WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royals85

What a nice player Etown has in Veronica( Christ) also the 6ft 2 kid !!!

Tim the Enchanter

Glad the Lady Royals could come back and win for Harry's last game in the booth!

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Royals85

ronk

He didn't say why specifically but he might be back Wed for the women's game w Drew if he doesn't go to NJ to watch the men.
  I've always enjoyed listening to Harry; he gives good insight into what's happening and what should be happening in addition to the old school basketball trivia and the humorous situations that happen occasionally.

ronk

Up til today, I had Scranton and Catholic battling for the top 2 positions in the Landmark and Susque, Drew, and Etown for the remaining 2 spots in the postseason tourney. I'll adjust that by moving Etown up now to compete for the top 3 spots.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: ronk on January 22, 2022, 08:09:27 PM
He didn't say why specifically but he might be back Wed for the women's game w Drew if he doesn't go to NJ to watch the men.
  I've always enjoyed listening to Harry; he gives good insight into what's happening and what should be happening in addition to the old school basketball trivia and the humorous situations that happen occasionally.

Be curious if Dean flies solo or the administration brings in someone else.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

I'm pretty sure Harry has one daughter that is a freshman track star at Georgetown & his youngest daughter is playing high school basketball.
I'm sure he wants to spend time seeing them play & traveling now that he's retired.
He did make a great point at the end while McCurdy was on the floor in that she should be subbed out as she hasn't shot a free throw in 2 months & if E-town scored, she'd be their target.
For my money, Summer McNulty is hands down ROY. She is one very well coached young woman.
Great comeback by the Lady Royals.
Watched the end of Moravian/Catholic & Moravian had a 6' shot by their best player miss at the buzzer.
Once it went to OT, it was pretty much all Catholic.
Scranton, Catholic, or E-town will end up winning & Drew will be the 4th. team in.
Juniata & Goucher have virtually no chance & Moravian & Susquehanna, slim to none.

ronk

1st run at prospective regional rankings for region 5(the old Mid-Atlantic minus CNU,Salisbury,UMW among others) after 1/22 contests; in-region competition includes your region(5, in this case), or within 500 miles, or admin region(#2, New York and PA), or conference; by those, I'll amend my original data to exclude Messiah's victory over Depauw and York's loss to Loras :

1. Messiah 13-2
2. Scranton  15-2
3. Catholic 13-1
4. Gettysburg 12-2
5. Johns Hopkins  13-2
6. York(PA)  14-2
7. Elizabethtown  12-3
8. Drew  12-2
9. Washington(MD)  11-4
    Haverford  12-5

saratoga

Not sure how the committee can give Messiah the top spot with 2 Regional losses while Scranton has zero.
I guess they can but in the past Regional rankings were pretty much based upon how you were doing "regionally".

saratoga

Speaking of Rankings...
I see that Amherst lost at home to a 7-7 Hamilton squad.
I guess that may require some voters to drop Amherst one or two spots.  :'(
Most other teams would probably drop at least 10 spots so let's see what happens.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: saratoga on January 23, 2022, 07:53:40 AM

Not sure how the committee can give Messiah the top spot with 2 Regional losses while Scranton has zero.
I guess they can but in the past Regional rankings were pretty much based upon how you were doing "regionally".

"Regional losses" is not among the criteria considered. The first ranking is going to be alphabetical anyway, so Messiah is guaranteed to be ahead of Scranton.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

ronk

In-region includes teams within 500 miles, so Scranton's 2 losses are in-region by that inclusion. It would exclude Messiah's victory over Depauw, so I'll amend that. Messiah had a higher Massey relative national SOS ranking than Scranton(#111 v. #175), so those were the 2 reasons that I had Messiah ahead of Scranton.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: ronk on January 23, 2022, 10:25:59 AM

In-region includes teams within 500 miles, so Scranton's 2 losses are in-region by that inclusion. It would exclude Messiah's victory over Depauw, so I'll amend that. Messiah had a higher Massey relative national SOS ranking than Scranton(#111 v. #175), so those were the 2 reasons that I had Messiah ahead of Scranton.

In region now includes every d3 team they play, so long as 70% of their schedule is geographically in-region. The records listed are the regional records for both teams. That's what will be considered.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

ronk

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 23, 2022, 11:27:36 AM
Quote from: ronk on January 23, 2022, 10:25:59 AM

In region now includes every d3 team they play, so long as 70% of their schedule is geographically in-region. The records listed are the regional records for both teams. That's what will be considered.

I've seen that somewhere in the past but it's not in the prechampionship manual for in region definition. Also, there's mention that only the original submitted schedule is eligible to be considered for tournament selection purposes; doesn't seem to count rescheduled opponents for covid reasons, etc. Might be important for Dave McHugh to address this with his committee chairman interviews.