Conference Tournaments 2016-17

Started by 7express, February 12, 2017, 02:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllStar

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 18, 2017, 04:18:02 PM
Quote from: hopefan on February 18, 2017, 05:08:12 AM
Medgar Evers FORFEITS to John Jay in 1st round of CUNY Tournament?   

Why?   What happened?

If you find out, let me know.  I've been trying to track down anything - a facebook post, some comment somewhere - I haven't gotten any leads at all.

We saw a forfeit today as well with Southern Vermont walking over Daniel Websiter; I believe that was the final regular season game for both, but strange.

This is why the Southern Vermont / Daniel Webster game was a "forfeit":
http://www.unionleader.com/25-police-officers-called-to-Nashua-college-brawl

7express

LEC:

#6 RI College
@ 2/21 7:30
#3 UMass-Dartmouth

#7 Southern Maine
#2 Keene State

#5 Plymouth State
@ 2/21 7:00
#4 UMass-Boston

#8 Western Connecticut
#1 Eastern Connecticut
Nobody was better than 17-8 overall, and the 4th place finisher got a HOME GAME with a 6-8 conference record, so this should be a 1 bid league, but I think Eastern might have a pulse if they make it to the finals and lose to either Keene or Dartmouth.  The first round is Tuesday @ campus sites, with the semifinals and finals tentatively scheduled for Friday-Saturday 2/24-2/25 at the highest remaining seed after the quarterfinals.  Since the Eastern Connecticut women are also the #1 seed in the women's field, one of them may get pushed back a day.  This is actually the 3rd straight year both the Eastern men & women have finished with the #1 seed: In 2015 they pushed the women's field back a day (semifinals on Saturday, finals on Sunday), last year (2016) they pushed the men's field back a day.

AllStar

Here's a different version of what 7express said   ;)

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AllStar on February 18, 2017, 11:32:25 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 18, 2017, 04:18:02 PM
Quote from: hopefan on February 18, 2017, 05:08:12 AM
Medgar Evers FORFEITS to John Jay in 1st round of CUNY Tournament?   

Why?   What happened?

If you find out, let me know.  I've been trying to track down anything - a facebook post, some comment somewhere - I haven't gotten any leads at all.

We saw a forfeit today as well with Southern Vermont walking over Daniel Websiter; I believe that was the final regular season game for both, but strange.

This is why the Southern Vermont / Daniel Webster game was a "forfeit":

Wow. I've read Stephen Vincent Benét's classic short story "The Devil and Daniel Webster", but in this case the Devil was Daniel Webster.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AllStar

QuoteThis is why the Southern Vermont / Daniel Webster game was a "forfeit":

I'm quoting myself, but to follow up, there is now an article about this on the d3hoops main page by Pat Coleman.  A brief video is also included in the story.

Pat Coleman

Thanks for pointing people to the front-page story.

Also, we've published our tourney tracker for the season as well. That's not at all to displace this conversation, but letting people know it's there!
http://www.d3hoops.com/seasons/men/2016-17/conference-tournaments/index
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

7express

FYI Pat/Gordon/Dave: The snippet for the Northwest conference is the same snippet for the UMAC conference as well.  Minor error I know, but thought I'd point it out.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hopefan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 19, 2017, 04:34:02 PM
Thanks for the catch!

Just for accuracy... the SLIAC posting shows Westminster being the home team in the championship game.. I'm sure Webster, their semifinal opponent, may have something to say about that!!  Also, it says highest seed hosts... no, the conference champ, Greenville, hosts both nights, whether they win the semi or not.... ;)
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

KnightSlappy

Quote from: hopefan on February 19, 2017, 05:16:58 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 19, 2017, 04:34:02 PM
Thanks for the catch!

Just for accuracy... the SLIAC posting shows Westminster being the home team in the championship game.. I'm sure Webster, their semifinal opponent, may have something to say about that!!  Also, it says highest seed hosts... no, the conference champ, Greenville, hosts both nights, whether they win the semi or not.... ;)

Pretty sure they just pull in what the teams enter, so Westminster must have themselves in the game as a placeholder or something.

gordonmann

TheOsprey

Susquehanna in trouble. Down 10 under 3 mins. :o

TheOsprey