FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerFanAlso2

Jk

I agree with all that you said other than the "odac" failed RMC; I think RMC failed itself by losing to E&H. Most years ODAC champ needs to finish 10-0 in order to have half of chance at hosting. Still lots of football to play but I agree with you, even if RMC beats HSC (and they should) they will not host and rightfully so.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on November 09, 2016, 10:20:40 AM
Jk

I agree with all that you said other than the "odac" failed RMC; I think RMC failed itself by losing to E&H. Most years ODAC champ needs to finish 10-0 in order to have half of chance at hosting. Still lots of football to play but I agree with you, even if RMC beats HSC (and they should) they will not host and rightfully so.
+1!

Scots13

Huntingdon and Guilford have announced a new 4 year deal for Week 1 games. At Huntingdon next fall to begin.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

tigerFanAlso2

Glad to see Guilford is ramping up ooc schedule.

jknezek

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on November 09, 2016, 10:20:40 AM
Jk

I don't see our two statements as an either/or. RMC didn't go 10-0, the ODAC did not proved a RRO to bolster their resume. Both are good reasons why RMC won't be hosting.

jknezek

Quote from: Scots13 on November 10, 2016, 02:22:02 PM
Huntingdon and Guilford have announced a new 4 year deal for Week 1 games. At Huntingdon next fall to begin.

Wow. Guilford ponying up for a long trip! I might have to go to Huntingdon to see those games.

tigerFanAlso2

Not only will RMC not host the projected bracket has the odac champ going to Mount Union

tigerFanAlso2

What teams have a chance to win the odac and what needs to happen Saturday in order for that team to win ?

y_jack_lok

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on November 11, 2016, 09:29:12 AM
What teams have a chance to win the odac and what needs to happen Saturday in order for that team to win ?

Go back two pages to page 1352 and read the very last post on the page from algernon.

tigerFanAlso2

thanks. I totally missed that. a hsc win screws up a lot of stuff. I don't expect it to happen but I will be pulling for it to happen.

y_jack_lok

The Jackets seem to have a way of stepping it up in the second half and closing out games. Congrats.

HSCTiger74

Quote from: y_jack_lok on November 12, 2016, 05:22:50 PM
The Jackets seem to have a way of stepping it up in the second half and closing out games. Congrats.

Congrats on the win and the conference title. Also, now you probably won't have to go to Mt. Union (although the workings of the committee can be strange).
TANSTAAFL

y_jack_lok

^^^ Right. Maybe they'll get to go to John Carroll instead.   :-\

hasanova

Congratulations to RMC on their ODAC Championship.  The Yellow Jackets are a fine team, which I saw in person on Nov. 5.  Good luck in the playoffs!

jknezek

Yes. Good luck to the Jackets. Was happy to see W&L rediscover their offense yesterday. A beautiful day on a campus I don't get to enough. Proud of a great senior class, many of whom were three and four year starters. It's been a pleasure to follow them and I wish them well in their next adventure.