10.W&L

FIRST TEAM
ADAIR(POY),WANSLEY,SAGER,FITCH,SUMPTER

SECOND TEAM
ARRINGTON,HAWLEY,MICHAEL,BALENGA,LAWHORN

HONORABLE MENTION
PREHMUS,PARKES,WHITING,TUCKER,REASBECK

6TH MAN
Whoever is VWC's sixth man. could be Fantin or Sumpter.

Breakout player
Whiting,Fantin,Laporte,Tucker,Glover

Stan Bright

It's too early to pick 'em for me. I need to wait and hear a little bit about who enrolls, etc. However, I will repeat something I said earlier in the summer...HSC is my sleeper (Algernon...where are you?) plus, NEVER count out Guilford no matter who leaves. This coach can and will find the players.
JWW - Thanks for the compliment? but when you put my name in the same sentence as Loesel and Steely I'm afraid you are not showing the proper respect to our elders!

Scottie Too Hottie

I think Coach Bright wins the award for most intelligent basketball personality on the ODAC board.

Ashby,
I was just joking with that comment about the rankings. I know you aren't much of a fan of LC and especially not one of the seniors we had on the team last year (at elast that's what I heard), but I won't drop any names. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

eagleslam

Stan...

H-SC is your "sleeper team"?  How is it that a team returns all but two contributors, have a year's more experience, and have a good group of freshmen coming in, be a "sleeper"?  

Everyone who has taken the jump into predictions here has them 3rd or 4th.  I would have them 3rd, and maybe even 2nd.  And the one who has them 4th has EMU ahead of them.  The same EMU team who folded like a cheap tent at the end of last year, after so many people here thought they were the real deal.  I agree with Ashby in that teams probably overlooked them early in the year.  That is a "sleeper" team.  Someone you overlook.  Who is going to be dumb enough to overlook H-SC?

Scottie Too Hottie

LC is the sleeper team this year. W&L will be too. How do you expect teams NOT to overlook them next year?? Coaches can tell their players all they want to not overlook them, but you know that if your VWC and you are playing W&L on a Wednesday, for example, and then Macon on the following Saturday that you will be overlooking W&L. I mean, they still won't be good, but a sleeper team at least at the beginning of the year.

the sleeper

Everyone is making VWC look like its a basic lock for the ODAC title most of ya'll have predicted them to win the ODAC title. If not them RMC. Remember VWC has a tendency to lose a couple of games in the middle of the season after they start so well. What they did this year from the previous years is they pick up their winning mentality again. HERE MY PREDICTIONS FOR THIS YEAR: Lets wait till february to see who wins because like last year the ODAC is wide open again with many teams not really losing anyone. Remember Guilford beat Macon twice last year. Beat VWC once and had the lead going to the half vs. VWC IN THE ODAC tourney.Had a freshmen Let down i feel in the second half. Experience got the best of them. HSC beat VWC at VWC too so there beatable. So no one should give VWC or RMC  the title yet. Only time will tell.

eagleslam

Scottie...

How can LC be your sleeper team?  You have you all 5th, and defended that by saying two starters were injured, and that they are healthy now.  You have one guy on your 2nd team and THREE Hornet players as your potential "Breakthrough Season" guys.

If you want LC to be a sleeper team, fine.  But don't rant and rave about the team and then say teams will overlook you guys.  If the Hornets are as good as you say, no one will be overlooking them.

Scottie Too Hottie

EagleSlam,
They are my sleeper team because just about everyone has put them 8th or lower. Being a sleeper team involves more than just being overlooked. You could be ranked the preseason #5 team in the conference but could finish #1 or 2 in the conference or even win the tournament and could be a sleeper team (i.e. Hampden Sydney in baseball this past season). Teams certainly didn't overlook them in the ODAC and NCAA Tournament and they ended up in the college world series. I also would like to reference Guilford. They finished tied for 6th in the conference and upset #3 seed Bridgewater in the first round. Many people, including diehardfan, were considering them a sleeper team in the tournament, and I don't think Bridgewater overlooked them in the first round. We also nearly pulled out the upset again this year in the ODAC Tournament, and we sure as hell know Macon wasn't overlooking us this year.

John W. Warren

Coach Bright - Mr. Loesel and Mr. Steely are indeed esteemed long-time members of this august posting body and we owe them a great deal.  

TS - I'm still picking VWC to sweep. I don't see them collapsing mid-season like they did last year. I do see them winning more games in a convincing manner.

algernon

EagleSlam ... Please tell us more about which two contributors are leaving H-SC this year.  I'm only aware of A.J.

What do you know about the freshmen coming in to join the Tigers?

Last year's Tigers almost made it to the title game, going 11-3 over the last 14 games, despite a real lack of experience on the floor.  I expect them to be in the thick of competition for the ODAC championship along with the Marlins, Yellow Jackets, and Quakers.

Scottie Too Hottie

Algernon,
I think he is referring to Bill Taylor. He was the only senior on the team at the end of the season, although he rarely ever got into a game.

the sleeper

Scottie  

Guilford did not upset Bridgewater, they beat them soundly. I know in peoples eyes it was an upset because of the seedings but seedings don't matter in the ODAC. Like I said again i can not wait till Nov. when the season starts and see how the standings will be in Feburary.

So what do you think will be the game of the year this year in the ODAC? I am guessing it will be the Guilford-RMC game in ASHLAND.

Scottie Too Hottie

Sleeper,
Along with that game, the usual pick: RMC vs. HSC, with the addition of VWC vs RMC and HSC. Also, any game LC plays in, especially the Liberty University game where LU is going down. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

John W. Warren

Not too long ago, the expectation was that every time VWC beat RMC or HSC it was an upset! I think the shoe's on the other foot for the 05/06 season. At least, that's my expectation.