FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HScoach

Quote from: emma17 on February 13, 2014, 07:18:47 PM
...... Mt was so different looking this year.

I was saying that from the pre-season scrimmage against W&J up to the Stagg, but nobody wanted to listen.   
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

emma17

Quote from: HScoach on February 14, 2014, 06:37:26 AM
Quote from: emma17 on February 13, 2014, 07:18:47 PM
...... Mt was so different looking this year.

I was saying that from the pre-season scrimmage against W&J up to the Stagg, but nobody wanted to listen.

I figured you were Lou Holtzing

HScoach

Lou Holtzing?    Not my style.

Nor do I drool on myself when speaking.    Usually.

I try to be remove the fan's opinion from my perspective as much as possible and look at them analytical as an impartial observer.   The joy and excitement however is very much fan based.    The last two semi-finals are why I'm willing to travel to Wilmington to do a game nobody listens to.   That's as exciting as a football game can be.   Right up there with the first Stagg and 3 OT game against JCU.

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

bleedpurple

Quote from: HScoach on February 15, 2014, 08:13:14 AM

I try to be remove the fan's opinion from my perspective as much as possible and look at them analytical as an impartial observer.   The joy and excitement however is very much fan based.    The last two semi-finals are why I'm willing to travel to Wilmington to do a game nobody listens to.   That's as exciting as a football game can be.   Right up there with the first Stagg and 3 OT game against ICU.

Which is why you are right way more often than you are wrong and why you are well respected on the boards. +k

And +K to Emma17 for keeping good conversation going during the off-season.

TailGate

More Mount Commits

Berry Grant   DL   6-0   245   Sylvania, OH
Andrew Campbell    DB    6-0   185   Penn High School  Mishawaka, IN
Cole Parrish    OL/DL   6-2  260    Creedmoor, NC

D-line impact ......

Article on Ryan Drew:  http://dailyadvocate.com/news/sports/3630856/Drew-to-pursue-national-championships-at-Mount-Union

Dr. Acula

I like that Drew played DE and LB and plays basketball too.  Sounds like a kid that's pretty athletic.  At 6'3" 235 he has nice size coming in.  No wonder the coaches told him he could play early.

Raider 68

Quote from: bleedpurple on February 15, 2014, 11:23:55 AM
Quote from: HScoach on February 15, 2014, 08:13:14 AM

I try to be remove the fan's opinion from my perspective as much as possible and look at them analytical as an impartial observer.   The joy and excitement however is very much fan based.    The last two semi-finals are why I'm willing to travel to Wilmington to do a game nobody listens to.   That's as exciting as a football game can be.   Right up there with the first Stagg and 3 OT game against ICU.

Which is why you are right way more often than you are wrong and why you are well respected on the boards. +k

And +K to Emma17 for keeping good conversation going during the off-season.

Well said and I agree and thanks to Emma17 to keep it going during this long. long winter! +K
13 time Division III National Champions

TailGate

Another one...

Izaiha Pitts    DB    6-0    186    Paramus, NJ

thewaterboy

Quote from: TailGate on February 05, 2014, 05:00:08 PM
More for Mount Union

Corey Spicer   TE/DE  6-1, 220  Kent, OH
Chandler Samargia  LB  5-11, 200  Warren, OH
Tyler Balla  RB/LB  5-7, 165  New Kensington, PA
Colin Calloway  WR  6-1, 185   Kentwood, MI
Dakarai Johnson  OL 6-0, 280 Euclid, OH

Am a personal/neighborhood friend of Mr. Spicer. He's a great dude. Mount is lucky to have someone like him. Not fun to be on the receiving end when he hits you (at least in backyard football  :)

theaprof

Don't know much about him, but Brandon Williams, who was a DI scholarship track athlete at UC Riverside transferred in this semester because he wants to play football here in the fall.  Nice young man--says he has a friend on the team that convinced him to come here to finish up.

http://www.gohighlanders.com/roster.aspx?path=&rp_id=1720

Getting a second major while he is here.
Reloading--Again, and again, and again....

Dr. Acula

Must be a friend of Roy Fowler's. He went to Livermore HS also.  Have fun and pick up a 2nd degree...getting a job can wait!  Wish I would have thought of that. Haha.

purple

Hey Count Dracula..the most famous of Mount's baseball-football players is none other than Dom Capers.

Raider 68

Congrats to the Raider Men's Basketball for winning the conference championship! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

QuoteCleveland Browns: Per source, Toledo linebackers / special teams coordinator Stan Watson has accepted a position on the Browns' staff. We hear Watson's role will be assistant special teams coordinator with the Browns.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

HScoach

^   Wow.   If true, huge congrats to Stan Watson!