University Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkSide-D

Thanks CWRU70.  The new field sounds great.  Can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks.  I wish I would have had the opportunity to have played on it rather than the old, um, field.

bch580

The opener at Case yesterday was amazing.  The new stadium is beautiful.  The place was packed and the fans were crazy.  Case's defense played tough, and Rosenbury must have averaged 5 yards a carry on.  Hopefully its more of the same in two weeks when the Scots visit.

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

frank uible

A good friend's home was located  about where the south end zone is now found. Bring back Warren Lahr and the Red Cats!

ADL70

Frank:
On Oct 1 CWRU will be commemorating the Red Cat v Roughrider Thanksgiving Day games, the last in 1953.  Lahr would have played in those.  At one time they played at both League Park and Municipal Stadum.  Glad to see some recognition of tradition.  Now if we can get the new stadium dressed out with some banners honoring the teams and players of the past.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

frank uible

70: I saw Lahr play in some of them. Sadly he is long gone. Some of the Thanksgiving Day games were also played on the Adelbert field. Perhaps some at Shaw Field.

ADL70

The last Thanksgiving one was played at Clarke Field on Adelbert in 53.  The 67 game was played at Shaw.  The last one in 69 at Finnigan Field.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

cmutartan

well sounds like a few people are following case out there...don't forget about cmu...lot of potential on that team this year....plus they might as well have not shown up last year against case, everyone knows they gave them that one

ADL70

Welcome Tartan:

Give us some info on that potential, if you want us to not forget CMU.  Beating Hiram was a given and GCC seems on the decline if their opening loss is an indication.  How will you fare against Hopkins in a week?

You will find CWRU vastly improved at QB over the squad that won last year.  As I recall, Rosenbury had a big day and the D shut down the wing T pretty well.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

4u

cmu tar tar,
You gave Case that one last year?  I thought every game was played on the field.  You can not go with the "we gave them that game" line when we're talking about college football.  Played badly- o.k.!  Were just plain flat- fair enough.  Don't use the gave it away card, though.  I'm an out-of-town Case fan but all indications are that they are continuing to improve.  The roster is fairly talented and the recent Spartan teams have all been well coached.  I imagine your guys will give Case all they can handle but don't count them out completely-- unless of course your guys don't show up!?!
4u
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve "Pre" Prefontaine

e_lee

Can anyone tell me about Angelo Mirando's injury? I saw that the Case site said that he was hurt.

Thanks.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

ADL70

I caught one of the asst coaches as he was going to the press box after the half.  Didn't get much info, but was told it was after effects from the Denison game.  The coach said he'd "be ready to go next week."  I sure hope so.  Harvey was competent, but lacks the added dimension of Mirando's rushing ability
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

e_lee

Thanks for the info.  Glad to know its not serious. I am guess ing that if it were a big game he could have played.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

ADL70

This week's opponent is the season's toughest.  And the Fish Stringer is on the line.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

4u

cwru70-
The Spartans are hurting at many positions.  The o-line is particularly banged up and the RB is feeling the wrath of 70 carries in two games.  I think one of theri better defensive playes may have been lost for the year.  I would expect the Spartans to keep the banged-up guys on the sidelines and find out what they have in some of their reserves (no pun intended).  I don't know how they can hang with Wooster based on their injuries and lack of depth.  I hope they rest the guys who need it and get past Defiance next week to improve to 4-1,
4u
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve "Pre" Prefontaine