FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Las Vegas Wildcards

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 11, 2012, 03:05:11 PM
There will always be a home of some sort for schools that don't want to or can't afford to offer a broad-based athletics program the way the NCAA requires. A school has to field a sport in each gender in each season and a minimum of 10 sports total in order to be in Division III, 12 sports if the school has more than 1,000 undergraduates. There's no minimum in the NAIA, and that is certainly attractive to some people.

Interesting to note the College of Idaho president is Marvin Henberg, who worked at Linfield, and wrote a book about the history of Linfield College. The Wildcats and Coyotes played often, according to the media guide, with Linfield holding a 28-15 series advantage. 1977 was the last meeting between the two schools.

CKBeber329

"There's no minimum in the NAIA, and that is certainly attractive to some people."

Actually, They just made is so that member schools have to have at least 6 sports, new schools applying have to meet this, but schools that are already members have extra time to add sports if they aren't already up to 6.

wildcat11

Catdomealumni.com Video of the Week: 2011 Pacific

2011 Linfield at Pacific

next week: 2011 vs PLU

Bearcat Press

Willamette has released its 2011 football schedule with a press release.  Negatives: starting the season on the road at Hardin-Simmons is going to be rough, the bye isn't in a good spot at all, I can't say I'm very excited to see the Bearcats play Pacific twice, and playing @PLU and @Linfield in back-to-back weeks is brutal.  Positives: I really like the matchup with East Texas Baptist, only having to play one NAIA school (the "Speckman Bowl" against Menlo) is good, and balancing out the schedule with five at home and five on the road is really good.
"It's a slippery slope from the penthouse to the outhouse." - Mark Speckman

Pat Coleman

Why release a schedule with all those TBA times? Our schedule is more complete than that.

http://www.d3football.com/teams/Willamette/2012/index
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D O.C.

Sorta excited by what WC11 has been posting as far as recruits.
Seems like able to get to Walnut home or AWAY in 2013.

river

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 17, 2012, 05:15:27 PM
Why release a schedule with all those TBA times? Our schedule is more complete than that.

Quote from: Bearcat Press on April 17, 2012, 04:39:02 PM
Willamette has released its 2011 football schedule with a press release.  Negatives: starting the season on the road at Hardin-Simmons is going to be rough, the bye isn't in a good spot at all, I can't say I'm very excited to see the Bearcats play Pacific twice, and playing @PLU and @Linfield in back-to-back weeks is brutal.  Positives: I really like the matchup with East Texas Baptist, only having to play one NAIA school (the "Speckman Bowl" against Menlo) is good, and balancing out the schedule with five at home and five on the road is really good.

Have to agree with Pat, it seems strange that the schedule on the Bearcat website has not been changed to take out all the TBAs and replace them with the actual times.   Regarding the schedule, I look forward to seeing the new wrinkles in the Bearcat offense as well the "Old Fly" vs. "New Fly" game with the Oaks. 

Bearcat Press

Passing this along simply as a newsworthy item.  Obviously a tough situation for everybody involved, but I'm sure Linfield is handling their end of things the right way.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2012/04/former_standout_hillsboro_high_1.html
"It's a slippery slope from the penthouse to the outhouse." - Mark Speckman

river

Don't know how the Bearcats are doing overall in the recruiting wars this year, but they seem to have successfully gotten at least one Cali player who made the local news about going to Willamette.

AG High football's Adelman to play at Willamette University

Arroyo Grande made Newsweek's list of America's Best High Schools.

wildcat11

SUADC

I like the ten games, good job completing the schedule!

D O.C.

Understanding Wildcat11 was limited in videoland while in Dover DE, BUT....I'd like a reality check if we could have a little, say, first half / second half video to look at. I would venture the staff has not quit looking at what they have except for most of Christmas break and New Years Eve.
Just sayin'.

river

Quote from: wildcat11 on March 14, 2012, 02:24:34 PM
Coach Smith was nice enough to talk about the 2012 season with the ADvantage 'Catdome and he also breaks the news that Linfield will be filling that 2013 George Fox slot by playing in Cleavland, Ohio vs Case Western Reserve.

http://catdomealumni.blogspot.com/2012/03/talking-2012-with-linfields-top-cat.html

Case Western Reserve apparently had has a great recruiting class in 2012 says Head Coach Greg Debeljak:  "Not only is this one of the largest classes we have had commit at this early of a date, it is also one of the most talented," said Debeljak. "We look forward to finishing strong and having one of our best recruiting classes in my time at Case."

April 10, 2012
Spartan Football Announces First Wave of 2012 Recruiting Class

Case should be a great game for the Wildcats in 2013.

MonroviaCat

On that note, you might want to update your (d3football.com) schedule for Pacific (http://www.goboxers.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&tab=football).
Go Cats!

Pat Coleman

Thanks. I can't check daily. Been to that site a couple times in the past.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.