BB: ASC: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 29, 2005, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Bmo on March 10, 2024, 10:07:55 PMDumb question probably, but I noticed this footnote on ASC baseball standings page. 

https://ascsports.org/standings.aspx?path=baseball

It says that Sul Ross is "Ineligible for ASC and NCAA Championships (NCAA Division II reclassifying)."  Wouldn't UT Dallas also be ineligible?  Didn't UT Tyler win the national championship the year before they reclassified?  Why would Sul Ross be treated differently?
I think that UT-Tyler's paperwork began after the "title". I also think that this applies to UTD, who is moving to D-2.

Ralph Turner

I will temper my exuberance concerning the 13-5 win by McMurry over UW-Whitewater. They really got to pitchers Eli Frank (Junior, Bay Port, WI) and Cade Hansen (a sophomore who played at New Braunfels Smithson Valley).

Looks like the UWW coach was trying out his bullpen staff against a middle-of-the road ASC team.

Ron Boerger

UT-D has been eligible for championships all year; they made the announcement on July 20th, 2023 but they have not been approved to transition yet by the NCAA.  Sul Ross announced their D2 transition in January 2023, were approved to transition by the NCAA on July 13, so are in transition year 1 (of 3) this season and are thus ineligible.