FB: Midwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbpuckfan

Chicago Converted on one of those turnovers to make it 21-14.

uC Stopped SNC got the ball back, got the touchdown, but Saint Norbert blocked the extra point. SNC leads 21-20 with 102 remaining.

SNC recovered the onside kick.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

gbpuckfan

Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

scottie

Nice business trip for Monmouth this weekend.
HEY PAL, DON'T BLOCK THE SHOT!

WW

Quote from: scottie on October 14, 2018, 01:27:45 PM

They'll have nuthin but business trips till Nov 10. So will Norby.

DoubleO

Quote from: scottie on September 29, 2018, 08:50:38 PM
Congrats to GC's Slager for his many tackles in a nail biter.
Sarcasm aside, GC's Ryan Slager is set to break the DIII record for career tackles. Impressive accomplishment.

scottie

Quote from: WW on October 15, 2018, 12:54:04 PM
Quote from: scottie on October 14, 2018, 01:27:45 PM

They'll have nuthin but business trips till Nov 10. So will Norby.

"Not so fast my friend!"  :)  They're next two games are at home.  Only remaining bus ride is a few miles down Hwy 34 for some Turkey business.

scottie

Okay, here's the match-ups for 10/20:

LFC @ Grinnell (LFC moves to 3-0 in the division while Slager records 3-0 tackles)
UofC @ Beloit (Chicago keeps hope alive with a W)
IC @ KC (Blue Boys grasping to keep season relevant with a the win on the road)
Cornell @ Monmouth (The train keeps rollin' for the Good Guys)
MAC @ Ripon (Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the GOW.)  You pick 'em.
SNC @ Larry (Upset alert!  Just kidding.)

WW

I think you're 6-for-6 there Scottie, including the coin flip game. I'd sure like to know Ripon qb Patton's status before calling that one.

"Upset alert..." ha! That's the trouble with this league. so predictable...

judgetrainer

"Upset alert" would not have been prediction at the start of the year. After apparently leaving all they had against Lake Forest, and a pile of injuries Lawrence now hopes for a win against Beloit next week.

I had hopes this would be the year where Lawrence could crawl into the middle tier. I was wrong. Very, very wrong.

scottie

So, serious question here.....  GC's Slager "shatters" the DIII tackle record on Saturday, while the team is winless in the MWC and riding a five-game stretch where they've been outscored 251-14.  What is the mood in the locker room after the game?

gbpuckfan

SNC can take a major step towards the North title with a win against Macalester this week in De Pere. SNC plays Beloit to close out the regular season.

And the South title will also likely be decided, as Lake Forest travels to Monmouth.

bluenote

What ever happened to that school that had a great Library and Cafeteria?  :o

WW

Quote from: gbpuckfan on October 21, 2018, 10:15:36 PM
SNC can take a major step towards the North title with a win against Macalester this week in De Pere. SNC plays Beloit to close out the regular season.

And the South title will also likely be decided, as Lake Forest travels to Monmouth.

Some very early "what-iffing"... Presume SNC and Monmouth win out to set up title game at SNC. If SNC wins, does Monmouth still get an at-large into the tournament at 8-2? I know MWC rarely gets two bids and 2-loss invites are also rare but the Scots' win over Wartburg continues to sparkle after the Knights put a whuppin on Central. A loss to Wheaton, but Wheaton is tracking toward 8-2, so not a bad loss. I think they'd belong in the conversation.

An SNC loss, however, almost certainly ends their season at 8-2. There would be no quality wins on their resume. Not to mention, that loss to 3-4 Eau Claire left a mark. SNC must be MWC champion to move on.

If Monmouth gets in at 9-1, I think they'd get a winnable home game first round before they'd get fed to Whitewater or St Johns.

Pat Coleman

If an 8-2 team goes it will be someone with a stronger schedule and not someone with a hypothetical loss to St. Norbert.

The win against Wartburg is nice but Wartburg has two losses and I'm not sure they'll be regionally ranked.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

judgetrainer

I agree with Pat on this topic. The MWC is not strong enough to dream of two bids.

I watched the first half of the SNC at LU game last Saturday. The final score was predictable but SNC really did not impress on offense. Why are they trying the triple option?