1 (5.3%)
UMASS-Boston
1 (5.3%)
St. Joe's
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: May 19, 2010, 04:01:33 PM

GBearsAlum15

I believe that WNEC definitely has a pretty decent shot to win it all. Anything can happen at this point, and all 8 teams are here for a reason. ECSUAlum like you said, Illinois Wesylean was the case in point last year. Whoever gets hot is the team that will bring home the hardware. If WNEC can continue their pitching dominance, they can beat anyone. WNEC's first round draw in Keystone seems to be a good matchup and should be a very competitive game. Both teams are making their first trip to the World Series and will be looking to make a statement. On paper Marietta is no doubt the favorite, sporting a .344 team BA and a ridiculous 1.71 team ERA. But like you guys said, you just never know. The field looks solid this year even with 3 newcomers. Go WNEC, bring the Walnut and Bronze back to New England!

ECSUalum

Quote from: GBearsAlum15 on May 23, 2011, 03:53:46 PM
I believe that WNEC definitely has a pretty decent shot to win it all. Anything can happen at this point, and all 8 teams are here for a reason. ECSUAlum like you said, Illinois Wesylean was the case in point last year. Whoever gets hot is the team that will bring home the hardware. If WNEC can continue their pitching dominance, they can beat anyone. WNEC's first round draw in Keystone seems to be a good matchup and should be a very competitive game. Both teams are making their first trip to the World Series and will be looking to make a statement. On paper Marietta is no doubt the favorite, sporting a .344 team BA and a ridiculous 1.71 team ERA. But like you guys said, you just never know. The field looks solid this year even with 3 newcomers. Go WNEC, bring the Walnut and Bronze back to New England!

GBearsAlum,

I will certainly be rooting for the Golden Bears, and in addition I think it is really cool that 3 teams beside WNEC are having their first trip to Wisconsin.  It is especially nice to see WNEC there as they have had a wonderful program for many many years!!  Let's hope the offense, D and pitching stays torrid, and, if so, they can beat anybody. 

Finally, if the GBEARS are successful, I am sure we will be graced with some excellent Wordsmith posts, which are always enjoyable ;D ;D ;D 8-) 8-)