FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

Always nice to see Linfield in the playoffs. I WILL wear my Linfield sweatshirt this week - thanks to Coco and Mrs. Coco.
Go 'Cats!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

D O.C.

George Thompson

Quote from: D O.C. on November 17, 2019, 10:00:03 PM
Are you thinking how that A game would fair in 6 inch snow flurries in Collegeville yet, George?

Not at all; must beat Chapman first.    Won't be easy.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

George Thompson

Quote from: d-train on November 17, 2019, 10:13:59 PM
7 point 'dog?  No respect I tell ya.

It is not disrespect.   Just reality.    The home field is the 7 points.    Can Linfield win?    You bet!     But, based on 9 games, we are the underdog.    It appears the NCAA seeded us 7th in the Wheaton bracket.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

olddog

Quote from: George Thompson on November 18, 2019, 12:06:10 PM

It is not disrespect.   Just reality.    The home field is the 7 points.    Can Linfield win?    You bet!     But, based on 9 games, we are the underdog.    It appears the NCAA seeded us 7th in the Wheaton bracket.

GT

How can a third place team not be an under dog to the champ?
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Andy Jamison

Great season by the Cats to go 8-1 with a very difficult first month with two long road trips back to back and no home games until November... The NWC as a whole is down and week to week it is odd.. LC handled Pacific, UPS, Willamette, Lewis & Clark with zero issues but struggled in the first half against PLU, all game vs Fox, and parts of the game vs Whitworth.  There hasn't been a good 4 quarter game versus a decent opponent... but UPS wasn't bad against other conference teams and got destroyed by us so I just don't know...

We do get every teams best effort which makes  a difference.

Being down two of our top 4 receivers won't help with Togerson and Wood likely out.  Need people to step up.  We also need guys to play disciplined football and quit the yapping and posturing... I so wish that the officials would simply throw a flag for unsportsmanlike behavior each time a coach or player stepped over the line.  Coach Smith should get a penalty damn near every game and one day his behavior is going to bite us in the butt with a 15 yarder. 

His being undisciplined leads to players being the same way as they are modeling his behavior.  We had a player block a guy in the back which for some reason wasn't called and then on the next punt return got in a Fox players face and taunted him.  Both time not a coach said anything to the player... We need to get back to the day of letting our play speak and let the other team do all the bush league stuff. 

D O.C.

For fans traveling to see Saturday's game let me try to lighten the parking problem....
There is parking under the field accessible off Palm Avenue.
Most streets are permit parking.
I'm going to see if Orange HS has their lot open.
200 yards from the visitors stands.

olddog

Quote from: D O.C. on November 18, 2019, 02:20:46 PM
For fans traveling to see Saturday's game let me try to lighten the parking problem....

DOC plenty of parking under the stadium...The real trick is tickets, CU sets up a table and uses your old PC to print the tickets out. A line of 10 people in front of you could take 15 minutes for the tickets to print. Their are two lines, open and lists..a minor pain, great site lines from the visitor side and very comfortable seats. LF fans if you missed the Cat Dome, bring an ice pack to sit on, welcome...
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

d-train

Quote from: olddog on November 18, 2019, 01:46:01 PM
Quote from: George Thompson on November 18, 2019, 12:06:10 PM

GT

How can a third place team not be an under dog to the champ?

I can see Chapman as the slight favorite. But I'm also happy to put my money on the Wildcats if anyone is offering 7 points.

d-train

CalCat

Quote from: d-train on November 18, 2019, 03:21:41 PM
Quote from: Andy Jamison on November 18, 2019, 02:17:53 PM
and no home games until November...

That would really suck  ;)

Homecoming was on October 12th and l was there...l thought l was at the Catdome ...
CalCat

d-train

Yup, I'm sure he meant October. First 3 games were away, which is unusual.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: olddog on November 18, 2019, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: D O.C. on November 18, 2019, 02:20:46 PM

DOC plenty of parking under the stadium...The real trick is tickets, CU sets up a table and uses your old PC to print the tickets out. A line of 10 people in front of you could take 15 minutes for the tickets to print. Their are two lines, open and lists..a minor pain, great site lines from the visitor side and very comfortable seats. LF fans if you missed the Cat Dome, bring an ice pack to sit on, welcome...
Last time we played Chapman I think I was able to purchase a ticket online ahead of time and skip the line---looks like this is still an option:

https://tickets.chapman.edu/Online/seatSelect.asp
Go Cats!

George Thompson

Quote from: Andy Jamison on November 18, 2019, 02:17:53 PM
Great season by the Cats to go 8-1 with a very difficult first month with two long road trips back to back and no home games until November... The NWC as a whole is down and week to week it is odd.. LC handled Pacific, UPS, Willamette, Lewis & Clark with zero issues but struggled in the first half against PLU, all game vs Fox, and parts of the game vs Whitworth.  There hasn't been a good 4 quarter game versus a decent opponent... but UPS wasn't bad against other conference teams and got destroyed by us so I just don't know...

We do get every teams best effort which makes  a difference.

Being down two of our top 4 receivers won't help with Togerson and Wood likely out.  Need people to step up.  We also need guys to play disciplined football and quit the yapping and posturing... I so wish that the officials would simply throw a flag for unsportsmanlike behavior each time a coach or player stepped over the line.  Coach Smith should get a penalty damn near every game and one day his behavior is going to bite us in the butt with a 15 yarder. 

His being undisciplined leads to players being the same way as they are modeling his behavior.  We had a player block a guy in the back which for some reason wasn't called and then on the next punt return got in a Fox players face and taunted him.  Both time not a coach said anything to the player... We need to get back to the day of letting our play speak and let the other team do all the bush league stuff.

Andy, spot on.   100% agreement.   Too many penalties!!!   In the playoffs that can be a big mistake.   I know we play aggressive football, but sometimes it is over the line.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

bluenote

I'm looking forward to the game vs Chapman..... they have proved be a great team this year. If we can beat them it would be a great accomplishment for our young Linfield team.... GO CATS!