Scoring Question

Started by putmeincoach, April 02, 2013, 03:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

putmeincoach

I need an expert -
How many earned runs are in this scenario?

Batter 1 walked. Batter 1 stole second. Batter 2 flied out to 2b. Batter 3 doubled to left center; Batter 1 scored.  Batter 3 advanced to third on a wild pitch. Batter 4 reached on an error by 3b.  Batter 5 doubled to left field; Batter 4 advanced to third; Batter 3 scored. Batter 6 grounded out to 3b.  Batter 7 walked. Batter 8 doubled to left field; Batter 7 scored; Batter 5 scored; Batter 4 scored. Batter 9, P struck out swinging. 5 runs, 3 hits, 1 error, 1 LOB.

ILVBB

2 earned, 3 unearned. Batter 6 should have been the third out, hence the 2b from batter 8 that drove in three would not have occured if Batter 3 was the third out. Therefore the three runs that occured as a result of batter 8's 2b would be unearned.

putmeincoach

CrashDavisD3

Quote from: putmeincoach on April 02, 2013, 03:19:18 PM
I need an expert -

Batter 1 walked. Batter 1 stole second. Batter 2 flied out to 2b. Batter 3 doubled to left center; Batter 1 scored.  Batter 3 advanced to third on a wild pitch. Batter 4 reached on an error by 3b.  Batter 5 doubled to left field; Batter 4 advanced to third; Batter 3 scored. Batter 6 grounded out to 3b.  Batter 7 walked. Batter 8 doubled to left field; Batter 7 scored; Batter 5 scored; Batter 4 scored. Batter 9, P struck out swinging. 5 runs, 3 hits, 1 error, 1 LOB.

My brain hurts following this....Reminds me of Abbot and Costello's Who is on 1st.
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

Ralph Turner

Quote from: CrashDavisD3 on April 02, 2013, 04:52:33 PM
Quote from: putmeincoach on April 02, 2013, 03:19:18 PM
I need an expert -

My brain hurts following this....Reminds me of Abbot and Costello's Who is on 1st.
What's on second.