BB: Central Region Conference Tournaments

Started by BigPoppa, May 07, 2009, 08:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Does anyone know what happened in the IWU/Wheaton game?  The livestats have been frozen for hours - rain out?

BigPoppa

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 08, 2009, 10:25:13 PM
Does anyone know what happened in the IWU/Wheaton game?  The livestats have been frozen for hours - rain out?

Suspened due to darkness at 5-3... 10 am tomorrow.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

backstop

MWC tourney results

St Norbert 9  Grinnell 8
Beloit 7  Monmouth 6
Beloit 6  St Norbert 3         Beloit advances to championship
Monmouth 12  Grinnell 2    Grinnell eliminated

warrior35

I believe the game was suspended at 5-2, not 5-3.  The delay doesn't help Wheaton much as Little probably won't be able to throw again tomorrow and who knows what their status is with arms from the Augie game.  I would like to think all 4 of those guys would be able to throw again, except maybe Fallon who went just over 3 innings.  But, I don't have pitch counts...  They may have to pitch by committee if they are going to have a run at it tomorrow.

warrior35

Anyone know the last time, if ever, the #4 seed won a game in the CCIW tourney???

warrior35

Wheaton beats Illinois Wesleyan in the suspended game 8-3.

Mr. Ypsi

Wheaton downs IWU, 8-3.  IWU is out (and almost certainly out of the national tourney).

BigPoppa

Carthage up 12-3 on Wheaton in 6th inning in the CCIW title game.

mr_b

RSSmith

Does anybody think Wheaton or IWU has the credentials for a Pool C bid?
A walk is never as good as a hit!

BigPoppa

Quote from: RSSmith on May 09, 2009, 04:31:18 PM

IWU may have had a shot with a second place finish in the CCIW tourney, but a third place will not get it done. Wheaton made a great run late in the season, but I am still thinking they will be left out. I thought they should have been in the week's rankings, but I am not on the committee to make those decisions.  Had they been in the regional rankings, I think they may have had a chance.

mr_b

Quote from: RSSmith on May 09, 2009, 04:31:18 PM
I don't think either team has a shot with comparable records of 23-19 and 24-16 respectively.  They'd have to have won the tournament to continue post-season play.

Mr. Ypsi

IF Wheaton had forced a second game today, and IF IWU remains in the regional rankings (so they'd have a 4-1 record against a regionally-ranked team), I would have said Wheaton was a bubble team.  Now I think the CCIW is almost certainly a one-team league.

Congratulations to Carthage, and represent the conference well!