FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChucker

Quote from: gbpuckfan on April 24, 2019, 01:58:14 PM
Not entirely related but interesting in this context:

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (Blugolds.com) – The New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) announced on today that the State University of New York at Oneonta, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, UW-La Crosse and UW-Whitewater will join the conference as affiliate members in the sport of men's tennis beginning in the 2019-20 academic year. With the additions, the NJAC will feature eight men's tennis sponsoring institutions in 2019-20, including four full-member programs in Ramapo College, Rutgers University-Camden, Rutgers University-Newark, and The College of New Jersey in addition to the four new affiliate member programs.

Weird that tennis isn't a mens sport in the WIAC. Must be a Title IX balancing act. It is is a womens sport.

Gregory Sager

Not that weird, actually. Those are the only three WIAC schools that have men's tennis programs.

The WIAC also doesn't sponsor men's golf (only two programs, UWEC and UW-Stout), men's soccer (only two programs, UW-Platteville and UW-Whitewater -- UW-Oshkosh scrapped its highly-successful men's soccer program a few years ago, probably the only time in NCAA history that a school has eliminated a program that had reached the Final Four four times), or men's volleyball (zero programs), while sponsoring the women's version of all three of those sports.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

SJUrube

Made it over for the 2nd game of the SJU at UST doubleheader yesterday, which was an SJU sweep. Two impact SJU football players, Max Jackson and Tommy Auger, have been key contributors on the baseball diamond too. Kai Barber is another football player having a strong spring season as he currently sits in the top 10 of DIII in the shot put. I hope SJU continues to find guys like this that can contribute across multiple sports. For my money this is one of the things that makes DIII different and enjoyable.

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

OzJohnnie

I went to the ANZAC service this morning in little Tewantin, Queensland.  It was quite a good ceremony that started with a parade which had quite a few old diggers in it, plus new vets as well.

Lest we forget.
[  

hazzben

Don't want to forget Oz, but I feel like your post was written in code ???

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on April 24, 2019, 08:52:25 PM
I went to the ANZAC service this morning in little Tewantin, Queensland.  It was quite a good ceremony that started with a parade which had quite a few old diggers in it, plus new vets as well.

Lest we forget.
Lest we forget indeed!

Oz:
Are you also mourning the closing of 'Handsome Her'?   :)

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: 57Johnnie on April 25, 2019, 02:32:40 PM
Oz:
Are you also mourning the closing of 'Handsome Her'?   :)

I read about that the other day.  Yeah, I'm heartbroken.  It's getting really hard to find good vegan, man-hating, self-righteous cafe's anymore, you know?
[  

MUC57

OzJohnnie and 57Johnnie

What the hell are you guys talking about? Remember, I live in a small town in Ohio. Help!  ???  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

jknezek

Quote from: MUC57 on April 25, 2019, 04:35:09 PM

OzJohnnie and 57Johnnie

What the hell are you guys talking about? Remember, I live in a small town in Ohio. Help!  ???  ;D

ANZAC were the Australian and New Zealand force designation from the various military actions from WWI onward.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: jknezek on April 25, 2019, 04:38:19 PM

OzJohnnie and 57Johnnie

ANZAC were the Australian and New Zealand force designation from the various military actions from WWI onward.

Yeah, sorry. ANZAC is the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp.  The corp first formed and fought at Gallipoli in WWI.  Every April 25th is ANZAC day which had dawn services and parades later in the day with old (and new) diggers forming a parade to start it all.  Digger is slang for an Aussie soldier.  The last Gallipoli digger died in 1997 so we're on to WWII diggers now getting pushed in wheelchairs by their grandchildren (and great grandchildren) up the parade.

If any country were to declare war on Australia the worst time is the two weeks after ANZAC day.  Everyone would be prepped to enlist.  The best time is September when everyone is ready to watch the footy finals and couldn't be bothered with any other stuff.
[  

MUC57

jknezek and OzJohnnie

Thanks guys. Always enjoy reading posts from both of you guys - as long as I understand them. Thanks again and Go Everybody!  ;D 🍺   :o

57Johnnie

OzJohnnie and 57Johnnie

57:
As a result of: tectonic plate shift, the earth tilt of 23.5 degrees, the differences in sheep husbandry, the language barrier and politics, the Aussies and Kiwis celebrate Armistice Day in April.   :D
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

hazzben

Quote from: OzJohnnie on April 25, 2019, 05:35:02 PM
Quote from: jknezek on April 25, 2019, 04:38:19 PM

OzJohnnie and 57Johnnie

Yeah, sorry. ANZAC is the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp.  The corp first formed and fought at Gallipoli in WWI.  Every April 25th is ANZAC day which had dawn services and parades later in the day with old (and new) diggers forming a parade to start it all.  Digger is slang for an Aussie soldier.  The last Gallipoli digger died in 1997 so we're on to WWII diggers now getting pushed in wheelchairs by their grandchildren (and great grandchildren) up the parade.

If any country were to declare war on Australia the worst time is the two weeks after ANZAC day.  Everyone would be prepped to enlist.  The best time is September when everyone is ready to watch the footy finals and couldn't be bothered with any other stuff.

Note to self, move scheduled invasion of Australia from next week to September. In the meantime, send them a bunch of cherry blossom trees as a sign of future peace and goodwill.  8-)

MUC57

Quote from: 57Johnnie on April 26, 2019, 10:07:33 AM

OzJohnnie and 57Johnnie

57:
As a result of: tectonic plate shift, the earth tilt of 23.5 degrees, the differences in sheep husbandry, the language barrier and politics, the Aussies and Kiwis celebrate Armistice Day in April.   :D

Thanks. You sure do know stuff.  ;D 🍺