Conference Tournament Pick Pool

Started by tartanpride2016, February 22, 2020, 01:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tartanpride2016

Hello all,

Please alert me to someone else's thread if this steps on someone's toes. I do not want to overlap someone else's established competition/hard work.

My friends and I have played a Conference Tournament Pool for D1 for a number of years, and I wanted to bring it to Division 3.

How it works:
We select the winners of each conference tournament. If your team wins the conference tournament, you get the points total equal to their seed.
For example, picking #1 Seed Mount Union would get you 1 point if they win the OAC, but picking #8 Otterbein would get you 8 points if they win the OAC.
This creates some incentive to take some chances, as you are rewarded with correct risks taken, but minimizes the penalty for getting them wrong.

As this takes some work to set up, I wanted to see if anyone was interested in playing. I would attach an Excel sheet with the point values for each conference, and then you could fill your picks out here. I would keep score and share results on the thread.

Please let me know if you would like to play, and what conferences you would like to see included.
Right now my plan is to include the ARC, CCIW, MIAA, MIAC, Midwest, NCAC, OAC and WIAC at a minimum, but I would add any/all conferences that people want to pick.

If you could respond with interest by tomorrow, I could have the sheet up tomorrow night. The pick deadline would be prior to the tipoff of any games, which currently is Tuesday at 7:00 based upon the leagues included.

Go Scots.
-tartanpride2016

FCGrizzliesGrad

I know we've done something like that before but not in a few years.

Conferences to add: HCAC (homer pick but it's also wide open this year), other non-unanimously picked conferences: ASC, CCC, Land, LEC, NWC
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Greek Tragedy

Any league where I don't have to do the work is a good league. I'd probably play.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Smitty Oom