MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

My condolences to all who knew Cold Case. You had to admire the guy's passion.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NEPAFAN

Cold Case first came to the board and shared with me a recruit by the name of Paul Hawk who was coming to the U.  He was also always saying how good the good old days were with the rocking royals. I believe he had many of the 70s-80s games still on VHS.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Corporal Hicks

Rest In Paradise, Cold Case.  Sad to see one of our own go...

NEPAFAN

A nice overture by whomever sponsored a hole for the Carlesimo Golf tournament in memory of Cold Case..link is below and you can click on Hole Sponsor Listing:

http://www.scranton.edu/development/athletics-fund/carlesimo/sponsor.shtml

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

NEPAFAN

and my last post on the Carlesimo Golf Tourney, here is the link to the Silent Auction. The D3hoops package sponsorship must not have been posted yet ;)

http://www.501auctions.com/carlesimo2017

Vince Lombardi

saratoga

Scranton SID Dept. can truly break the secrecy & announce the Royals schedule any day now.

Some of us actually like to book our rooms in Madison, Baltimore & DC early....I mean tickets do go fast.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The conference schedule is already set. You don't have to wait on the school. Yes, things could be adjusted, but those things happen rarely. See here the master list: http://landmarkconference.org/administration/future_schedules/index

And here is a dirty little secret, make a small change to the web address and find a lot of info you might be looking for: http://athletics.scranton.edu/sports/mbkb/2017-18/schedule

I will say that SID departments tend to be super focused on fall sports right now and sometimes coaches are still working on the schedules (it happens often), so they may ask to wait on releasing the info. There are lot of reasons in DIII why this stuff doesn't get posted. Heck, I'm used to not seeing Goucher's posted "officially" until mid-October a lot of years. LOL I still find the schedule in other ways. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

ronk

With the release last week of the Royals' incoming class, a prospective starting lineup is Kyle Deverna, Kevin Doolan, Ethan Danzig, Matt Mancuso, and Drew Schankweiler with Chris McCullough, Mitch Cross, and Brandon Feinberg also in the rotation. Haven't seen any of the newcomers in person, only their hilite videos, and 2(Monaghan, Stafford) of those were from their junior years. Hopefully, some(Logan Bailey?) will make significant contributions. McCullough, being the best defender, may retain his  starting position.
   In other Landmark news, Catholic will be playing a regular season game @ U-Maryland.

NEPAFAN

Scranton's Roster up, no surprises...
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: NEPAFAN on October 05, 2017, 05:28:02 PM

Brandon Feinberg didn't return.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: ronk on October 05, 2017, 06:23:53 PM
Quote from: NEPAFAN on October 05, 2017, 05:28:02 PM

Brandon Feinberg didn't return.

Good catch, wonder why. Opportunity for a Forward/Center to step up...
Vince Lombardi

NEPAFAN

To follow up on the last post Scranton loses Vitkus and his rebounds. We already know the issue that Scranton has had with rebounding... should be interesting who steps up.
Vince Lombardi

NEPAFAN

From DMAC....

http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2017/11/02/daves-top-25-ballot-preseason-17-18/

24 – Scranton
The one thing I can absolutely say with certainty about the Royals: they are one of the more consistent programs in Division III men's basketball. I know they will be at the top of the conference and being considered for Top 25 attention every season. They bring back a lot of weapons, but for the first time in many years I think they are missing a key piece inside (center). How they handle finding the answers down low, so Ethan Danzig doesn't feel like he has all the pressure on him to produce, will be the key.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

The Schankmeister needs to pick up his game by being a force down low that finishes his layups, boxes out, doesn't pick up dumb fouls, hits the offensive glass & rebounds at the other end not to mention clogs the middle & swats a few away.

He doesn't have to be Brenden Boken or John Vitkis but he does need to be better than he was last season.

If he can improve his all around game & give them options down low with Mancuso, I think there will again be plenty of outside fire power to compliment the typical Royal inside/out approach.