FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pradierguy

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on July 16, 2018, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 16, 2018, 09:09:07 PM
Check out the quick read on JCU's new AD. Not sure how to take her Mount Union comments. From my perspective she says that there are bigger teams to chase than Mount Union... Really?  After how they celebrated their last victory over us (deservedly so), I don't think the football team feels that way. Could just be my perspective.

On another note, I didn't realize that they didn't have an indoor facility. Surprised with all of the support they have from alumni that this hasn't happened yet.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20180716/michelle-morgan-brings-big-resume-big-ideas-to-john-carroll-as-new-ad

I don't think she downplayed the Mount Union Rivalry. Just stated that she wants them to compete on the national stage:

QuoteQ St. Thomas plays big-time D-III college football, and the JCU football team has competed well with national power Mount Union. Can you envision a day when JCU can consistently post wins against Mount? (The Blue Streaks have beaten the Purple Raiders once since 1994.)

A That's my plan, and beyond that because there's bigger fish to fry than Mount Union. Football, yes Mount's the big cat, but you've got (national D-III powers) Mary-Hardin Baylor, Wisconsin Oshkosh, St. Thomas ... That's my expectations, to be competitive (with those schools). I'm just as competitive as any of these coaches or athletes here.

If I was Wilmington or Musky I'd be worried. Now that JCU has some St. Thomas blood in the building, they might try to hang 100 on some teams, Glen Style.

HScoach

That's what I was thinking too.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

raiderguy

Quote from: pradierguy on July 17, 2018, 08:48:23 AM
Check out the quick read on JCU's new AD. Not sure how to take her Mount Union comments. From my perspective she says that there are bigger teams to chase than Mount Union... Really?  After how they celebrated their last victory over us (deservedly so), I don't think the football team feels that way. Could just be my perspective.

On another note, I didn't realize that they didn't have an indoor facility. Surprised with all of the support they have from alumni that this hasn't happened yet.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20180716/michelle-morgan-brings-big-resume-big-ideas-to-john-carroll-as-new-ad

I don't think she downplayed the Mount Union Rivalry. Just stated that she wants them to compete on the national stage:

QuoteQ St. Thomas plays big-time D-III college football, and the JCU football team has competed well with national power Mount Union. Can you envision a day when JCU can consistently post wins against Mount? (The Blue Streaks have beaten the Purple Raiders once since 1994.)

A That's my plan, and beyond that because there's bigger fish to fry than Mount Union. Football, yes Mount's the big cat, but you've got (national D-III powers) Mary-Hardin Baylor, Wisconsin Oshkosh, St. Thomas ... That's my expectations, to be competitive (with those schools). I'm just as competitive as any of these coaches or athletes here.

If I was Wilmington or Musky I'd be worried. Now that JCU has some St. Thomas blood in the building, they might try to hang 100 on some teams, Glen Style.

I noticed she didn't really mention St John's other than them being a key factor in the success of her game  at the Twins stadium. Those two always draw huge crowds for their games..at least 10,000+no matter  where the game is played. Been to plenty of those games and it's a must see in Collegeville!
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

Pat Coleman

Why would she mention St. John's outside of that context? It's not really relevant to her new role.

Michelle is really sharp, from having chatted with her when she was here in MN. I think she will do well.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

raiderpa

When does Frostburg lose DIII status and playoff eligibility?

jknezek

Quote from: raiderpa on July 17, 2018, 04:09:15 PM
When does Frostburg lose DIII status and playoff eligibility?

2019/2020 academic year is when their new conference membership invitation begins. Assuming they are approved by DII, which I don't think can happen until next spring/summer. They have yet to be approved, so while having an expectant conference home is an important step, it's not the defining step.

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: raiderguy on July 17, 2018, 10:31:48 AM

I noticed she didn't really mention St John's other than them being a key factor in the success of her game  at the Twins stadium. Those two always draw huge crowds for their games..at least 10,000+no matter  where the game is played. Been to plenty of those games and it's a must see in Collegeville!

Anyone think there a chance they would try a neutral field game with UMU in the future? Not sure that there is a real need for this as it hasn't been sold out often, but playing at Tom Benson or Infocision would be different.

wally_wabash

No specific mention of Wabash either.  The teams have a fierce one game rivalry dating back to 1961 and she didn't say a word.  The disrespect is real, y'all. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: wally_wabash on July 17, 2018, 05:17:56 PM
No specific mention of Wabash either.  The teams have a fierce one game rivalry dating back to 1961 and she didn't say a word.  The disrespect is real, y'all.

Well to be fair, no one in University Heights likes to talk about that school in Crawfordsville.. She's just doing what she needs to do to fit in. ;)
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: raiderguy on July 17, 2018, 10:31:48 AM

Mind you, this is my complete and total biased opinion, but I don't think she downplayed the Mount rivalry, nor do I think she downplayed Mount in general.

She simply stated that she wants to get JCU Football to the point where we can beat/compete against ALL National Powers. Even if we are to beat Mount every other year, it won't mean anything if we can't beat an Oshkosh, UMHB, Whitewater (hmm on second thought regarding the last one), in the playoffs.
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

SaintsFAN

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 17, 2018, 12:27:43 PM
Why would she mention St. John's outside of that context? It's not really relevant to her new role.

Michelle is really sharp, from having chatted with her when she was here in MN. I think she will do well.

Sounds like JCU caught a star, here. JMO
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

hsbsballcoach7

Was on campus recently and saw Geoff Dartt with a couple of other coaches. Just checked out his Twitter and it says he's a Mount Union coach again. I know he came back for medical treatment in Cleveland, so I hope all is well with him. It'll be nice to have him back on staff in any way, but I hope he takes care of himself first!

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 20, 2018, 10:01:00 PM
Was on campus recently and saw Geoff Dartt with a couple of other coaches. Just checked out his Twitter and it says he's a Mount Union coach again. I know he came back for medical treatment in Cleveland, so I hope all is well with him. It'll be nice to have him back on staff in any way, but I hope he takes care of himself first!

Coach Dartt is listed as ST Coordinator and TE Coach in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/umufootball/status/1020825989453148161?s=21
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Raider 68

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on July 21, 2018, 08:48:18 PM
Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 20, 2018, 10:01:00 PM

Coach Dartt is listed as ST Coordinator and TE Coach in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/umufootball/status/1020825989453148161?s=21

K & J's Dad,

Thanks for the post, glad to see Coach Dartt back at Mount! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Anyone hear any updates on the Fulford Legal Chronicles?
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017