FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 08, 2018, 10:46:32 PM
Quote from: umhbalum on December 08, 2018, 10:29:15 PM
I received an email from the Alumni mailing list that said we were home team. I purchase 4 tickets on the home side.

If they do it by seeds (the usual way), UMU should be the home team, being the defending champs.  (About 7-8 years ago they added a new 'tie-breaker' for seeding of undefeated teams: performance in the previous season's playoffs.)

It's not by seeding -- it's by "which fan base will look best opposite the cameras on ESPN." UMHB is the home team, though I was told at the game that they will be seated on the visitors side for those purposes.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D O.C.

Let's discuss the NCAA and ESPN  in a positive way, sometimes kidding each with no disrespect.   ;)

edward de vere

Okay, I know funny and that's funny.

:)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 08, 2018, 11:55:07 PM
I received an email from the Alumni mailing list that said we were home team. I purchase 4 tickets on the home side.

If they do it by seeds (the usual way), UMU should be the home team, being the defending champs.  (About 7-8 years ago they added a new 'tie-breaker' for seeding of undefeated teams: performance in the previous season's playoffs.)

It's not by seeding -- it's by "which fan base will look best opposite the cameras on ESPN." UMHB is the home team, though I was told at the game that they will be seated on the visitors side for those purposes.
Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 08, 2018, 11:55:07 PM
Quote from: edward de vere on December 09, 2018, 01:42:49 AM
Okay, I know funny and that's funny.

Reading those 3 posts in sequence is funny!
:)  +1 to all!

DFWCrufan

Okay so we can say some things now this deep into the season. St. Johns...growing titan and possibly (if things hold) a new addition to the purple powers group, only red... UW-W is back, had a bit of a rest, did some spring cleaning and the Warhawks are back into the purple group clan, welcome home, just don't play us anymore.. :) HSU is the real deal, a solid program and who knows going forward. I like Berry, though things looked disappointing they stuck with the game and possibly could be the big dog in the south in the future.
I am the fam are trying to get to Shenandoah, schedules are dicey but I hope to be there, yelling for the Cru.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

MUC57

Congrats to the Cru of UMHB. Not really a surprise. I said back in September that Mount and UMHB would return to the Stagg Bowl. OK, I won't take credit for my prognostication since most people said the same thing. I spent the season, besides following the Raiders, watching and listening for news out of Belton. Never liked what I heard. I heard about the usual Cru stingy defense, the total blowouts and domination of their opponents. Never got that warm feeling about the possibility of playing UMHB, especially in Texas.
But, we meet again. Both teams have had injuries to key players, the price of a season of football. I hope all, on both teams, are back at full strength. Look forward to a hard fought, close game (maybe like 2017?). I hope Mount wins, but let the better team take home the trophy.   ;D :o
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

retagent

Cru TD is #9 on ESPN's Plays O' The Day or whatever they call it.

badgerwarhawk

Congratulations and good luck.  You have a really good team. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

MUC57

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on December 09, 2018, 11:18:34 AM
Congratulations and good luck.  You have a really good team.

And so do you. Nice to see you guys back. Good luck next year. Go Warhawks!  ;D

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

MUC57

Quote from: DFWCrufan on December 09, 2018, 03:34:03 PM
Hey Crunatics! Here is the outline for Bowl Day.... https://go.umhb.edu/stagg-bowl

Wow! Looked at your outline for Bowl Day. Sounds really exciting. Makes me "almost" wish I were a Cru fan. But I'm not. So, best to both teams and Go Raiders! (Your plans sure do look like a lot of fun. Hope y'all have a good time. Well, up until the game starts.)  ;D

D O.C.

Nit picking... on the De'Nerian high wire TD I definitely saw him attempt a hurdle.  I thought Bruenig straightened up underneath him and launched him higher and upside-down into the end zone. ( I only watched it live )
Anyone else?

bleedpurple

Congratulations on your win yesterday CRU. Enjoyed visiting your stadium (other than the results of the game). Good luck in the Stagg Bowl.

bleedpurple

Quote from: D O.C. on December 09, 2018, 05:33:30 PM
Nit picking... on the De'Nerian high wire TD I definitely saw him attempt a hurdle.  I thought Bruenig straightened up underneath him and launched him higher and upside-down into the end zone. ( I only watched it live )
Anyone else?

That's definitely what happened. It also looks like he might have gotten an assist from Miller (#4). It looked like Miller might have pushed DeNarian toward the end zone as he was being flipped. If he did, that would be an incredible job of thinking  on the spot.

Toby Taff

Quote from: bleedpurple on December 10, 2018, 12:22:59 AM
Quote from: D O.C. on December 09, 2018, 05:33:30 PM
Anyone else?

That's definitely what happened. It also looks like he might have gotten an assist from Miller (#4). It looked like Miller might have pushed DeNarian toward the end zone as he was being flipped. If he did, that would be an incredible job of thinking  on the spot.
Just watched it again. DT cuts and dives to his left over the UWW player, who stands up and flips DT. Sims (#4) is blocking and gets pushed in the back towards and into DT. He extends his arms on contact to get the push and give DT additional forward momentum.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.