FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: USee on December 24, 2019, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: BigRedScots on December 24, 2019, 10:26:29 AM
Quote from: formerd3db on December 24, 2019, 10:01:59 AM
Quote from: BigRedScots on December 24, 2019, 09:14:43 AM
IMO, Muhlenberg doesn't belong in the top 15. From what I saw, if they play in the CCIW, MIAC, OAC or WIAC they aren't even in the playoffs.

Also, after watching the Aurora vs SJU game... I'd put Aurora in the top 15. Up 10 with 4min to go and should have won. They were better than Muhlenberg for sure.

Since we're all speculating here, then I assume you would put Hope in one of the last top 25 spots🙂 (they did get some votes.) Hope beat Aurora while it was a close game, they were playing very well at that time and did handle that very good team.😳🙂

I would not. I think Aurora improves tremendously since that week 2 loss.

I am excited that Hope and Monmouth have each other back on the schedule. I also think your coach is awesome and Hope has the potential to turn into a North Central caliber program. I view Hollandale as Naperville, IL except on Lake Michigan. Awesome city.

so Aurora improved since week 2 but Hope didn't? Have you been speaking with Stagg or Bust?

I found it interesting that the AFCA voters dropped Muhlenberg in ahead of Wheaton in their final DIII Football Rankings too.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/d3/afca-coaches

USee

Quote from: Stagg Again!! on December 24, 2019, 12:11:32 PM
IMO, Muhlenberg doesn't belong in the top 15. From what I saw, if they play in the CCIW, MIAC, OAC or WIAC they aren't even in the playoffs.

Also, after watching the Aurora vs SJU game... I'd put Aurora in the top 15. Up 10 with 4min to go and should have won. They were better than Muhlenberg for sure.

Since we're all speculating here, then I assume you would put Hope in one of the last top 25 spots🙂 (they did get some votes.) Hope beat Aurora while it was a close game, they were playing very well at that time and did handle that very good team.😳🙂

I am excited that Hope and Monmouth have each other back on the schedule. I also think your coach is awesome and Hope has the potential to turn into a North Central caliber program. I view Hollandale as Naperville, IL except on Lake Michigan. Awesome city.

so Aurora improved since week 2 but Hope didn't? Have you been speaking with Stagg or Bust?

I found it interesting that the AFCA voters dropped Muhlenberg in ahead of Wheaton in their final DIII Football Rankings too.

Careful, citing AFCA will get you banned from this site.  They have even less credibility than you do!

wally_wabash

Quote from: New Tradition on December 22, 2019, 04:44:37 PM
A lot of things bouncing around in my head after this weekend.  I'll try to make some sense of them and not sound like I'm rambling, but my brain definitely feels like it's rambling, so I apologize in advance...

NT, was great to be able to say hi and shake your hand Friday night as well.  It was great to see the turnout from North Central in Texas despite the short week and logistical obstacles for you all to get down there.  And thank you for jumping in on the QH panel!  It's great to get insight from people who have been in or are around the program week in and week out. 

I hope everybody here has a great holiday season.  Congrats to the National Champion Cardinals!
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

formerd3db

Well, I agree with USee that Hope did improve as well since that week 2 game. While.I also agree with Pat as he pointed out earlier that playing Alma, Kazoo and Adrian is not the same as some of the teams Aurora did as the season progressed, I bieve that Hope was certainly a better team than they showed in the game against Wartburg.

Having a bad game in the playoffs or a bowl game happens all the time and there are many examples at all divisions, including the current bowl season already where clearly better teams just don't have it that particular day. But, all that makes for great discussion, debate and speculation and that's what these boards are for and provide.

Thanks for the compliments on our coach and city. He has certainly re-energized our program. I agree with you that it is good to see Monmouth back on our schedule, but as USee knows, I'd also like to see the Hope/Wheaton rivalry restarted!
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: USee on December 24, 2019, 12:15:32 PM

Careful, citing AFCA will get you banned from this site.  They have even less credibility than you do!

Folks, I forgot that USee knows more that the AFCA voters.  Perhaps the AFCA voters actually respected the fact that Muhlenberg was 13-1 and only had one loss to the eventual National Champion, while a Wheaton team favored to win at home and go to the Stagg Bowl had to stage three separate comebacks in the game just to get into a position to take the game into OT... only to fail three times. 

As to credibility, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones USee.

Pat Coleman

The AFCA voters definitely respect that the Mules were 13-1. Win-loss record traditionally is the overwhleming factor in where the AFCA voters rank teams.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

SpartanHouse

Hope got blown out by Wartburg and AU took SJU to the brink on the road in round 1. It is my opinion that AU improves more than Hope did this year and was better at seasons end.

SpartanHouse

When is the last team out of the East had a team that could hang w Mount? Was it Wesley?

Kovo

Quote from: Stagg Again!! on December 24, 2019, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: USee on December 24, 2019, 12:15:32 PM

Folks, I forgot that USee knows more that the AFCA voters.  Perhaps the AFCA voters actually respected the fact that Muhlenberg was 13-1 and only had one loss to the eventual National Champion, while a Wheaton team favored to win at home and go to the Stagg Bowl had to stage three separate comebacks in the game just to get into a position to take the game into OT... only to fail three times. 

As to credibility, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones USee.

Stagg Again stays on Fire!  Delivers a crushing blow!

Kovo

Quote from: BigRedScots on December 24, 2019, 01:07:12 PM

Hope got blown out by Wartburg and AU took SJU to the brink on the road in round 1. It is my opinion that AU improves more than Hope did this year and was better at seasons end.

That's Stagg Again to you sir.

formerd3db

Agree, Pat, and that is the way almost all the polls have traditionally been for decades at all the collegiate divisions/levels. 
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

formerd3db

Quote from: USee on December 24, 2019, 10:34:00 AM
For the Wheaton HC spot I expect a former Wheaton player to be named.  Probably mid Jan to Feb 1 timeframe.  Among those I have heard tossed around (alphabetical order)

Pedro Aruzza, RMC HC
Rick Fox, former Drake HC
Tim Hardy, HC at Greater Atlanta Christian HS in Atlanta
Neal Nertherly, DC Eastern Michigan
Rod Sandberg, Whitworth HC
Jesse Scott, Current OC at Wheaton
Andy Studebaker, 8 yr NFL LB.

I would expect the next HC to be one of these guys. Realistically it's probably a small subset of this list who are actual candidates.

Do you think that Neathery would actually leave Eastern Michigan for the Wheaton job? Eastern is respectable now and CC and staff have done a great job given the prior cicumstamces there.

CardinalAlum

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all D3 admins, posters and especially the CCIW guys!   Christmas came early in Shenandoah!
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

MUC57

Merry Christmas to everyone on this board, especially the NCC guys. As CardinalAlum  said, Christmas came early for you.
Good luck in 2020. 🏈 🎄  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

USee

Quote from: formerd3db on December 24, 2019, 01:45:40 PM
Quote from: USee on December 24, 2019, 10:34:00 AM
For the Wheaton HC spot I expect a former Wheaton player to be named.  Probably mid Jan to Feb 1 timeframe.  Among those I have heard tossed around (alphabetical order)

Pedro Aruzza, RMC HC
Rick Fox, former Drake HC
Tim Hardy, HC at Greater Atlanta Christian HS in Atlanta
Neal Nertherly, DC Eastern Michigan
Rod Sandberg, Whitworth HC
Jesse Scott, Current OC at Wheaton
Andy Studebaker, 8 yr NFL LB.

I would expect the next HC to be one of these guys. Realistically it's probably a small subset of this list who are actual candidates.

Do you think that Neathery would actually leave Eastern Michigan for the Wheaton job? Eastern is respectable now and CC and staff have done a great job given the prior cicumstamces there.

Yes I think Nethery would take it. Though Creighton's star is rising so he could also stay on that train for a while.  Creighton is goi g to get a big job soon.