FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big_Uns

Mr. Ypsi,

That was the most insightful post of the year. No lie.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: OzJohnny93 on November 24, 2005, 07:18:05 PM
Maybe Dan Quayle had posts like yours in mind when he punted on the Negro College Fund's slogan and said, " A mind is a terrible thing to lose."

Actually, I believe that misquote is, "what a waste it is to lose one's mind." :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 24, 2005, 09:27:45 PM
Maybe Dan Quayle had posts like yours in mind when he punted on the Negro College Fund's slogan and said, " A mind is a terrible thing to lose."

Actually, I believe that misquote is, "what a waste it is to lose one's mind." :)

You're probably right.  I felt the post lost some of it's disrespectful tone to hedge the quote ("...said something like...").  And I couldn't be bothered googling the correct words.

BTW - I took a quick look for his coach's email at Benedictine, but didn't find it.  It would be good if someone could make the program aware of this sort of conduct.  It's a key step toward creating the type of discipline needed for success.  I also doubt the coach would appreciate the discriptions of his sideline and locker room behavior, which is apparently no better than that of Soulsenda in this forum.
[  

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 24, 2005, 09:25:08 PM
Quote from: Soulsenda on November 24, 2005, 06:35:51 PM
BALL FOUR TAKE A WALK. 

OK, you're outta here!

THANK YOU

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 24, 2005, 09:27:45 PM

Well, I was close a few posts ago, but yours sounds more like I now remember it.

And, alas, we now have a President who makes Dan Quayle seem articulate! ;)

(And, I promise, no more political commentary on this site!)

CardinalAlum

Ask and you shall receive!   ;D

Jon Cooper-Head Football Coach, Benedectine University.
(630) 829-6153
jcooper@ben.edu
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Big_Uns on November 24, 2005, 09:18:51 PM
Mr. Ypsi,

That was the most insightful post of the year. No lie.

I did two consecutive posts - I'm dyin' to know: which one??!! ;) ;D

Big_Uns

The one about the Karma rating.  :)

usee

i will add this- jon cooper (hc at bu) is a class act. he spent many years at aurora and was a big reason they had the success they did. he knows his football and most certainly would not tolerate the actions of his players on here if he knew it were happening.

so long soulsenda--good riddance.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Big_Uns on November 24, 2005, 10:49:09 PM
The one about the Karma rating.  :)

Thanks for clarifying!  I'll put you back closer to the positive side!

sotha sil

hey, i play fable and i like being good...so if everyone could be nice and make my karma good i would love ya....please ppl im an angle...on the field im godly too

bufan

USEE

Good call, Coach Coop is a class act and if this was sent to him he would probably do something about it.  Joe just doesnt give a "you know what" he does what he wants and most of the time he gets reprecussions.  I guess if you wanted to credit him with something it would be not taking any sh*t.

Anyways, I have a clarification question, what are the requirements for eanring first team, second team, and honorable mention? I hear different things about each.  Is first team unanimous, second team X numnber of coaches vote for you and honorable mention just one other coach besides yours votes for you?

sotha sil

-2 you guys are just evil...pat can you pulls some strings

Black Panther

Gentlemen,

I have never been compelled to participate in this posting until now!

First, I agree with Sergo or Soulsenda to the extent of defending himself and his Conference but i don't agree with some choice of words.   There was alot of truth in the words he shared.   Alot of you guys do slam "KIDS" and there respectful football programs.  Regardless of what we have accomplished or where we've been in our football careers it's not our right to judge, demoralize and strip these kids of their experiences.   "We had our time now let them enjoy there careers how they seem fit"

I've witnessed guys from other conferences get on here and just slam each other bragging that there conference would beat the "you know what" out of IBFC kids. (Oh, but you guys didn't see those post, so there goes questioning the CCIW representation and maturity!!!)  True enough the IBFC have not produced once in the playoffs but how can you compare last years team, competition and elements to a current team?  Stats do give the truth but they don't speak for character..........

The bottom line is this, I'm a former "D1" player and whenever I watch a football game I don't compare myself to them nor do I look down on another team because of their conference.  I watch with respect of the competitors and most important respect for the game.....

"You guys know damn well, if you were him maybe 10 yrs ago, you would've repsonded the same way!!!!! " He's just a kid........ 

Yes, Jon Cooper and Staff are a great group of coaches but by no means do i judge them because of their kids actions.  Coaches mold and teach the kids in their allotted time they don't control them. 

I'm also tired of hearing about the T.O. situation.  I don't see you guys judging or questioning Andy Reid's character because of T.O.'s behavior?

I hope that I have not offended anyone by sending this but I hope this came as an enlightenment.......

"Can't we all just get along?"

Go Bears!!!!!!! :)

FalconsFootball

I think this is one of the most insightful posts I have seen all year.  I am not exactly sure what soulsenda was saying becuase I have not been on in a while but I beleive the rest of black panthers post was great. 

Other posters come on here and talk and talk about how our conference is weak.  Obviously our post season record is sad, but that is because we are constantly being matched up with some of the best teams in the country.  La-X had a lot of class after they beat us in the playoffs and they were a far better team than AUG. 

I don't understand where all of this hatred comes from for the IBFC.  I hope everyone who comes on here thumping their chest feels better about themselves.  We still love the game, stay on your own website and stroke eachother off while you talk about how great your conference is because 44-7 isnt all that impressive either.  YOUR ALL PLAYING DIVISION III, GET OVER YOURSELF.

I do not want to offend the guys who come on here and understand the fact that we are playing the same game, it is great to see there are still people who are intelligent out there.