FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retired Old Rat and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

MadRedFan

Quote from: DuffMan on August 14, 2018, 10:19:31 PM
Quote from: faunch on August 14, 2018, 09:58:43 PM
How does a tight end the size of Streit only catch 12 balls last season????

Didn't he get hurt last season?

Well, you know, not to beat a dead horse, but same offense that resulted in Evan Clark only getting 29 catches in 10 games last year.  Streit played in all 11 games according to the stats.  Kai Barber and Dusty Krueger had more catches than Streit ::).

Would be interesting to know how many times Streit was "targeted".

But that's water under the bridge.  Onward and upward this year!!

Tom Thumb

Quote from: jamtoTommie on August 14, 2018, 11:43:53 AM
Quote from: MiacMan on August 14, 2018, 11:25:08 AM
Quote from: jamtoTommie on August 14, 2018, 11:10:35 AM
The official link has not been changed, but the 2018 roster is out:
https://www.tommiesports.com/sports/fball/2018-19/roster?sort=position

Confirms Dowdle to LB. I'm looking to see if there are any other notable changes and at some point I will compare this to the key positions review I did at the end of last year.

That roster appears to be just the returning players. I don't see any of the new Freshmen or Transfers on it.

Yeah. I noticed that as I was partway through my review. Also saw Elijah Rice listed as DL again. He was listed that way last year also but was All-Conference OL.

Looks like they've made some updates to the roster since earlier this morning. A few quick notes:

-Peder Olson was moved to the DL. He looked pretty good towards the end of last season at LB behind Harrell.
-Matt Mitchell was moved back to LB, likely inside next to Brant.
-Greg Bogdanski moved from TE to LB.
-Dowdle to LB. Dowdle is a playmaker. He'll be fun to watch coming off the edge.
-Anthony De Feo is listed as 6'8" 343 pounds...
-Joe Hird moved to WR.
-Tommy Loeffler moved to WR.
-High school QBs Connor Souba, JayZee Brown, and Bobby Murray were all moved to either DB or WR.
-There's another Guggemos on the roster.

I'm not sure who will play opposite of Franzese this season. If I had to guess, maybe Petersmeyer or Sam Gerrety?

jamtod

Quote from: Tom Thumb on August 15, 2018, 01:05:19 AM
Looks like they've made some updates to the roster since earlier this morning. A few quick notes:

-Peder Olson was moved to the DL. He looked pretty good towards the end of last season at LB behind Harrell.
-Dowdle to LB. Dowdle is a playmaker. He'll be fun to watch coming off the edge.
-Joe Hird moved to WR.
-High school QBs Connor Souba, JayZee Brown, and Bobby Murray were all moved to either DB or WR.

I'm not sure who will play opposite of Franzese this season. If I had to guess, maybe Petersmeyer or Sam Gerrety?

A few additional: Rice is listed at OL now. I think Hird was listed as WR last year but showed promise at DB. Same for Loeffler and RB.
Another Pallini on roster at LB.
Most notable non-returner that I saw was Keeshawn Aleksuk who showed some promise last year at RB/LB
What's the significance for Bogdanski? He's a FR?

MiacMan

Quote from: DuffMan on August 14, 2018, 10:19:31 PM
Quote from: faunch on August 14, 2018, 09:58:43 PM
How does a tight end the size of Streit only catch 12 balls last season????

Didn't he get hurt last season?

Jimmy tried but between Streit's drops and Clark not being able to get open, his hands were tied. Luckily for you SJ2er's he was able to adjust to the mighty "into the boundary" swing pass to Barber and Krueger. Hopefully, Heckendorf learned that adjustment.  ;D

DuffMan

Quote from: MiacMan on August 15, 2018, 08:57:14 AM
...Streit's drops...

Yeah, I recall a fair amount of dropped balls thrown to him, as well.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

jamtod

Quote from: jamtoTommie on August 15, 2018, 04:15:56 AM

-Joe Hird moved to WR.

A few additional: Rice is listed at OL now. I think Hird was listed as WR last year but showed promise at DB. Same for Loeffler and RB.
Most notable non-returner that I saw was Keeshawn Aleksuk who showed some promise last year at RB/LB

I also just noticed that Robert Petitjean, the Punter isn't back. We didn't use him a ton, but I don't see a single Punter listed on the roster.

art76

Quote from: jamtoTommie on August 15, 2018, 09:09:21 AM
I also just noticed that Robert Petitjean, the Punter isn't back. We didn't use him a ton, but I don't see a single Punter listed on the roster.

Any married punters on the list? ;D
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

jamtod

Quote from: art76 on August 15, 2018, 09:14:03 AM

Any married punters on the list? ;D

+k ;D ;D

Tom Thumb

Quote from: jamtoTommie on August 15, 2018, 04:15:56 AM

-Joe Hird moved to WR.

Bogdanski took a medical redshirt last season. He was a pretty big recruit coming in from St. Francis High School down in Illinois. I wouldn't be surprised if he played a little with the second string. Plus, he's just a really good dude and probably the reason DeFeo transferred to UST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbxHD-gJf7c

jamtod

Quote from: Tom Thumb on August 15, 2018, 09:38:29 AM
Bogdanski took a medical redshirt last season. He was a pretty big recruit coming in from St. Francis High School down in Illinois. I wouldn't be surprised if he played a little with the second string. Plus, he's just a really good dude and probably the reason DeFeo transferred to UST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbxHD-gJf7c

Thanks for sharing. Seems like a couple of potential difference makers. I had forgotten that Lepsche had been at St Francis. And looking at Olaf's coaching staff, I see Austin Jochum on staff there. Interesting. Somebody needs to teach him how to tie a tie for a formal picture.

MUC57

art76

I also slipped in a +k for your "married punters" comment. Classic! ☠🏈👍😀🍺
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

OzJohnnie

Caruso plans to stunt every punting situation and all the punters left football for the tiddly-winks team?  They are a strange breed.
[  

jamtod

Quote from: OzJohnnie on August 15, 2018, 04:08:19 PM

Caruso plans to stunt every punting situation and all the punters left football for the tiddly-winks team?  They are a strange breed.

I would love to see an in-depth analysis of the punting situation. Perra's average yards per punt was significantly higher than our traditional punter (6 yards or so). I imagine the net was even more of a gap as the QB punts are typically not returned. Obviously, this is situational, but I could imagine us moving away from a traditional punt formation entirely, or just use Perra out of a punt formation.

Petitjean had a lot more action punting than we've had in previous years. Some of our past punters got significant run at other positions too though and we've got several guys with punting experience at various spots.

MUC57

jamtoTommie

Mount Union doesn't have any punters on the team. Don't need them. If you score every time you have the ball, what use is a punter? We did have one in '96. Don't think he ever played!

OK! You guys that know me know I am just screwing around. I just thought it would be fun to come off arrogant as hell. The punter has always played an important role. Our guy from last year graduated. Hope we can find a new one. Hope you all can as well.

Forgive me for my little fun. I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things!

In the meantime, Go Everybody!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

DuffMan

My SJU tickets arrived today.  The season is upon us!

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003