FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewdogg11

Quote from: kate on November 20, 2011, 06:47:08 PM
This is in response to Warren Thompson's post #5395 @ 4:51 pm, yes Warren what you're referring to has just happened four years in a row!  No more "trash talk" from me, i'll just let the Aggies do the talking on Saturday afternoon.  GO DEL VAL!!!!! PS: sorrry i don't know how to work the quote part of this site.

I agree, quoting is pretty difficult...

(FYI - there is a 'quote' button on the upper right hand corner of every post made.  All you need to do is click it)  :-)

kate

Yes, Lew Dogg, i see it now :( - "word" to you, too  :-\

jmcozenlaw

Lyco80 - WOW!!! The Eagles laid the wood to the Giants last night:)

Lyco80

Yeah - now if they can just play that way another six games they may actually amount to something this year - but - they ARE - 3-1 in the Division which may be important at the end if all the teams finish around .500.  Thanks for the shout.

ATB

gordonmann

I won't be online much over the holidays so might as well post this now...

St. John Fisher (9-2)
vs.
Delaware Valley (11-0)

The NCAA playoffs roll on with a rematch of a 2004 playoff match-up. Kickoff is 12 pm with pregame coverage at 11:40. Click here to listen.

Whatever your team of choice, have a great Thanksgiving.

wesleydad

gordon, happy thanksgiving to you too.  I wish I could be there cause it is going to be a good one.  Sorry I have a date in Dover.

kate

The Absolute, Very Best Luck to the Aggies of Delaware Valley College as they take on St. John Fisher tomorrow at noon in Doylestown!!!  SJF has certainly proven the NCAA committee right in their at large selection, and it won't be an easy game, but GO DEL VAL!!!

kate

Congratulations to St. John Fisher beating the Aggies this afternoon 24/14.  I especially liked it when announcer Gordon Mann said how about a re-match next season!  Now, we'll just say go SJF.  The Aggies truly had an amazing season!

boobyhasgameyo

Quote from: Lyco80 on November 20, 2011, 07:12:21 AM
It would appear that Norwich was not as good a team as Lebanon Valley College - given their lack of output against DVC.  The MAC often has better teams who do not win the league than other league champions.  This does not take anything away from the Aggies but it does show the quirky construction of the current pairing system in D-3.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ATB

As is the case with the Empire 8.  Our runner ups often have better teams than other league's champions. 

The final score was Fisher 27-14.  Good game Del Val.  It was tough to exhale at any point during the game given what happened in 2004...

gordonmann

Yep. Congrats to the Cards.  They played great.  Very physical up front. That's the stuff national title contenders are made of.

Good luck in Minnesota (St. Thomas is leading now).

wesleydad

gordon, fisher is good, did the inexperience finally catch up with the Aggies?  Very promising for the next couple of years with those offensive players.

Upstate

Quote from: wesleydad on November 26, 2011, 05:37:06 PM
gordon, fisher is good, did the inexperience finally catch up with the Aggies?  Very promising for the next couple of years with those offensive players.

Agree, they are in good shape with that QB who looks to have a great future ahead of him!
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

gordonmann

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Actually it was a combination of two things from my view: sloppiness in some areas and St. John Fisher's strength.

Del Val had over 100 yards of penalties, four interceptions and a botched snap on a punt. Not the things victories are made of.  But even with fewer interceptions and penalties, I'm not sure if they would've beaten Fisher today. The Cards were big, fast, strong and disciplined.  They earned the win.

Del Val brings back a lot on offense next year. The quarterback is a freshman, top tailback a sophomore and one of the top receivers a sophomore. Defense takes some hits but Clements always finds a way to replenish on that side.

SUADC

Congrats to Delaware Valley on a tremendous season. I definitely see you guys in the playoffs for years to come.

SJFF82

Quote from: gordonmann on November 26, 2011, 06:42:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Actually it was a combination of two things from my view: sloppiness in some areas and St. John Fisher's strength.

Del Val had over 100 yards of penalties, four interceptions and a botched snap on a punt. Not the things victories are made of.  But even with fewer interceptions and penalties, I'm not sure if they would've beaten Fisher today. The Cards were big, fast, strong and disciplined.  They earned the win.

Del Val brings back a lot on offense next year. The quarterback is a freshman, top tailback a sophomore and one of the top receivers a sophomore. Defense takes some hits but Clements always finds a way to replenish on that side.

I think most of the penalty yardage was personal foul type stuff near end of game...