FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UfanBill

You are correct Union2000. A liitle research reveals that Cascione spent the 2014 season sitting the bench at Sacred Heart University before he found his way to Union. The confusion stems from him being cited in the wrong class on Union's roster ...2015(fr)2016(soph)and 2017(jr). I should have known he was done since he did participate in last season's Senior Day.  >:(
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

dlippiel

dlip knew there was something funky with Cascione's eligibility but for some reason thought he was coming back. Well, the Bellemy/Germinerio competition should be great to watch. The door is open for both. Who will take it? dlip's guess is Bellemy, the kid is very talented IDHO. Competition is a great thing. Thanks for the info fellas.

dlippiel

Congrats to RPI on coming in at #25 in the d3football.com preseason poll. dlip believes the Engineers earned this ranking with the excellent play at the end of last season. dlip feels Marionopolous is one of the top LL players to watch. It will be interesting to see what the Engineers put together this coming season.

Bartman

Congrats to RPI on#25 Pre season Ranking , as the Engineers certainly deserve kudos for last years LL title and strong showing in the playoffs. Looks like they have their offense back from last year but some key losses on defense with 6 Seniors lost to graduation. Hobart seemed to have solved the Engineers last year with a 30-0 win, but that will probably motivate the Engineers in 2018 with the game in Troy. Despite the ranking, I still think that Ithaca may have the edge going into the season with Union and Hobart in the mix for the title. Last year Hobart  was ranked #14 in the preseason poll , which is usually a hangover from the previous season results, so it will be interesting to see how the teams develop during the year. I think this will be a very competitive season.Just a few weeks to the openers with the Statesmen measuring themselves against #6 Brockport in week one.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

ITH radio

RPI is bringing back 7 starters on defense according to Coach RI.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bartman

Quote from: ITH radio on July 15, 2018, 03:00:44 PM
RPI is bringing back 7 starters on defense according to Coach RI.
RPI started 6 Seniors on defense in 9 of 11 games last year losing their top two tacklers, two best DBs(11 Ints) and stalwart DL  Malik Joseph to graduation. While it looks like they have decent experience coming into the season, they definitely have some key holes to fill on defense.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

ITH radio

Actually one of those DBs is coming back. You'll have to order Kickoff to find out ;)
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

fisheralum91

Quote from: Oline79 on July 06, 2018, 06:01:44 PM
Quote from: thewaterboy on July 06, 2018, 05:18:35 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on July 06, 2018, 12:09:17 PM
Online79

Malone is a Dll Quaker school from Canton, Ohio. Just up the road from Mount Union. Was NAIA UNTIL several years ago. Good luck on the season. ☠🏈

With apologies to any Quakers that may see this, they aren't very good. They lose more than they win. Refused in the past to play Mount. Don't be concerned just because they are D2. 😀
Malone has also refused to play Wesley. Walsh is also another Ohio team that has said no (after being beaten in 2011).
I wasn't too concerned about SJF playing a D2 team, I was actually more upset that they couldn't schedule a game against a LL opponent.  Both Union and Hobart had open dates.

Im confused --- I look at the schedule on D3.com and Malone is on the Fisher sched.  On the Fisher site- it shows open date

As it stands now per Fisher- they open against W&J then a 2 week lapse before Ithaca and then Brockport.....Yikes!

jknezek

Malone has 9/15 open, but they have 10 games on the rest of the schedule. I'm thinking that game got cancelled for some reason. https://www.malonepioneers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=133&path=football

fisheralum91

Ok- if that is the case- then why does Fisher not schedule another game?

A LL opponent perhaps?

jknezek

Quote from: fisheralum91 on July 16, 2018, 04:00:24 PM

A LL opponent perhaps?

No idea.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: jknezek on July 16, 2018, 03:51:41 PM
Malone has 9/15 open, but they have 10 games on the rest of the schedule. I'm thinking that game got cancelled for some reason. https://www.malonepioneers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=133&path=football

Too bad.  That would have been an interesting game.  Malone is a bad D2 program located in Canton, OH near Mount.  SJF of old would have beaten Malone easily.  I'm not sure what the 2018 Cards are anticipated to look like, but at worst it would have been competitive.

UfanBill

A LL opponent perhaps?
Seriously?...You do understand that schedules have been solidified for months now. Any additions would be very hard to schedule since you would have to find another team with the corresponding open date.   NO Liberty League team has an opening on Sept. 15th though Hobart, Union and RPI all currently have only nine games scheduled. A SJF vs Hobart game could have worked on 9/15 but the Statesmen scheduled Shenandoah instead. Who says the Malone vs SJF game is off? Since Malone is a D2 team it may very well have an 11th game on their schedule. All of the other members of their league, the Great Midwest Athletic Conference, are playing 11. 
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Oline89

Quote from: UfanBill on July 16, 2018, 06:03:03 PM

A LL opponent perhaps?
Seriously?...You do understand that schedules have been solidified for months now. Any additions would be very hard to schedule since you would have to find another team with the corresponding open date.   NO Liberty League team has an opening on Sept. 15th though Hobart, Union and RPI all currently have only nine games scheduled. A SJF vs Hobart game could have worked on 9/15 but the Statesmen scheduled Shenandoah instead. Who says the Malone vs SJF game is off? Since Malone is a D2 team it may very well have an 11th game on their schedule. All of the other members of their league, the Great Midwest Athletic Conference, are playing 11.

For the previous 6 months I had been hoping that SJF/Hobart/Union could have figured out a solution to the 9 game schedule.  As all Hobart fans have now accepted, we actually have a Homecoming/Parents weekend with no football game! At this point the schedules are set in stone.  The silver lining for Hobart may be that they have a bye week before both Ithaca and Union, two revenge games from last season.

UfanBill

Quote from: Oline79 on July 16, 2018, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: UfanBill on July 16, 2018, 06:03:03 PM

A LL opponent perhaps?

For the previous 6 months I had been hoping that SJF/Hobart/Union could have figured out a solution to the 9 game schedule.  As all Hobart fans have now accepted, we actually have a Homecoming/Parents weekend with no football game! At this point the schedules are set in stone.  The silver lining for Hobart may be that they have a bye week before both Ithaca and Union, two revenge games from last season.
I agree that it's ridiculous for Hobart to not have a home football game on Homecoming. I remember some months ago when this topic was being discussed on this board. At that time Union and Hobart had not set the date for their LL contest. They had three mutual open dates 9/29, 10/6 and 10/27. It seemed like a NO BRAINER that 9/29 would be chosen meaning Union would be the homecoming opponent but NO they chose 10/6. Maybe Union refused to play Hobart on homecoming? In retrospect if they'd chosen 9/29 both schools may have had better luck finding a 10th game opponent on 10/6. I suppose the game could still be rescheduled for 9/29 but I don't expect that to happen. As I've said before, if only the ADs and HCs read this board we'd have it all squared away.