FB: Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference

Started by joecct, February 09, 2012, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

Quote from: MASCACAlum on October 31, 2016, 10:40:00 PM
Great podcast wondering if the Framingham Bridgewater game turns into a serious defensive battle. I was wrong thought Fitchburg had a shot at this championship who would of guessed UMD to be as strong as they are.

Thanks! I'm leaning Bears but wouldn't be surprised if Rams pulled it out. Big weekend to go along with NEFC and other conference races coming to a head.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

D3MAFAN

Congrats to Bridgewater on a great game, they kept the game balance and took it to the RAMS all day. Its amazing that the game came down to an XP. IMHO Bridgewater looked like the better team, they were able to run the ball and we could not really stop it. When the game went to OT, I thought Homefield advantage would play a big part, but Bridgewater was very confident after the missed PAT and just did what they did earlier in the game. Again, congrats to Bridgewater, they punch their ticket to Husson.

D3MAFAN

Big game for the RAMS this upcoming weekend against Salve. I think last week the Rams did a great job on 3rd down defense and if they can finish drives can win. However, this game is evenly match and expect both teams to play well. Good luck to all the seniors, have one last game to showcase you talent. From here on out, it's nothing but "Babies and Memories".

AUPepBand

Any Bridgewater fans making the trip to Mayberry this Saterday? Pep will be happy to offer some travel tips/local flavors.

Pep is reminded of the 2011 trip to Bridgewater State, when the Saxons, once the alumni members of the pep band arrived mid-way through the second quarter, rallied to a 41-10 win from a 10-0 deficit. Pep and Pep's pops and sisters had an early departure from Alfred with a stop for breakfast at Joe's Diner in Lee, MA off the MassPike.

Three former members of the AU Pep Band, all Massachusetts residents who had never played together before, pumped up the AU parents/fans and the Saxons at Bridgewater's Swenson Stadium.

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

D3MAFAN

RAMS face off against a good Salve team, looking forward to a high scoring affair. I think the team that can capitalize in the redezone will win the game. Each team was one game away from representing their respective conferences in the national playoffs, so it should be exciting. Bragging rights around the NE is also on the line as well. Also, good luck to Bridgewater tomorrow, win one for the MASCAC. Have a chance to shock the world tomorrow. Play Hard and Play Safe.

Sir Battlescars

Just noticed that Chuck Denune is no longer the Head Coach at Bridgewater State. Does anyone know what happened and why he's not the coach anymore?
2014 NCAC Football Pick 'Em Champion!!

AUKaz00

Respect to Bridgewater State. They played an incredible game and deserved a better result. They certainly played like champions today.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

D3MAFAN

Congrats to Bridgewater State on one heck of a game, they played like a team that believe they belonged. I knew the game was going to be closer than expected, but taking the #1 seed to OT. Congrats to the RAMS on closing out after a wild 4th against a good Salve team. Really started fast with the big run and then the long pass, but Salve never quit and the RAMS had to fight until the end, expect both teams to continue to improve.

AUPepBand

Bridgewater State's football team was well-prepared and executed well. The Saxons were fortunate to preserve their extended string of wins in "The Pit."

The Bridgewater State fans, albeit a small crowd, was loud and proud! Kudos to them for making the long, long trip.

Good job, Bears!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

D3MAFAN

It's almost that time of the year. Looking for some of the guys that were on the sideline and some good top notch recruits to bring us to glory again. Not going to be easy, but we an get it done.

HansenRatings

Here's my preliminary projection for the MASCAC's 2017 season, which will be updated based on returning starters later in the summer:

Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

d3fan142511

Pre Summer Camp Rankings:

1. Framingham
2. West Conn
3. Bridgewater
4. UMD
5. Plymouth
6. Fitchburg
7. Mass Maritime
8. Worchester
9. Westfield

D3MAFAN

Quote from: d3fan142511 on June 28, 2017, 04:35:55 PM
Pre Summer Camp Rankings:

1. Framingham
2. West Conn
3. Bridgewater
4. UMD
5. Plymouth
6. Fitchburg
7. Mass Maritime
8. Worchester
9. Westfield

This is going to be a tough race this year, I can easily see it coming down to the last week. No clear favorite this year.

MASCACAlum

I have to think that one of these years west conn is going to break through...I wonder if plymouth state can continue there up hill climb any updates from each teams camp?

D3MAFAN

Quote from: MASCACAlum on August 21, 2017, 12:28:37 PM
I have to think that one of these years west conn is going to break through...I wonder if plymouth state can continue there up hill climb any updates from each teams camp?

I'm starting to think that Western Connecticut has reached its ceiling. With team like Western New England, FSU, and the NESCAC schools doing well, recruiting only became that much tougher. The area is only but so large, having to go into other states is good when you doing have no championship to throw out there other than it being in Danbury and close to New York, it's tough recruiting in a both New York and New England areas.