BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Mr. Downtown on April 05, 2006, 10:22:41 PM
First, Superior would have a hard time winning the WIAA Championship, little lone the WIAC.

Just FYI, the phrase is "let alone" -- not "little lone."
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

BDB

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 06, 2006, 12:16:33 AM
Quote from: Mr. Downtown on April 05, 2006, 10:22:41 PM
First, Superior would have a hard time winning the WIAA Championship, little lone the WIAC.

Just FYI, the phrase is "let alone" -- not "little lone."

Maybe Downtown meant they were a little lonely since they have to travel so damn far everytime they play a conference away game.  ;)

Just Bill

April 5th
UW-La Crosse 3, UW-Platteville 1
UW-La Crosse 8, UW-Platteville 6

UW-Oshkosh 10, UW-Whitewater 4
UW-Whitewater 13, UW-Oshkosh 4

UW-Stevens Point 15, UW-Stout 5 (7 innings)
UW-Stevens Point 7, UW-Stout 2

Standings:
SP:  5-0
OSH:  5-1
LC:  3-3
ST:  3-3
WW:  1-1
SUP:  0-4
PLT:  0-5
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

1_For_27

Can anyone elaborate on the first UWW vs. Slopgosh game?  Last I heard it was 3-3 in the 6th and what was the story from there?

badgerwarhawk

WHITEWATER[/color] scored in the sixth and it was 4-3 after 7..  The  WW[/color] starter was tiring and we made a pitching change.  He kept falling behind the hitters and Oshkosh jumped on him and his successor for 8 hits and 7 runs over the last two innings. Their pitcher kept the ball down, they made the defensive plays and we couldn't get anything going against him.  That's the gist of it. 

We did pretty much the same thing to them in game two turning a close game into a blow out with a 6 run inning and pounding on their relief staff. 

The box scores on our website include a play by play so you can read what happened if you want to.

"Just think twice is my only advice."

BDB

I attended both games Saturday. BW, where were you?  ;)

Some sloppy baseball by the Devils kept them from getting a win. Against Whitewater a team just can't do things to beat themselves and expect a chance to win.

Example: In game 2 during a mid-game mini rally, Stout found themselves with 2 base runners on 3rd base.  :-[

Sure was nice to watch some baseball. Maybe the Devils can get it done today.

badgerwarhawk

No, BDB, I wasn't in Stout this weekend.  Actually I was in Phoenix basking in 86 degree weather and hangin by the hotel pool.  Watched a little Brewer/Diamondback action on the local tv.   Saw the BADGER[/color] hockey win at a sportsbar called the Tilted Kilt, a hooters spin off with a Scottish flair.  If you're ever in Phoenix I highly recommend it.  :D 

WARHAWKS[/color] get both Sunday games too.   In game one they rally from a 2-0 to go up 7-2 before Stout scores 3 in the bottom of the eighth for a 7-5 final.   Stout has 4 errors in that one but we weren't exactly sterling with 3 ourselves. 

In game two the WARHAWKS[/color] jump on top 7-0 and cruise to a 10-4 win. 

Excellent weekend for the WARHAWKS[/color].  We really needed to take all four of these and the mission was accomplished. 

Hats off to LaCrosse who takes 3 of 4 from pre-season favorite Stevens Point.   Nice job Eagle and thanks. 

Just Bill

April 8-9
UW-La Crosse 6, UW-Stevens Point 2
UW-La Crosse 9, UW-Stevens Point 6
UW-Stevens Point 14, UW-La Crosse 1 (7 innings)
UW-La Crosse 5, UW-Stevens Point 2

UW-Platteville 8, UW-Superior 0
UW-Platteville 11, UW-Superior 0 (7 innings)
UW-Platteville 11, UW-Superior 0 (7 innings)
UW-Platteville 11, UW-Superior 1 (7 innings)

UW-Whitewater 12, UW-Stout 10
UW-Whitewater 11, UW-Stout 4
UW-Whitewater 7, UW-Stout 5
UW-Whitewater 10, UW-Stout 4

Standings
OSH  5-1
WW  5-1
SP    6-3
LC    6-4
PLT   4-5
ST    3-7
SUP  0-8

Great weekend for the Eagles and a blow to the Pointers.  That cancelled game against Platteville might come back to haunt Point at the end of the year.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

janesvilleflash

Could someone tell me how far you have to walk to get to the stands at the new UWO field. I've got a bad knee and can't go too far. Thanks.
If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWKS[/color] take both ends of today's doublehitter 12-2 in seven and 9-3 in game two.  Jacobson throws a 2 hitter with 9 Ks and  Nick Teach, Eddie Adamson and Bill Gorman total 10 rbi in the first one.  Adam Dominick goes 6.2 giving up three runs and Greg Riek and Jay Grutzmacher finish things up in game two.  Adamson drives in three more. 

LaCrosse got a split with Oshkosh so the WARHAWKS[/color] moved into sole possession of first place in the conference standings but, obviously, there's a long way to go yet.

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWKS[/COLOR] and Platteville split yesterday's doublehitter with Platteville rallying from an 11-4 deficit after 5 complete to score 10 runs against the relief pitchers and pull out the win 14-13.  Base on balls and errors killed us in that one. 

The Pioneer took the early lead 2-0 in game two but WHITEWATER[/color] plated five runs in the second inning to go ahead 5-2.  The Pioneer rallied for three in the third to tie the game 5-5 but the WARHAWKS[/color]  bats came alive and they got five strong innings of relief from a freshman for the 11-5 win.

I will never mention our position in the standings again until the season is completed.  Sheeze, what the hell was I thinking.   

Oshkosh takes two from LaCrosse to win 3 of their 4 games.  Stout sweeps Superior on both days.  Stevens Point was idle.

titan2000

Quite a few folks in Appleton at the 2005 NCAA tourney thought that Whitewater may have been the worst championship team in NCAA history.

"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong." Abraham Lincoln

Ralph Turner

Quote from: titan2000 on April 16, 2006, 02:47:30 PM
Quite a few folks in Appleton at the 2005 NCAA tourney thought that Whitewater may have been the worst championship team in NCAA history.

Yeah, and that is like the old joke.

"Do you what they call the guy who graduated last in his class in medical school?"

"Doctor!" :D  ;D  ;)

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 16, 2006, 03:23:56 PM
Yeah, and that is like the old joke.

"Do you what they call the guy who graduated last in his class in medical school?"

"Doctor!" :D  ;D  ;)

That's not from personal experience, right? :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: titan2000 on April 16, 2006, 02:47:30 PM

ROTFLMFAO   

It makes one wonder what they would have thought of either Oshkosh or Lawrence if they'd had a chance to see them.