FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

SaintsFAN

Quote from: desertraider on January 08, 2019, 12:05:31 AM
A piece of advice for Alabama...maybe stop wondering what NFL team you could beat and just prepare to play against college teams. Pre-game Bama fans "Roll Tide" post-game Clemson fans "Sore Hide"

Suddenly the Notre Dame loss to Clemson doesn't look as bad.

I said this the night Clemson beat Notre Dame:  People were too busy burying Notre Dame and therefore were sleeping on Clemson... Dabo had those kids peaking at the right time and they kicked it into another gear for its last two games. 

It felt good to be right for once.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

HScoach

There are very few things in sports more enjoyable that watching Alabama lose.  Only thing better than watching Alabama get blasted by anybody is an OSU victory over them.

I imagine my perspective on D1 is how 99% of D3 thinks about watching Mount lose.

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Saw on FootballScoop.com that Tom Manning and Matt Caponi are rumored to be heading to Iowa State with Campbell.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

formerd3db

Quote from: HScoach on January 18, 2019, 09:56:39 AM
There are very few things in sports more enjoyable that watching Alabama lose.  Only thing better than watching Alabama get blasted by anybody is an OSU victory over them.

I imagine my perspective on D1 is how 99% of D3 thinks about watching Mount lose.

I can't stand Alabama either (for various reasons, including their head coach), so I was glad to see that outcome. :)
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on January 18, 2019, 01:44:35 PM
Saw on FootballScoop.com that Tom Manning and Matt Caponi are rumored to be heading to Iowa State with Campbell.

Campbell is consolidating the troops in Ames.  Manning spending a year in Indy under Frank Reich (and Sirianni) isn't a bad thing for his development.

raiderpa

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on January 18, 2019, 01:44:35 PM
It was official on the Iowa State football website. This is a coup for Campbell, IMO.

bluenote

You guys are cool in my book... what are your hobbies outside football? LOL Just wondering I like to play Frizbzy golf! LOL!

Dr. Acula

I can't say I blame him.  He's graduating in May.  I'm not sure what his major is, but the only way I'd stick around is if JCU has a masters program in something beneficial to me.  As much as anyone loves their sport the cost of school these days makes playing a 5th year just for the sport a very pricey season. 

MUC57

HELP!

Glad to see some people posting. That being the case, hear my plea!

I'm in Alliance. The temperature is 1 degree. The wind chill is -8 degrees. We have been buried in snow. I can't get to my garage to get my car. Hell, I can't really get out of my house. All of the walks are covered. And it has just begun to snow again.

I have lots of food. Plenty of flashlights in case of a power failure. All the medicinal products I could ever need. My cats have plenty of dried food and canned food. I have coffee for the morning.

However; I have run out of beer. This is having an adverse effect on my well being. The weather situation has reached the crisis level. I'm at my wit's end.

So, if anyone could possibly drop off a 12 pack - even a six pack. Anything would help. A cold can of Bud Light would be great, for now! Just look for the house with the sign in the window that states "WE ARE MOUNT UNION". If you throw it up to me, i'll try to catch it.

I know I can count on our terrific posters from the OAC! Thanks in advance. 🍺🍺🍺🍺 ⛄️

P.S. If you could bring some tortilla chips and salsa, since I'm almost out of those, I would be very appreciative. You guys are the best! ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on January 21, 2019, 09:45:05 AM
JCU's Anthony Moeglin has decided to hang it up with one year of eligibility left. Congrats on your career and good luck with your future ambitions!
https://www.news-herald.com/sports/john-carroll-qb-anthony-moeglin-walks-away-from-football-with/article_8dddd7d4-1cf4-11e9-8dba-cfe25ad04ba3.html?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=tw-nhpreps&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social

Maybe he can be a Grad-Transfer to Akron and reunite with Coach Arth?  Just kidding.  Sort of...
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

formerd3db

Quote from: Dr. Acula on January 21, 2019, 11:04:58 AM
I can't say I blame him.  He's graduating in May.  I'm not sure what his major is, but the only way I'd stick around is if JCU has a masters program in something beneficial to me.  As much as anyone loves their sport the cost of school these days makes playing a 5th year just for the sport a very pricey season.

I agree with you, Dr. A.  Of course, everyone has to make their own decision based on what they believe is best for them and we all know that involves a variety of factors.  According to the JCU football website, his major is listed as Marketing and it also mentioned that he has interned with the Cleveland Indians in marketing as well as assisting in the JCU Sports Information Department.  I suspect that, in addition to the general consideration you mention i.e. the cost of a 5th year (unless a player is receiving a lot of need based and/or academic financial assistance to cut in to the high tuition-especially at JCU) probably another aspect may be that he just decided to go "out on top" as he had a great season personally as did his team.

Although we never know how things turn out, I would hate to make a decision to do another (final) year and have it turn out less than it was the year before (injury, less performance and/or worse team season overall l-that could be a potential regret for the rest of one's life.  Yet, again, that is the chance any one would take.

Just to share on this further; I know for me personally, way back in my day, I chose not to, even though I could have potentially received another year of eligibility. Having had the gracious privilege of making the ALL-MIAA 1st team defense my Senior year,  having been accepted into medical school, and the cost of tuition even back then, it was an easy decision for me.  Anyway, as has been said, I also join in in wishing Anthony all the best in the next chapter of his life and the career he enters into.  That, of course, is what this is all about in DIII as we all know and are in agreement with! 

"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

MUC57

I echo everyone's wishing Anthony Moeglin the best. As I've mentioned before, I talked to him quite a bit at the OAC Media Day. Super nice young man. Seemed well grounded and intelligent. A very handsome guy, he could probably make it in the movies. Anyway, best to him!   ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Raider 68

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on January 21, 2019, 03:08:29 PM
Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on January 21, 2019, 09:45:05 AM
JCU's Anthony Moeglin has decided to hang it up with one year of eligibility left. Congrats on your career and good luck with your future ambitions!
https://www.news-herald.com/sports/john-carroll-qb-anthony-moeglin-walks-away-from-football-with/article_8dddd7d4-1cf4-11e9-8dba-cfe25ad04ba3.html?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=tw-nhpreps&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social

Maybe he can be a Grad-Transfer to Akron and reunite with Coach Arth?  Just kidding.  Sort of...

Rocky Pentello played 8 years at Capital, why not Moeglin at JCU! ;D
13 time Division III National Champions