FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpled

Quote from: bman on November 29, 2012, 03:51:28 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 29, 2012, 02:07:19 PM
Quote from: bman on November 24, 2012, 08:27:51 PM
Quote from: SUADC on November 24, 2012, 07:35:26 PM
Good Luck Widener next week and don't let nobody say you can't, because today you prove many people wrong. I'll be cheering you on. Let's show the North that you guys are for real.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  +K  It will take alot to overcome the next obstacle...but would love to see it happen!

Mount fans are already worried about who the officials will be in the semi finals.  ::)

Best of luck to Widener! Go get 'em  ;D

I love the NCAC officials already!

Not worried at all...we take it one game at a time. For all you Pride fans making the trip...welcome to Alliance...and have a safe journey and we're both in luck...Saturday's forecast is partly cloudy and a high of 55. You'll be in the east stands which are open and more than likely Section 12. Good luck!
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

bman

Quote from: purpled on November 29, 2012, 06:15:18 PM
Good Luck Widener next week and don't let nobody say you can't, because today you prove many people wrong. I'll be cheering you on. Let's show the North that you guys are for real.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  +K  It will take alot to overcome the next obstacle...but would love to see it happen!

Mount fans are already worried about who the officials will be in the semi finals.  ::)

Not worried at all...we take it one game at a time. For all you Pride fans making the trip...welcome to Alliance...and have a safe journey and we're both in luck...Saturday's forecast is partly cloudy and a high of 55. You'll be in the east stands which are open and more than likely Section 12. Good luck!

Purpled...thanks for the kind wishes...I would love to make the journey to Alliance, but I also like being married, so it's not going to happen for me... ::)
Hopefully the video stream will be crisp and clear
Good luck to your guys as well(although they don't need it as much as us!)

AUKaz00

Quote from: bman on November 30, 2012, 11:46:43 AM
Quote from: purpled on November 29, 2012, 06:15:18 PM

Purpled...thanks for the kind wishes...I would love to make the journey to Alliance, but I also like being married, so it's not going to happen for me... ::)
Hopefully the video stream will be crisp and clear
Good luck to your guys as well(although they don't need it as much as us!)

Unless it's different from years past, UMU only has audio since they have a deal with their local sports network to air the games on tape delay.  The trip to Alliance is worth begging from the Mrs., but you're likely much farther away than we are in Mayberry.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

Pat Coleman

Widener is apparently producing its own video stream on-site.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Warren Thompson

Mt. Union 72, Widener 17. Final

There just might be some knowing smiles in Wilkes-Barre.  ;)

pg04

Does this mean Wilkes would lose to Mount Union 162-0 or something?  :o :P

Warren Thompson

Quote from: pg04 on December 01, 2012, 03:24:28 PM
Does this mean Wilkes would lose to Mount Union 162-0 or something?  :o :P

I've no idea. On the other hand, it might mean that Widener should drop football and take up intercollegiate knitting.  ::)

dlippiel

Congrats to Wagner on a great season. Tough way to end it today.

Lyco80

Have to say I did not see the score of the MU - WU game coming.  Apparently Ohio football players are monsters who can devour, in one gulp, players from East of the Alleghenies.  Still - the MAC champ made it to the quarters - not too shabby.  Still remember the Lycoming - MU game in 1997 and how on the first kick-off the Mount Union guy just laughed after a Lyco starter hit him with his best shot - They are just playing at a totally different level than we are in the East - it is that complex and that simple.

Happy Holidays to all MAC posters and lurkers - and you know who you are too!

ATB

purpled

Widener players/fans...congrats on an excellent season! Coming into the quarters undefeated is no small task. I was not expecting the Pride to make those big mistakes which are bad against any team but against Mount those mistakes are a death wish. Is throwing the ball 64 times something you guys always do?

Happy Holidays everyone!
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

purpled

Does anyone know what was up with one of your fans arguing with player/coaching personnel?

bman

Quote from: purpled on December 01, 2012, 06:32:48 PM
Widener players/fans...congrats on an excellent season! Coming into the quarters undefeated is no small task. I was not expecting the Pride to make those big mistakes which are bad against any team but against Mount those mistakes are a death wish. Is throwing the ball 64 times something you guys always do?

Happy Holidays everyone!
Purpled
First off, thanks for coming to the MAC board to interact +K ...not many of your OAC brethern, bothered...

To answer your question, 64 pass plays is out of the norm for any team, but it is true the WU's offense is built around the pass. Hhowever, what was not normal was the complete lack of running game, and the total imbalance of run to pass.   I kind of expected that we would not run much, and I get the sense that coach Collins, realized that given the size and speed of the UMU defense, that it would be a waste of a down, however, not running at all, just put more pressure on the line, which was somewhat of an issue all day.
It was easy to see early in the game,that WU had difficulty moving the ball, while UMU methodically moved the ball down the field...
To be realistic, UMU was bigger and faster at almost every position, and I am somewhat grateful that coach Kehres, didn't run it up more...I really feel that UMU could have put up 100 if they really wanted to...
I almost feel (after watching today) that UMU could be competitive against some lesser 1AA teams.
Watching UMU (for fans of East teams) is like watching a horror movie...you know something bad is going to happen, but you just don't know when...
you say to yourself "Don't go into the basement with only a flashlight dummy"!  - (which is akin to "Don't throw a screen there!" or Don't throw if 40 yds downfield on a 2nd and 4"!), but when the carnage does occur, it's in a sense mesmerizing, and you can't turn away from it...
In anycase I am proud of the season that Widnener had, and now they definitively know what they need to have to compete at the next level...

bman

Quote from: purpled on December 01, 2012, 06:49:28 PM
Does anyone know what was up with one of your fans arguing with player/coaching personnel?
nope, but there has unfortunately been somewhat of a history of that at WU

Given that we are metro Philadelphia, (and you know the history of the Eagles fans)....the likelihood of it happening are great ::)

Knightstalker

Quote from: dlip on December 01, 2012, 03:49:57 PM
Congrats to Wagner on a great season. Tough way to end it today.

Wagner?  That's a D-II school on Staten Island.  I will give Dlip a Dlipping pass on this after the beating Hobart took today, even if he is a Union fan.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).