not sure that having the WIAC a region in with St. Thomas, St. John's, Nebraska Wesleyan, and Loras will be any more balanced, especially when only 6-7 teams will be ranked.

CNU85

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 17, 2019, 09:27:52 AM
I will say I'm disappointed I spent a whole weekend here and didn't meet any of you posters who were in attendance.  Is it too hard to walk down the steps and yell at me?  I know it looks official and busy, but introductions are welcome (for future reference).  Maybe there should be a designated poster meeting place after Friday night next time?

The cops stopped me from going too close to the lower levels. There was one officer a little more "into it" than the others. She even stepped onto the floor between the CNU bench and scorer's table during a timeout. I looked down at Swarthmore bench. Their officer was hanging out behind the bench. Made me chuckle a little. Maybe the CNU players had more tattoos?

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: fantastic50 on March 18, 2019, 08:57:30 AM

Congrats to UW-O.

I'm not sure that having the WIAC a region in with St. Thomas, St. John's, Nebraska Wesleyan, and Loras will be any more balanced, especially when only 6-7 teams will be ranked.

Looks like the CCIW has to fight it out with Greenville, Grinnell and Hanover.  ::)
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

fantastic50

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 18, 2019, 09:22:45 AM
Quote from: fantastic50 on March 18, 2019, 08:57:30 AM

Congrats to UW-O.

Looks like the CCIW has to fight it out with Greenville, Grinnell and Hanover.  ::)

Such a region could lead to every halfway-decent CCIW team getting regionally-ranked; the league could have easily taken the top five positions this year.  That happened with the NJAC, which routinely had the top four slots in the Atlantic regional rankings, and sometimes a 5th team (TCNJ) also ranked.  I think that weak region impacted Ramapo's at-large selection. 

(The OAC frequently had five ranked, but that was a deeper league, with #5 seed Baldwin-Wallace winning the OAC tourney and nearly advancing out of the Oswego pod in the NCAAs.)