FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art76 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

sfury

Think I've told this story before but years ago in Cape Town, on the waterfront, I saw a girl walking toward me with a St. Ben's shirt. i stopped her and her mom and was like, "Hey, I'm a Johnnie! Hi! Small world! Johnnies! Bennies! Weird! Let's take a pic!" Or some such sort of convo. She looked at me, quite rightly, as if I was insane and possibly dangerous but her mom was excited and had us all take a pic before they quickly walked away.

OldAuggie

Quote from: DuffMan on January 18, 2019, 01:23:43 PM
Higher aspirations, OA!  ;)

(Arrgh.  No idea why it's sideways.)
Fantastic! Go Gophers and Ski-U-Mah!
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

Mr.MIAC

Quote from: sfury on January 18, 2019, 01:46:14 PM
Think I've told this story before but years ago in Cape Town, on the waterfront, I saw a girl walking toward me with a St. Ben's shirt. i stopped her and her mom and was like, "Hey, I'm a Johnnie! Hi! Small world! Johnnies! Bennies! Weird! Let's take a pic!" Or some such sort of convo. She looked at me, quite rightly, as if I was insane and possibly dangerous but her mom was excited and had us all take a pic before they quickly walked away.

Bennies are easily spooked, but it sounds like they respond well to prodding...

OzJohnnie

I had a similar experience which I may have told here.  The wife and I were driving in the city and as we pulled up to a stop light there were two girls in Bennie t-shirts waiting at the tram stop next to us.  I roll down the window and ask, "Hey, are you two Bennies?  I'm a Johnnie."  They sit uncomfortably trying to ignore me and the wife says, "You know you look like a pervert.  I'm glad those girls are ignoring you."
[  

faunch

For those of you that don't have children between 14-18 (maybe little older)...they will think you are a freak in a situation like mentioned above!! A couple years ago we were down in Clearwater Beach and riding bikes. I passed a kid wearing a CDH shirt (Cretin-Derham Hall....my girls went / go there)...I yelled Go CDH and my girls roasted me for a couple hours. They were "so embarrassed!" 

Eventually they will figure out the power and joy of connections and networking.

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

DuffMan

To be honest, Faunch, your wife was likely embarrassed, too.  ;)

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

BDB

Well, LA is a way bigger TV market than La.

Just sayin'. #nflconspiracy  ::)

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: 57Johnnie on January 20, 2019, 07:56:15 PM
Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 20, 2019, 07:18:45 PM
Well, LA is a way bigger TV market than La.

Just sayin'. #nflconspiracy  ::)
BINGO!

So, KC will be gifted a win over NE?  For the whole changing of the generations type thing?
[  

art76

Help me to remember to never complain about the officiating at the D3 level after watching the NFL games today - ugh.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

OzJohnnie

Quote from: art76 on January 20, 2019, 10:17:27 PM
Help me to remember to never complain about the officiating at the D3 level after watching the NFL games today - ugh.

I'm just following the score at work.  Who was screwed in the NE/KC game?  KC?  If so, that would be a surprise.  I thought the NFL would stick it to NE for sure.

(That missed PI against LA was criminal)
[  

Mr.MIAC

I hear Nick Sandmann has his heart set on attending SJ2. Discuss...

OzJohnnie

I can't recall where a blown call like in the LA/NO game actually affected the outcome. Usually they just work their way out in the wash but that one actually changed the result. Does anyone else recall a similar situation?
[  

BDB

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 21, 2019, 02:56:08 PM
I can't recall where a blown call like in the LA/NO game actually affected the outcome. Usually they just work their way out in the wash but that one actually changed the result. Does anyone else recall a similar situation?

Oh yes, the original "Hail Mary" pass. Another "No Call" pass interference.(Offensive)

Speculated to be the Vikings best team in that run of playoff years.

The ref that blew the call took a whisky bottle to the head at the end of the game, chucked by a disgruntled fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSnbcZYszbc

OzJohnnie

I did not know that. I've become so used to the abuse the Vikings put in their fans that intend to think we deserve what we get.
[