MBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Sul Ross Lobos, February 26, 2005, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE U - TD

Congratulations to Brandon Greene, Wells Adams, and Curtis Davis on great careers.

Also Congratulations to Chris Barnes on being named ASC East Player of the year!

cover2

Trying to access the free video for UMHB/McMurry but it's telling me I need to pay...anybody know how to get the free feed?

bcal

Cover 2,  I have tried to get the feed also.  Not sucessful.  Tried to get on by paying and end up with a game between McM and UMHB played several days ago

Ralph Turner

The feed became free with about 2 minutes left in the game.

My brother and I began notifying Sidearm Stats at 7pm that they had not "freed" up the game.  (I subscribe; he doesn't.)  I could get in, but I had a long buffering delay in the first half.

In my humble opinion the technical support at SidearmStats is the weak link.

The first half was another one of those ADD/ADHD performances by McM.

When we had the ball in the first possession of the game, we tried a little dinky (shall I say playground expletive) pass attempt into Jones, the big man, that UMHB stole.  That initial effort reminded me of the brainless portions of the UT-Tyler loss and the Louisiana College loss.  We dug ourselves too deep of a hole.

UMHB -- FG 17-28 in the first half, FG 7-21 in the second half and  6-13 on 3FG's.

Good luck UMHB!  Beat Augie!  I think that you have a good chance, but the CCIW is a tough conference.

Well, there is no urgency to get basketball jerseys with the new nickname on them now!   :-\

The reference to ADHD/ADD is medical, an effort without focus and showing frenetic unproductive activity.

armywife

Hi Ralph. Next week's game is going to be fun to listen to and hard at the same time. I'm not sure who to root for. :)
2 Peter 1:5-10

Ralph Turner

Quote from: armywife on March 05, 2011, 10:54:10 PM
Hi Ralph. Next week's game is going to be fun to listen to and hard at the same time. I'm not sure who to root for. :)
I wish that you did not have that problem!  We would have gladly saved you the anguish, if the men's team had played more than 20 minutes. :-\

armywife

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 05, 2011, 10:58:44 PM
Quote from: armywife on March 05, 2011, 10:54:10 PM
I wish that you did not have that problem!  We would have gladly saved you the anguish, if the men's team had played more than 20 minutes. :-\

Sorry. I was being insensitive. I know it must have been really hard to have McMurray that close to going to the Sweet 16. I was amazed that they came back from 10 down to pull within a basket in the last few seconds. I was following the live stats from both games, and at one point both games had about 3:00 minutes to go. During that time, Augie tied Hope near with a few seconds left and went into overtime and played almost all of the 5 minute overtime to win. McMurray and UMHB took almost all of that same amount of time to finish up the game. I never saw 2 minutes pass that slowly in a basketball game before. It would have been a good game to watch.

I'm sorry again. McMurray did a great job winning the ASC conference this year.
2 Peter 1:5-10

mcm_sid

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 05, 2011, 09:59:29 PM
The feed became free with about 2 minutes left in the game.

My brother and I began notifying Sidearm Stats at 7pm that they had not "freed" up the game.  (I subscribe; he doesn't.)  I could get in, but I had a long buffering delay in the first half.

In my humble opinion the technical support at SidearmStats is the weak link.

If anyone on this board "paid" for the feed. It shouldn't have had to, in fact it would have been an NCAA violation to do so. We paid our streaming rights to the NCAA and set up a "free" game with them. McMurry had to pay $200 to make this happen in addition to the streaming / radio rights charge from the NCAA. Dr. Turner informed me, along with several others throughout the night that they were being charged. While this was out of my control, I do apologize for the inconvenience. SideArm's response was that people needed to "empty their cache." While this may be true, it should have been less difficult and I'm unhappy and disappointed it turned out that way for McMurry's / UMHB's / D3 fans.

If you were in fact charged, please email me at robarts.kyle@gmail.com along with support@sidearmsports.com - so I can know how many people were affected.

I was the official statistician tonight and I'm sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

Ralph Turner

Specifically, I do not think that my brother was charged for the game.  He just could not get beyond the initial "sign on" screen.

One general problem that SidearmStats has is that their FAQ material is not helpful.  More than once in the last 2 years, the McMurry SID has gone above and beyond to help clear a problem that I think was mostly SidearmStats problem

Suggestions about emptying a "cache" and how to do it are not things that "non-geeks" think about.

Thanks for the explanation, mcm_sid!

John Gleich

Per the game notes on the UST website, Friday's games will be a split session... so there shouldn't be any problem with tickets.

For your enjoyment and edification, links to the teams' stats:

UWSP

UST

Augie

MHB
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

JACKET84

Congrats to the 4 ASC players

Men's All-South Region Team
Player of the Year: Derek Mitchell, Sr., Ferrum
Coach of the Year: Mitch Cole, Birmingham-Southern
Rookie of the Year: D.J. Woodmore, G, Virginia Wesleyan

First team

Pos. Player School Yr. Hometown
G Austin Claunch Emory Jr. Cypress, Texas
G Matt Addison Hardin-Simmons Jr. Killeen, Texas
F Eryk Watson Maryville (Tenn.) Sr. Powder Springs, Ga.
F Derek Mitchell Ferrum Sr. Newport News, Va.
F Todd Phillips Eastern Mennonite Sr. Waynesboro, Va.

Second team

G Brandon Irwin Howard Payne Jr. Thorndale, Texas
G Nick Rose Colorado College Sr. Lakewood, Colo.
F Chris Barnes Texas-Dallas Jr. San Antonio, Texas
F Harrison George Hampden-Sydney So. Raleigh, N.C.
F Todd Ward Oglethorpe Sr. New Milford, Conn.

Third team

G Matt Dougherty N.C. Wesleyan Jr. Ayden, N.C.
G Conley Taylor Christopher Newport Jr. Newport News, Va.
G Colton Hunt Randolph So. Buford, Ga.
F Danny Jones Randolph-Macon Sr. Herndon, Va.
C Josh Chambers East Texas Baptist Sr. Mexia, Texas

Ralph Turner

The All-Region teams are voted upon by the SID's in the Region.

lewis

Ralph Turner

McMurry's Matt Garnett leaves after one season to return to his alma mater, Wayland Baptist.  Matt was groomed for the McMurry position, so we are looking at three years' work going out the door.  I was prepared for Matt to get an attractive offer from a D-1 after several successful years in D-III and then D-II, but not after a single season.  He gave me no clue when I spoke with him at graduation last weekend.

It is very late in the season to be building a new staff.  There was an incredible turnover in the team from 2009-10 to 10-11.  I imagine we will see the same in 11-12. Going to an NAIA-1 Scholarship school, I can imagine that a number of McMurry players might ask to follow him to WBU!

When you look at the stability that Coaches Kimbrell and Holmes provided us over the 50 years, you dare not take it for granted!