FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsufan

BASEMAN201--Since you have an interest in CURF maybe you can tell me what their plans are when the IBC breaks up.  I am sure they will keep playing, but where? :)

Gomer Pyle

The games on Oct 8th will be game 6 for some and at this point in time nothing earth shaking has happened.  Weak teams getting blasted by the upper echelon teams is the norm. Again this shows there is no parity in the IBFC. 5 teams with (1) win in conference play. (2) still looking for a "W".
  The schedule this week will not change the standings to any great degree as there will be no
surprises. IMO, the best game this week will be
  Greenville vs Eureka. Both are 1 and1 in conference play meaning a win by either team would put them in a tie for second place With
  Aurora who, by the way, will take BU. If i`m wrong i`m sure you will re-educate me.
   So my picks for this weeks(10/8) are :

(1)  Lakeland over Mac.  Mac will get blasted as
      lakeland needs to show they can "beat-up" on
      a better than average team. Look at last year, Mac had a pretty good team but got hammered .
      This years team (Mac) hasn`t shown much as they are 1-1 in conference play.
    (2) Aurora vs Benedictine:  This looks to be a train wreck for BU.  With out a conference win
   and Au coming off what some thought was a "we was robbed" game last week, AU will roll. Give the players at BU their props though as they show up and play!
   (3) Con,W vs Con,Ill:  What can you say? CW is tied for the conference lead, playing good football
   and could be .........could be on top at the end of the season.
   Concordia,Ill is 0-2 in conference play and headed south. They are some what like Bu in that they come to play but just don`t have (enough) good players to really compete with most of the IBC teams. Coaching changes,bad weather,etc so noted.
  (4) Greenville vs Eureka: Both are 1-1 in conference play and one will be tied for 2nd in the IBC after the game.........for a while anyway.
   This is a "pick-m" game as they are about even.
   Looks to be a really good D-3 game. No body is going to run up the score but just play and have fun.
   My comments are not ment to ruffle any feathers.

Gomer Pyle

D3Somebody: You mentioned the lack of stats being posted at BU.  My guess, the schools SID
  is not doing his/her job.  If you look at the Mac football site you`ll se the same .........nothing.
  In fact they still have 2004 information still posted . Talk about a lame site. ]
   Some of the "bigger" named schools in D3 have some really sharp football sites. Well laid out,
  nice clear pictures and the most importantly  they are always kept current.  Mount Union just to name one.
  Lots of "viewers" look to these sites for information and i`m sure there are other reasons
so you would think somebody,,,,,,,anybody would
  keep these sites up and current. Oops, i forgot, this is the IBFC.
  Anybody else want to chime in on the stat or SID issue?

aufb05

Gomer-

AU isn't big on pictures but it has the best IBFC stat site, a two deep roster would complete it.

D3Sombody-

"JOE" - that's rich, I'll pass it along.

footballfan05

D3somebody,
   If you are that informed you would know that although the sports complex is not owned by Benedictine it is run by the university and it is the univeristy that provides the staff among other things.  Lisle HS plays on friday nights and thus has no conflict with sat night games.  And the university does get top priority on the field, if lisle had top priority don't you think they would be practicing on the field everyday? So enough about BU not owning the field, it is a partnership with the city of lisle and if you were that informed you would know this information.  And this partnership is going to do a lot of great things for BU football and the university didn't even have to front the money for it. Sounds like a great deal for BU.

Big_Uns

Gomer,

Benedictine does not have a full-time SID. So they don't have anyone to do or not do his/her job. From what I understand they haven't had one for a while and are kind of scrambling to find someone on their staff who can take care of SID duties in their spare time while juggling their full-time responsibilities as well.

wlcalum

How about a student to keep things up to date. You can't tell me students don't know how to use a computer.   :D

Gomer Pyle

Big-uns, wlcalum:
   My idea is to have the computer dept of each school, with-in the IBC, handle the daily / weekly imput  of information ref what ever sport is on tap.
  Students who participate would receive credit
towards their degrees or some kind of credit.
  Give them free reign to design/ lay out and cultivate it all year long. This would be a project rather than a "job." and as they would have something of themselfs invested i`m sure the
  finished product would be well done. Something that would make most schools proud.
  As it is now( just look at Mac`s site for one) is a
  joke! This is a college run/maintained site and it`s been totally forgotten! Shameful. It`s the schools obligation to maintain all their web-sites with-out question so why are there so many in dis-repair?
  That`s the question guys.
  wlcalum, you touched on it ...i just went a little further with it. This thing could be pasted on year after year and the product, with the infusion of new contributors, would have a life of it`s own.
  No more ...MICKEY MOUSE... but hey,have you seem the athletic site at so and so ? really nice.
OOPS, I forgot again, this is the IBC.

Big_Uns

You know, as long as we're on the subject...Who do you think handles that stuff the best? I know neither CUW nor Mac had the score of that game up until late Saturday night so I'm ruling them out.

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: Big_Uns on October 05, 2005, 04:40:00 PM
You know, as long as we're on the subject...Who do you think handles that stuff the best? I know neither CUW nor Mac had the score of that game up until late Saturday night so I'm ruling them out.

Mac does not have the "first" score up yet.  I`ll
  tell you how bad Mac is. Their web-site still shows
  Wooster as the game of the week and that was week-1. How bad is that??
As far as CUW goes at least they post stats on their site. They may be late but they getum up.
So to answer your question it looks like CUW....
Even the "new" IBFC site is sputtering in terns of
  posting in a timely manner. It`s a much better site by far but  i guess it`s still growing.

D3Somebody

Quote from: footballfan05 on October 05, 2005, 12:11:51 PM
D3somebody,
   If you are that informed you would know that although the sports complex is not owned by Benedictine it is run by the university and it is the univeristy that provides the staff among other things.  Lisle HS plays on friday nights and thus has no conflict with sat night games.  And the university does get top priority on the field, if lisle had top priority don't you think they would be practicing on the field everyday? So enough about BU not owning the field, it is a partnership with the city of lisle and if you were that informed you would know this information.  And this partnership is going to do a lot of great things for BU football and the university didn't even have to front the money for it. Sounds like a great deal for BU.

I know that the sports complex is run by the University. Why would I say anything differently? Of course they run it...it is on their property. Who else would run it?

Again, the University does not have top priority. If that was the case, they would be playing all night games, which they aren't. Benedictine hosts other events during that time...high school soccer games, high school football games, playoff high school football games, semi-pro games, etc.

And no...why would Lisle need to practice on the field everyday? What would be the point of them taking a bus to practice everyday...even if it is down the block...when they have a field right outside of their school? What would be the point of that? Use your head...which you didn't do in your last post.

And I never said that it would not do great things for the University. Other people using the complex just gives BU a better name. People who know nothing about actually paid for the field ASSUME that Benedictine is just this great school who likes to host different events because they are great people. The truth is...the administration has no choice. They didn't pay for the field, therefore it is not their decision what goes on there.

Thank you for strengthening by case.

footballfan05

D3somebody
Carthage, 2 home games at night 2 during the day/ North Central, 3 home day games 2 night games(1 vs BU).  Both of these schools own their fields so can you explain why they dont play all night games for me? 

Pat Coleman

It's been a few years since I lived in the Midwest but if I recall correctly, eventually it gets cold at night during the football season.  :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3Somebody

Quote from: footballfan05 on October 05, 2005, 11:20:56 PM
D3somebody
Carthage, 2 home games at night 2 during the day/ North Central, 3 home day games 2 night games(1 vs BU).  Both of these schools own their fields so can you explain why they dont play all night games for me? 

How would I be able to speak for North Central or Cartahge? And just because North Central or Carthage plays that amount, why would it be the same for Benedictine? Care to explain?

Benedictine...brand new football field....brand new sports complex....wouldn't you play more night games IF you could? I'd imagine so...

D3Somebody

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 05, 2005, 11:24:12 PM
It's been a few years since I lived in the Midwest but if I recall correctly, eventually it gets cold at night during the football season.  :)

And it's not cold during the day ???