Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Fox

I was in Cleveland on March 27.
I saw a UWSP sweatshirt in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
I'm sure it is a common sight in that area, but it is my first UWSP sighting.
Fierce When Roused

HSCTiger74

I don't know if any other schools have done this so it may not be that unusual, but today I saw a sign for the local Adopt-a-Highway program saying that a particular stretch of road had been adopted by the Charlotte chapter of Roanoke College alumni. Well done, Maroons.
TANSTAAFL

Ralph Turner

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on April 10, 2013, 12:01:01 AM
I don't know if any other schools have done this so it may not be that unusual, but today I saw a sign for the local Adopt-a-Highway program saying that a particular stretch of road had been adopted by the Charlotte chapter of Roanoke College alumni. Well done, Maroons.
The Adopt-a-Highway program originated in Tyler TX.   ;)

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Gray Fox on April 09, 2013, 06:25:56 PM
I was in Cleveland on March 27.
I saw a UWSP sweatshirt in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
I'm sure it is a common sight in that area, but it is my first UWSP sighting.

A Point sweatshirt in Cleveland...that can't be that common. I rarely see UW stuff when I visit IL, let alone OH.

Good find!

Knightstalker

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on April 10, 2013, 12:01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

hickory_cornhusker

Just saw an older woman in a Salem State sweatshirt in a Starbucks in eastern Wisconsin.

HSCTiger74

CNU Mom and CNU Dad stickers on the rear window of an suv in south Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

Hawks88

Prius with a Rhodes sticker at a red light in Auburn today.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Hawks88 on April 27, 2013, 04:51:00 PM
Prius with a Rhodes sticker at a red light in Auburn today.
Altho' that is an SAA school in SAA country...   ;)

War Eagle!

Warren Thompson

Several years ago we stopped for lunch in Ohio on a trip to Minnesota, and the waitress, noticing my wife's St. Olaf sweatshirt, inquired, "there's really a St. Olaf ?" (apparently she was thinking of Rose Nylund's [aka Betty White's] fictional home town in The Golden Girls).

HSCTiger74

Last week - Lynchburg College window decal while stopped at a light in Charlotte.
Today - Kenyon window decal on a car in traffic, also in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

02 Warhawk

St. Thomas sticker on the side of a car just outside of Milwaukee.

I'm noticing more and more UST stuff in SE Wisconsin....almost not worth mentioning anymore.

Ralph Turner

Whitworth license tag holder on a Honda sedan on LBJ freeway in Dallas on Saturday.  (There was a Longhorn trunk ornament on the left side.)

02 Warhawk

Spotted a Muhlenberg shirt while visiting friends in NY.

02 Warhawk

Just got back from a week in South Dakota (which is not exactly DIII territory). But I've managed to spot an Augustana and a DePauw sweatshirt, as well as a Tufts t-shirt (all in the same day).