FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

crufootball

Well, what did they say? I would expect them to say Mount Union and Mary Hardin-Baylor to meet again in the Stagg Bowl. I'm guessing that was not it! I could always buy a copy. But in the meantime...................!
Go Raiders and Go Cru!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

crufootball

Don't have it with me MUC57, but Mount Union was their #1 coming into the season with UW-Oshkosh as the #2 and UMHB as #3. I'll have to check but I don't think they predict the end of the season, just the preseason Top 25, an All-American list and a little snap shot of the teams in their Top 25. In the blurb about UMHB in mentioned nothing of the Luke Poorman transfer or Coach Pete's suspension something that I am guessing will be brought up in the D3 Kickoff.

Also for any HSU fans, the Cowboys were in the Top 15, I believe #11 but I am doing this off memory now which is not usually a good idea.

MUC57

crufootball

Good as UW-Oshkosh is (was), I can't see them ranked ahead of UMHB. That's just me. And actually, a lot of other people too. And we as fans can talk about the Stagg Bowl now!
2018 Stagg Bowl - UMU vs UMHB. You heard it here, folks!
I think you're right. You wasted your money. Shouldn't we know by now that D3FOOTBALL is the best source for D3 info? Hey, I'll buy you a cold one to make up for your monetary loss.
Go Cru and Go Raiders. Remember, you won't have to travel far this year for the championship game!

Ron Boerger

Folks, a moment for something not related to D3football, but to our leader, Pat Coleman.    For those who weren't aware, Division III sports isn't Pat's only passion - he sings with a very fine chorus in Minneapolis, the Minnesota Chorale.   He has an opportunity later this year to tour South Africa with the Minnesota Chorale, which will be accompanying the Minnesota Orchestra, but must pay all the costs out of pocket.   Such trips are far from inexpensive, and he has posted a Gofundme to help underwrite some of the costs.   Can you consider a small donation in appreciation of all that he has done for Division III football and other sports over the years?   If so, visit https://www.gofundme.com/choir-tour-to-south-africa

I've had the pleasure of taking similar trips with much less accomplished ensembles and they truly can be life-altering experiences.   I hope you will consider helping Pat on this journey.   And I hope Pat will leave this message up.   :)

Pat Coleman

Ron -- thank you. I appreciate the shout-out and your support, as well as anyone else's support.

Worry not -- D3football.com will still be well cared-for this August. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ralph Turner

Props to McMurry... best college in Texas for its grads to get a job

https://www.zippia.com/advice/best-college-state-getting-job-2018/

There are plenty of D3's across the country who had the best jobs rate for their state.

crufootball

This weekend was cut day in the CFL as their season starts up next weekend and Bryce Wilkerson is the lone Crusader that appears to have made the roster. Keith Reineke and Blake Jackson were cut by the Calgary Stampeders and Teidrick Smith was cut by the Ottawa Redblacks.

Bryce started the second and final preseason game this weekend and had 2 catches for 18 yards to go along with his 3 punt returns for 10 yards. In the first game Bryce also had 5 kick returns for 68 yards and 1 punt return for 51 yards.

DFWCrufan

Yeah I saw they released Keith and Blake, well it was good post collegiate experience. I'm glad to see Bryce is still with the tigercats and will keep a eye on that. Does that mean (if I'm not mistaken) that puts Bryce on the same roster as Manziel?
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

crufootball

Quote from: DFWCrufan on June 11, 2018, 11:04:14 AM
Yeah I saw they released Keith and Blake, well it was good post collegiate experience. I'm glad to see Bryce is still with the tigercats and will keep a eye on that. Does that mean (if I'm not mistaken) that puts Bryce on the same roster as Manziel?

Yes it does, in fact all of Bryce receptions have been from Johnny Football.

bluenote

I've never been here before... wow you guys are cool!....  :-X

MUC57

Happy Father's Day to all my friends that I've chatted with from UMHB and to all the fathers everywhere. God bless! 🇺🇸😀

DBQ1965

Quote from: crufootball on May 29, 2018, 02:11:24 PM
Speaking of missing the game jitters, I saw the first pre season college football magazine of the season. Street and Smith, which ran their traditional 1 page spread on D3 football. I really don't know why I waste the money to read a fairly uniformed take on D3 but I can't help myself.

I suffer from the same malaise.
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

DFWCrufan

Sadly - Bryce was let go from the Tigercats.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Ron Boerger

It's official - welcome back to full D3 membership, McMurry!

http://bit.ly/2KkqgW4

CowboyAlum261

Has anybody seen the summer edition of Dave Campbell's magazine in stores? I heard they have shipped out to subscribers but I haven't been able to find it in stores here in DFW yet.