WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester1390

Rog. I reached out to a guy who knows all things Minnesota girls basketball to see his report on her 

Jester1390

Rog. My guy got back to me. He saw her play twice he thinks but can't remeber any specific on her which may not be a good sign. This guy knows a lot

RogK

RogK

lmitzel

Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

If they stick with the 14-round time frame, four teams will* play 13 and five teams will play 12.
With a 9 team league, 9 rounds of 4 games yield 8 played by each team.
And of course 18 rounds yield the normal full 16 game conference schedule.
No quantity between 9 and 18 will produce a balanced schedule.
*barring cancellations, obviously

RogK

My previous post is defective, specifically "No quantity (of rounds) between 9 and 18 will produce a balanced schedule."
If six teams play in a round and three get a bye, each team could have one home and one road game during a three-round segment.
So let's say 9 rounds are played with only one team getting a bye. This yields 8 games (4 home 4 away) played per team, as in the first half of a regular conference schedule.
In round 10, teams A B and C get a bye, round 11 has D E and F on bye, round 12 G H and I.
After 12 rounds, each team would total 5 home and 5 road games.
The "bye teams" in rounds 10-12 could possibly make up a game or two postponed during earlier rounds.

Jester1390

Rose has their first positive test for a player today.  They were going to keep players during break but now practices have been cancelled.   Their game on dec 5 against Adrian is still on at this point

GoPerry

Quote from: RogK on November 19, 2020, 10:02:50 PM
My previous post is defective, specifically "No quantity (of rounds) between 9 and 18 will produce a balanced schedule."
If six teams play in a round and three get a bye, each team could have one home and one road game during a three-round segment.
So let's say 9 rounds are played with only one team getting a bye. This yields 8 games (4 home 4 away) played per team, as in the first half of a regular conference schedule.
In round 10, teams A B and C get a bye, round 11 has D E and F on bye, round 12 G H and I.
After 12 rounds, each team would total 5 home and 5 road games.
The "bye teams" in rounds 10-12 could possibly make up a game or two postponed during earlier rounds.

Wheaton just announced that they will begin Spring Semester remote only and not until Jan 19.  Best case scenario maybe students back on campus Feb 1st?  8th?  Obviously athletes could possibly return sooner.

With positivity at 15% or so in Illinois ( and much higher in neighboring states) right now, probably the best we could hope for in December/January is that things are about the same.  But even in that very optimistic circumstance, I find it hard to believe the CCIW President's would vote for competition to begin.  I hope I'm wrong on all that.

RogK

The new Elmhurst roster :
https://elmhurstbluejays.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster
Kween Jean is the most prominent of those eligible to return but are not listed.
And now I go back to the tv and a Barnaby Jones rerun.

GoPerry

Quote from: Titan Q on November 22, 2020, 08:56:59 AM
An article on IWU's Kendall Sosa...

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-wesleyan/watch-now-illinois-wesleyan-senior-basketball-player-kendall-sosa-eats-up-the-competition/article_c7edcb00-d82f-58e3-afaf-e2fd6bb23f7f.html

I was looking forward to a very interesting league race this season with the Titans, North Park and Millikin all right there and Wheaton a bit of a question mark.  Kendall Sosa was a cinch 1st or 2nd team preseason AA and deserving of some national notoriety.  I wasn't going to relish her torching the Thunder twice (at least), but following her other performances over the season was promising to be pretty special.  I guess we'll see.

iwu70

I'm so hoping we'll get to see Kendall Sosa play this year.

IWU'70

RogK

A question for Greg Sager : during any of your broadcasts, have you complained that some particular ref is "blind in both ears"?
If not, wouldn't you concur that such a clever quip should be used as often as is possible?

Gregory Sager

1. No.
2. Depends upon how much you're willing to pay me to say it on the air. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell