MBB: Colonial States Athletic Conference

Started by Coach C, April 08, 2005, 02:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mailsy

Congrats to the Cavaliers of Cabrini getting in to the NCAA tournament. I knew it was going to take a lot to get them in. I think the fact that there weren't a lot of upsets helped them out. Should be a good game against Lycoming. This is the sight of Cabrini's sweet 16 pod back in 2012 on their way to the national championship game. Could history repeat itself. We will see.  ;D

GO CAVS!!!
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

ronk

Quote from: mailsy on February 27, 2017, 08:05:31 PM
Congrats to the Cavaliers of Cabrini getting in to the NCAA tournament. I knew it was going to take a lot to get them in. I think the fact that there weren't a lot of upsets helped them out. Should be a good game against Lycoming. This is the sight of Cabrini's sweet 16 pod back in 2012 on their way to the national championship game. Could history repeat itself. We will see.  ;D

GO CAVS!!!

But u won't have Scranton around to eliminate Middlebury this time. ::)

mailsy

Quote from: ronk on February 27, 2017, 08:46:54 PM
Quote from: mailsy on February 27, 2017, 08:05:31 PM

GO CAVS!!!

But u won't have Scranton around to eliminate Middlebury this time. ::)

True.    :D

mailsy

Here is a comparison of Cabrini and their opponent Lycoming.

Cavaliers of Cabrini(CSAC At-Large) taking on Lycoming, (MAC Commonwealth Conference Champions) on Friday at 5:30 at Middlebury. No common opponents.

Lycoming:   23-4 (0-0 N)   Opponents:
81.9               pts/gm             71.9
46.1%              fg                   41.5%
35.8%              3fg                 33.4%
5.1                3fg/gm               5.4     
66.7%              FT                  69.2%
16.2              FT/gm               14.1
40.8          rebounds/gm        35.9
15.7            assists/gm            15.1
13.6               TO/gm              17.4
9.7               steals/gm             5.9
2.6                blocks/gm           3.9

Leading Scorers:   David Johnson 14.5   Chris Wallace 12.3
Leading Rebounders: Chris Wallace 6.9   Nyk King 5.7

Cabrini:       19-7 (2-1 N)    Opponents:
83.2               pts/gm            74.1
44.6%                 fg              42.1%
32.0%                 3fg             31.8%
6.9                    3fg/gm         6.5     
68.8%                  FT             63.9%
16.0                  FT/gm           12.1
41.8              rebounds/gm    41.6
14.0               assists/gm       12.5
12.7                  TO/gm         16.6
9.4                  steals/gm       6.5
4.4                   blocks/gm       3.2

Leading Scorers:   Tyheim Monroe 22.6 DeVhante Mosley 14.3
Leading Rebounders: Tyheim Monroe 16.2 Deryl Bagwell 7.7

mailsy

Looking towards tonight's game. Should be a great game between Cavs and Lycoming. Hopefully it's a well officiated game  ;D and the players decide the game and outcome.

GO CAVS!!!

mailsy

I see Centenary is in need of a new head coach as Tim Fusina has moved "way" west to Cal Lutheran.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Is the Vatican trying to form a new conference and gain a foothold in D3? I don't see what's in it for Marywood except a lot of long road trips.

Pat Coleman

I think a lot of conference building for people is what company you keep. Does Marywood feel it has more in common with the institutions in the new conference than it does with the schools in the CSAC it would be leaving behind? Probably.

There's a lot of "getting the old gang back together" in this move, except that Alvernia and Eastern are not coming back.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

mailsy

All I can say is wow!  :o  So that means no automatic NCAA bids for 2 years?

ronk

Quote from: mailsy on June 07, 2017, 05:21:48 PM

There should be at least 1 Pool B to compete for; Scranton did that for 2 years when the newly-formed Landmark was in the same situation. After the pool B, then you compete with the rest for pool C.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: ronk on June 07, 2017, 06:56:40 PM
Quote from: mailsy on June 07, 2017, 05:21:48 PM

There should be at least 1 Pool B to compete for; Scranton did that for 2 years when the newly-formed Landmark was in the same situation. After the pool B, then you compete with the rest for pool C.

We were already on pace for a Pool B bid in 2018-2019, so that will be available - maybe a second, depending on what else happens between now and then.  Right now you need 9 teams for a Pool B bid.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

mailsy

Well the discussion will now be. What will the new name be. 9 years ago the same discussion occured when the PAC changed to the CSAC. Some of the proposed names back then were the American Small College Conference, the Atlantic Small College Conference and the Mason Dixon Conference among others before the Colonial States was actually named. The former were offered up by my old friend wolfpac.

So what should the new conference be called?

mailsy

I also have heard that Rosemont might move to the new conference if they add more athletic programs. So the CSAC will need to add more teams if they want to keep the AQs

Pat Coleman