D3 Soccer Coach Framed for Murder

Started by Saint of Old, July 29, 2015, 07:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3d3d3

Could not stop watching this over the weekend. Astonishing, really, that it took five years for the coach to clear himself. By then his life had been ruined. Fascinating documentary.

blooter442

Jarring, compelling watch. Found myself seething the whole time at the DA.

Quote from: d3d3d3 on July 29, 2019, 12:24:17 PM
Could not stop watching this over the weekend. Astonishing, really, that it took five years for the coach to clear himself. By then his life had been ruined. Fascinating documentary.

That's what I was thinking — people wrongfully charged (or convicted) get acquitted, but by then the damage is done: to their reputation and livelihood. I remember seeing a documentary about a guy in Newfoundland who was acquitted (on appeal) 11 years after he was found guilty of his wife's murder, and I think the Province had to pay him $750,000 (CAD) but it did not give him the 11 years he spent behind bars (while his kids grew up) back.

In Hillary's case, the killer is still at large. Nobody wins, but it is good to know that Hillary got at least a sliver of justice.

Saint of Old

Puts this entire thing of ours into perspective.
This thing we have is not just kicking around a soccer ball etc...
It is making life long friendships that are there (just in case you get framed) to assist you.
Saints/Cardinals/Ephs we stick together...
They did not take on Hillary ... They took on a brotherhood of hundreds.

Ommadawn

Saint, I appreciate the regular updates you have provided on this case and admire the dedication and devotion you have displayed toward your fellow SLU alum.  Thank you.

truenorth

I made the time to watch this...and the entire police office interview scene is incredibly unsettling.  I take it there's a Part 2...is that available yet?

I was also struck by the level headedness and solidity of the assistant coach.  He comported himself so well while being questioned under baffling circumstances.