WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville returns to the air after the holidays with plenty to talk about. Dave McHugh talks with coaches whose teams made some statements over the holidays. They include Wartburg and Capital women's programs along with the No. 17 Susquehanna men's program. You will also hear from a few coaches at this year's D3hoops.com Classic.

Watch Hoopsville LIVE at 7pm ET: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/jan3

Guests include (in order):
- Bob Amsberry, Wartburg women's coach
- Dixie Jeffers, Capital's women's coach
- Frank Marcinek, No. 17 Susquehanna's men's coach

D3hoops.com Classic Interviews:
- UW-Stout's Eddie Andrist
- Calvin's Kevin Vande Streek
- possibly more

You can tune into the podcast after the show airs here::
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

And don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

doolittledog

1st week of conference play is in the books. 

Wartburg (16/22)  2-0 12-1 
Luther (RV/RV)  2-0 10-3
Loras  2-0 9-4
Simpson  1-1 8-5
Buena Vista  1-1 7-6
Coe  0-2 9-4
Dubuque  0-2 5-8
Central  0-2 3-10

Wednesday games...

Dubuque @ Central   
Coe @ Buena Vista     
Wartburg @ Luther 
Loras @ Simpson 

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Phred

The Coe vs BV score was astounding !  Coe won 107 to 95 !  Has to be a conference atleast !
He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It isn't easy to coach at any level. It is a joy to coach Division III says many a coach. Some enjoy it on their way up the ladder, others on their way closer to retirement, and others as their passion.

Tonight on Hoopsville we talk to many coaches in different aspects of their careers with varying teams who are succeeding on the court and off of it because of what coaching has taught them including facing the challenges no one should face especially off the court.

Hoopsville hits the air tonight at 7:00 pm ET with a jam packed show. Talking to programs who are leading their conferences or in the hunt facing the challenge that not everyone expect them to be competitive. We also talk to a few coaches who are taking care of more than Xs and Os. They are taking care of their team after a horrific circumstance of a player's murder or looking out of their own battling cancer.

You can watch the show starting at 7pm ET tonight right here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/jan21

Guests include (in order):
- Scott Hemer, SUNY Geneseo women's coach
- Chris Downs, St. Lawrence men's coach
- Dan Priest, Kenyon men's coach (NABC Coach's Corner)
- Guy Rancourt, Lycoming men's coach
- Amanda Bailey, Luther women's coach
- Jacquie Hullah, Carngie Mellon women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:

And don't forget you can always interact with us:
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

For the third consecutive year, Hoopsville will air for 12 hours as the regular season enters the final four weeks. Dave McHugh will chat with coaches, administrators, student-athletes, and others involved in Division III basketball from around the country. Other guests will include those who have Division III roots or appreciate the division and the game along with the student-athletes who play the sport.

Hoopsville will air from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (and maybe later) on Thursday, February 4 live from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can see what guests are scheduled, get more information, and watch the show here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/feb4

You can also read the press release about the show: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/hoopsville-marathon-2016

Here is the guest list as we speak. All times are Eastern and subject to change. Additional guests to be added if and when necessary:

TimeGuestSchool
10:15amConnie TilleySt. Norbert (WBB) - WBCA Center Court
10:40amJamie PurdyPeidmont (WBB)
11:00amKeri CarolloUW-Whitewater (WBB) - Nat'l Committee Chair
11:20amBrent PollariSaint Mary's (Minn.) (WBB)
11:40amKent MadsenNo. 21 Wheaton (Ill.) (WBB)
12:00pmRussell LoydRose-Hulman (MBB)
12:20pmKevin BroderickNazareth (MBB)
12:40pmJustin ScottArcadia (MBB)
1:00pmSam HargravesNo. 12 Alma (MBB)
1:20pmLenny ReichMount Union (SID)
1:40pmMaureen WebsterClarkson (WBB)
2:00pmBetsy WitmanYork (Pa.) (WBB)
2:20pmSara LeeDenison (WBB)
2:40pmKlay KneuppelWisconsin Lutheran (MBB)
3:00pmBrian Van HaaftenBuena Vista (MBB) - Nat'l Committee Chair
3:30pmSydney MossNo. 1 Thomas More (WBB)
3:45pmAaron RousellBucknell (WBB) - former Chicago coach
4:00pmTim ShanahanStaten Island (WBB)
4:20Pat CunninghamTrinity (Texas) (MBB) - NABC Coach's Corner
4:50pmBubba SmithSewanee (MBB)
5:15pmBen StrongFormer Guilford All-American
5:30pmKevin ConnorsESPN SportsCenter Anchor - Ithaca alumnus
6:00pmKristen DowlingClaremont-Mudd-Scripps (WBB)
6:20pmAllison ColemanSage (WBB)
6:40pmLandry KosmalskiSwarthmore (MBB)
7:00pmDave NilandNo. 23 Penn State-Behrend (MBB)
7:20pmAaron GallettaLasell (MBB)
7:40pmJohn BaronGwynedd-Mercy (MBB)
8:00pm
8:20pm
8:40pmMelissa HodgdonWheaton (Mass.) (WBB)
9:00pmG.P. GromackiNo. 2 Amherst (WBB)
9:20pmJames Wagner
9:40pmHAPPY HOURFree-for-all of calls, tweets, and fun!

We hope to get at least the full show on a podcast, or several podcast, during the on Friday. You can find it here:

Don't forget you can always interact with us:

And a reminder the Hoopsville Fundraising Project has begun yet again. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered. If you can not donate, please don't worry about - we understand. At least share the campaign with anyone you think might be interested: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509

Also, if you know any advertisers interested in promoting their company or products on the show, send them our way: hoopsville@d3hoops.com

Thanks!

Pat Coleman

Alright, folks -- the NCAA's first women's basketball regional rankings are posted. Check out the full list from D3hoops.com:
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2016/02/10/first-2016-regional-rankings-released-today/
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

doolittledog

1 week left in the regular season.  Luther has clinched at least a share of the conference title with a 2 game lead with 2 games left.  Luther, Loras, BVU, Wartburg, Simpson have clinched spots in the conference tourney.  Coe and Dubuque are battling it out for the last spot.  Central is the only school eliminated. 

Standings...

Luther 10-2  18-5
Loras   8-4   15-8
B Vista 8-4  14-9
Wartburg 7-5  17-6
Simpson 7-5   14-9
Coe   4-8  13-10
Dubuque 3-9  8-15
Central  1-11  4-19

Remaining games...

Wednesday 2-17
Dubuque @ Wartburg
Luther @ Coe
BVU @ Simpson
Central @ Loras

Saturday 2-20
BVU @ Coe
Luther @ Wartburg
Central @ Dubuque
Simpson @ Loras
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Bird Dog

Going to the Coe alumni game today.

Coe plays BV if Coe wins it gets in the tournament.  If Coe loses and D.U. lose, Coe gets in.  Coe loses and D.U. wins, U.D. gets in on tie breaker (beat Coe twice during regular season). 

Coe (4-9) has the tougher opponent with in B.V. (8-5).

D.U. (3-10) plays Central (1-12) which appears to be the easier opponent  except Centrals one win is against D.U.

Good luck to all involved and stay healthy. 

doolittledog

We've watched UD games at Coe and at Wartburg in recent years.  Haven't made it back to Dubuque for any home basketball games...until today.  Taking my 4'11 8th grade basketball playing daughter to the game.  The fact UD has a 5'1 player in Abbey Meyer convinced my daughter to keep going in the game.  The fact that my wife will have our other 2 in Iowa City and then Des Moines means I can go off my diet today and enjoy a meal of meat and cheese and grease.  Can't wait!!!

Bird Dog

Father and daughter on the town. U.D basketball game, Dog House Lounge and then across the parking lot to Trigger Happy Tattoo for a for dad to get a permanent memento of the occasion.  PRICELESS.

If the 4'11" daughter has dad's tenacity and blazing speed she will do well.

Doolittle it goes fast so enjoy it (cliché).  At the alumni game yesterday my daughter and the players one year younger were on the old team.

After the game A.D. gave an update on the new 14 million dollar athletic recreation center (unfortunately I forgot my check book).  It sounds like Eby will be a memory and that they will build a competition gym.  When I mentioned to the parents at my table that I hoped the new gym isn't a sterile, uncomfortable abomination like Wartburg's gym, they all agreed.

Bird Dog

Kinda fell asleep.  Didn't realize Wartburg women are in the final four.  Congrats and keep it going.

They play Tufts Sat. March 19 @4:00 pm it will be streamed. 

GOOD LUCK!

Alfredeneumann

Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

doolittledog

Love seeing the IIAC doing well in national tourneys.  And nice to see the local press picking up on the story.  The Wartburg women were on the local news last night as well!

Alfredeneumann

I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

Alfredeneumann

Quote from: doolittledog on March 17, 2016, 10:36:00 AM
Love seeing the IIAC doing well in national tourneys.  And nice to see the local press picking up on the story.  The Wartburg women were on the local news last night as well!

You mean like Wartburg winning the National wrestling title..... again?  ;D