FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldnuthin

Quote from: cardinaldad on February 11, 2013, 06:39:08 PM
I was signing on to see if anyone knew anything about the Cards getting a new DC. Any information about who it is would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Murray former IWU coach and graduate. Pretty sure he was their DC when they beat NCC back in 2009. That defense only gave up 2 rushing td all season until the playoffs. Good guy good pick

79jaybird

I think Murray was the coach at Benedictine (HC) when I was playing.  He didn't have a lot to work with at that time.  Agreed Murray has a good philosophy and football mind.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

cardinaldad

Quote from: oldnuthin on February 12, 2013, 09:24:30 AM
I was signing on to see if anyone knew anything about the Cards getting a new DC. Any information about who it is would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Murray former IWU coach and graduate. Pretty sure he was their DC when they beat NCC back in 2009. That defense only gave up 2 rushing td all season until the playoffs. Good guy good pick

Thanks for the information. It sounds as if this could be a good acquisition!

cardinaldad

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 11, 2013, 10:17:12 PM
North Park's new offensive coordinator is John Bear. He's mostly worked at the D1 level, at Akron and Liberty, but it looks like he's also done a stint at Wheaton.

NPU's other coordinator-level hire is Matt Arshinkoff, the new special teams coordinator. He, too, comes to NPU from Akron.

Mike Conway will serve as his own defensive coordinator.

Oh oh! Akron has not been a football powerhouse. I hope their coaching ability had nothing to do with Akron's lack of success. I hope these coaches can bring something to the table for North Park!

Gregory Sager

Bear was also a part of a Liberty program that's been pretty successful at the D1-NCS level.

Arshinkoff was a GA at Akron, and it's hard to blame a lack of success on a GA. The GAs are the guys who do the grunt work on a coaching staff, not the guys who formulate the game plan, make the decisions on the sidelines, and do the recruiting sales pitches.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

CardinalAlum

Another Green Weenie?? :o
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

oldnuthin

Quote from: CardinalAlum on February 12, 2013, 10:55:31 PM

I know we are happy with our green weenie coach at Millikin   :) Maybe that school produces more coaches then actuaries. They should change the name to Coach Farm. The only down side I can see, is that when a weenie shows up to coach, the program improves. Must be those higher ACT scores.  ::)

cardinaldad

Quote from: oldnuthin on February 13, 2013, 11:58:15 AM

I know we are happy with our green weenie coach at Millikin   :) Maybe that school produces more coaches then actuaries. They should change the name to Coach Farm. The only down side I can see, is that when a weenie shows up to coach, the program improves. Must be those higher ACT scores.  ::)

So, IWU is the "Cradle of Coaches" for DIII like Miami of Ohio is for DI?  ;D

oldnuthin

Quote from: cardinaldad on February 13, 2013, 02:58:06 PM

It certainly looks that way, oh no wait we have the OC at ND and the HC at a top 5 rated FCS school. I declare us the winner.  ;D

Gregory Sager

Quote from: cardinaldad on February 13, 2013, 02:58:06 PM

Former NPU head coach Robin Cooper was an Illinois Wesleyan grad.

Graveyard of Coaches > Cradle of Coaches
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

USee

I really wish that Mike Murray would have the same success as Robin Cooper but sadly I know that won't be true. Mike Murray is one of the better CCIW coaches I have seen. Very unfortunate for Wheaton fans. Great hire for the Cards.

I have just upgraded  my NCC db's to "hold" from "sell" on my fantasy fb list.

NCF

Quote from: USee on February 14, 2013, 02:43:33 PM
I really wish that Mike Murray would have the same success as Robin Cooper but sadly I know that won't be true. Mike Murray is one of the better CCIW coaches I have seen. Very unfortunate for Wheaton fans. Great hire for the Cards.

Yea, too bad you'll be giving the Bell back next year :)
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

USee

To be clear, I don't have the bell, but I know where it is. It is nice to have Cardinal fans wishing for the bell.....

I can tell, we have the bell!

Solid.

NCF

Quote from: NCF on February 14, 2013, 03:34:34 PM
Quote from: USee on February 14, 2013, 02:43:33 PM

Yea, too bad Wheaton will be giving the Bell back next year :)
Fixed it for ya. To be clear, I won't have a horse in the race anymore and I'm not "wishing" for anything, because it won't be all that important to me personally. However, if you feel Murray's hiring is "very unfortunate for Wheaton fans" you are probably a little nervous there.:):):):)
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion