BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubs

Quote from: Titan20 on November 16, 2008, 04:10:58 PM
oshkosh will have 4 pitchers this year throwing over 87...and two of those over 90...should be a good starting rotation
1. Rubens
2. R. Demmin
3. Kannenberg
4. ???

Am I close?

2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Titan20

you are right on...a freshman..brandon lenz hit 87 on scout day...
and for the movement, rubens is known as well is ryan d to have movement...kanny has good stuff and lenz is getting there.  if all goes well and they stay healthy, should be an exciting year

baseball20586

I heard that Whitewater had a Freshman hit 92 or 93 on scout day. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

BigPoppa

Quote from: baseball20586 on November 25, 2008, 05:53:55 PM
I heard that Whitewater had a Freshman hit 92 or 93 on scout day. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

My sources place it at 90 on a gun that may not be as accurate as reported. The gun had not been calibrated in about 2-3 years.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

BaseballFan

i heard he topped 88 with a crow hop and a mighty tail wind

baseball20586

I heard that Multiple Guns at scout day had him in the low 90's.

BaseballFan

I was only joking around!...well if you heard that then you must know who it is, so please share!

baseball20586

I didn't get a name so i was hoping that someone else may have heard and knows who it is?

Jack Parkman

Quote from: baseball20586 on November 25, 2008, 05:53:55 PM

Why is he playing at a D-III if he is popping 92?  Honestly, that makes no sense at all.

BaseballFan

Yea i dont know if I believe a freshman was hitting 92/93. Every high schooler i knew that hit 90+ was either drafted or D1 or both. Guess i will just have to see it to believe it

baseball20586

I know a former player at WW who still is around the team from time to time and he confirmed that a Freshman sat in the low 90's on their scout day.  He didn't know the name but he knows that the guy is a Sophmore in school but has Freshman eligability. 

BigPoppa

Quote from: baseball20586 on December 02, 2008, 01:35:42 AM
I know a former player at WW who still is around the team from time to time and he confirmed that a Freshman sat in the low 90's on their scout day.  He didn't know the name but he knows that the guy is a Sophmore in school but has Freshman eligability. 

Why don't you just tell us that it is you?!
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

ballfan55

Quote from: BaseballFan on December 01, 2008, 10:25:02 PM
Yea i dont know if I believe a freshman was hitting 92/93. Every high schooler i knew that hit 90+ was either drafted or D1 or both. Guess i will just have to see it to believe it

Some choose to stay in the state and play DIII because despite the fact that they get a scholarship it may not be a full ride and the cost of a school out of state may be more than going to an i in-state D3 school.  What did Koback through in HS?  He stayed.

baseball20586

Quote from: BigPoppa on December 02, 2008, 08:55:27 AM
Quote from: baseball20586 on December 02, 2008, 01:35:42 AM

Why don't you just tell us that it is you?!

HAHA i wish it was me, i was toppin out at 86, haha maybe touched 88 if the wind was at my back

OshDude

Quote from: BaseballFan on December 01, 2008, 10:25:02 PM
MLB will find players anywhere, if that's the player's goal. Probably won't be a Boras client with a lot of zeros on the first contract, but in D-III you'll get scouted/drafted.
I've spoken with several D-I to D-III transfers (not all baseball players, but a few). The most common reason was D-I took the fun out of playing. I heard "It was like a job" quite often. And if it's a partial scholarship, like most sports, I've heard "It just wasn't worth it" a lot. If the athletes are from Wisconsin, WIAC tuition is usually less than D-I tuition with a partial.